• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:05 AM

This was his first official grow, and could use advise/tips to reach optimum fruiting levels.

knocked on 4-17 and off to a slow start due to low temps, jars finally colonized. they are mycrotopia jars colonized with b+ and treasure coast from sporeworks.
there were several other rye grain jars with other strains that were innoc. on the same date but all were lost to contams.

Finally he came up with a chamber that worked. a fishtank heater in a glass jar covered with foil, inside of a plastic tub along with several individual fruiting chambers, such as a slurpee cup or a plastic fruit bowl. All cakes were DEC.

Attached Thumbnails

• 5 weird shrooom.jpg
  • 4 invit pin smile.jpg
  • 3 slurpee.jpg
  • 2 dub layer fc.jpg
  • 1 chamber.jpg

#2 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:12 AM

the first shroom that popped up was the weird split stem treasure coast in the above pic.

He was so happy when he saw the first invitro pin.
Then when they started to grow he decided to leave more than half in glass.
this was the best part to see some thing so cool. and at room temp too! he didnt let them get to there full potential and harvested them. it seemed that one giant one would creep along the top or bottom and the rest were stunted. next time i guess i should loosen the lid. Also the cakes were not dunked for the first flush.

Attached Thumbnails

• 11 invit birth fractal.jpg
  • 12 invit top curl.jpg
  • 10 invit birth shade.jpg
  • 9 in glass 1.jpg
  • 8 in glass 2.jpg
  • 6 invit.jpg
  • 7 invit in glass.jpg

#3 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:16 AM

The rest of the cakes seemed to have a good pinset but never really took off. The smaller fruits were all long and skinny. they were exposed to an average amount of light.

All the cakes are treasure coast, most of the invitro jars are B+. except the chicken container picture. the right side is b+ and the left is TC for a comparison.

Is FAE my problem?

Attached Thumbnails

• 19 roticerrie .jpg
  • 17 cake cords ok.jpg
  • 18 cake krs.jpg
  • 16 cake tc.jpg
  • 14 cake reacher foil.jpg
  • 15 cake crab.jpg
  • 13 cakes fc.jpg

#4 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:23 AM

nah yer doin super, bro
hopefully you do some cloning.....
some mean lookin flushes there:D

keep the eye candy comin m-bri..

o, have u tried chronic tek at all? ive not done much of it
but for someone havin a problem dialin-in conditions its no-fail. be well

#5 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:25 AM

it was time for him to move to a new home, and he had to figure out a way to take this show on the road. Dunking was done in gladware while moving in boxes. Drying also was done in a tuppaware dessicant chamber. also, he recently found out that after a dunk more flushes could be done in glass. Invitro is perfect for moving!
all cakes were moved invitro and in the pics i noticed a dramatic growth spurt for the second flush.:dance:

He took 25 wet g's of aborts and smaller fruits and chopped them and soaked / dunked them in an airplane bottle of grey goose 80 proof. He was amazed at how blue the liquid turned. after many hours he re-bottled the blue juice. in this pic the goose which is usually clear, looks black! he can't wait to try it.

Also the last pic is pp5 plastic with bleach pastureized straw, with TC cakes broken and layered and they are starting to colonize.

Attached Thumbnails

• 26 straw.jpg
  • 25 goose.jpg
  • 24 blu juice.jpg
  • 23 invit f2 bigger.jpg
  • 21 dry.jpg
  • 22 invit f2.jpg
  • 20 dunk.jpg

#6 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:27 AM

wow :D
http://mycotopia.net...78&d=1149830262
this pic has all kinds of sinister thoughts runnin thru me head :D
awesome man. lovin the show ;)

#7 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:33 AM

thanks cap :greenboun that about brings it up to speed, but there will be more soon :D
as things develop

#8 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:06 AM

good job man i like the invitro shits :) i am wondering about your skinny fruits as well i think that very well might be from lack of fresh air however i am a newb and i am not totally sure about that someone else will be able to say if i am right or wrong or just stupid :lol:

#9 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:08 AM

im impressed. I really like that tea steep thing you have there, thats pretty damn cool. Off to bed bath and beyond to snag me one of those tomorrow.

#10 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:42 AM

the straw is colonizing! but he also noticed some little black spots on some of the straw blades.
could that be a contam?

#11 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

Black dots=contam. Nice gro though.

#12 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

nice pix
thin long stems often means high CO2
so vent more often

#13 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

Those black dots usually will turn blue given a little time. I also had that happen when i did the straw bowl awhile back. Started noticing black dots on the top of the sub. I sprayed them with bleach water, it held it at bay for a little bit. I got some fruits out of it then the contams exploded.

#14 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

:) thanx for the tips

#15 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:18 PM

Going on like three flushes invitro. in the first pic the jar on the left was assembled with lid down first, with cake on top, then lower glass down. the three on right were thrown together in a hurry (glass right side up with cake thrown in and lid screwed on). there is a noticeable air difference in this pic.

The straw cake started pinning and growing before it fully colonized. What should he do, use as spawn or leave it be?:eusa_thin

he made a few cakes into experimental outdoor beds, and some cakes into casings in microwave food containers with past c-poo.

The other invitro jars all fruited well and he got a few bigguns.

the casings mycelium are catching on quick, and mostly everything except 2 invitro jars will be made into attempted bulk tubs or outdoor beds.:D

Thanks to Mycotopia for being the answer to all my questions:bow:

Attached Thumbnails

• update 10.jpg
  • update 8.jpg
  • update 9.jpg
  • update 7.jpg
  • update 5.jpg
  • update 6.jpg
  • update 4.jpg
  • update 2.jpg
  • update 3.jpg
  • update 1.jpg

#16 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:49 AM

Nice looking invitro haul, man! Congrats!!!

All that many new projects started, eh?

I think we've hooked another one...

#17 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:39 AM

Thanks to everyone who posted here and for reading my log!

:) thanks Buckaroo, yeah i think ive been hooked for a little while :)

these last few posts he will finish his growlog. the cakes had about 5 flushes in total at this point he made experimental casings and outdoor boxes.

the small microwave containers fruited only two large b+ fruits each. one had bright green trich contam, and i had to toss it.

also a seed germination tray was used for a treasure coast cake crumbled into oven-pasturized c-poo (agway brand) and peat, and cased with coir after recovering.

the plastic tub was tc in bleach pasterized straw with oven-past. poo with no casing. this fruited well.

some of the caps were left to open all the way sporulation was heavy and he finally got some good prints.

Attached Thumbnails

• under b+.jpg
  • yeild fnlilv.jpg
  • straw reachers.jpg
  • casings in fc.jpg
  • seed germ.jpg

#18 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:48 AM

What made him most happy is that the great outdoors let him fruit the magic out there. which is where all cakes ended up getting crumbled and mixed. outside he just used moisted c-poo and wet straw crumbled with cakes. sometimes he messed around with casing with coir, peat, cactus soil, gypsum, leaves, perlite, verm, ect. he did get some fruits, no giant pinset but there still flushing. the little flower pot looked very cool.

i have one question. in the pics you can see a wire basket with damp straw and crumbled cake misted daily. it always seems dry, should he have the straw log indoors?

so thats it. he hopes to learn more. last but not least thank you everyone at mycotopia, :bow: couldnt have done it without all your help and knowledge. you all have been great since day one.

Attached Thumbnails

• outdoor box.jpg
  • straw log.jpg
  • outdo yeild.jpg
  • outdo bigguns.jpg
  • outdoor tc.jpg
  • outdoor cube.jpg
  • flowerot 2.jpg
  • flowerpot.jpg

#19 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:37 AM

oh yeah, blue juice was made again, this time the liquid remained pretty clear. The last batch was tested and a heavy intoxication occured with no visuals, possibly it was so dark blue that is was less potent?
the clear batch has yet to be tested.

#20 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:00 AM

You did so well I am proud:dance: :space: :kewl: I def have alot to learn.Mahalo

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!