• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#61 Cepheid

Cepheid

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

A cube is a cube, especially when working from spores. Pick one that interests you, Best advice, after growing for awhile you can selectively clone your biggest and most potent fruits and isolate the genetics using a variety of methods.

Save that for later.

Some of my faves I have worked with on cakes have been,

Alcabenzi
SyZyGy
Brazilians

PE is also very fun to work with and known for it's potency, it is not a very prolific fruiter on cakes when working from spores.

#62 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Yeah it is best strian of cube time again. hoot hoot hoot. I like the Ban Phang ka. For a good first flush. I do and they seem to have some potency. The Pesh is pretty far out too. Thai Lipa Yai is one of my personal favorites. I liked eating the pink buffalo as well. B+ is good too.

#63 DeerShizzle

DeerShizzle

They took our Jobs!

• Expired Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

A cube is a cube

:eusa_clap You will hear this a lot, and it is 95 percent true. Pick one that interests you and go from there. Find your happy medium. There are some that will piss you off to no end!

#64 Shamanamba

Shamanamba

The Shaman

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

Indeed. You're never actually working with "a strain" unless you personally go through the steps necessary to isolate a monoculture. If you're putting spores directly into your cakes/spawn, then there is no "strain" it's just cubensis. However, as stated above already, there is always PE which stands as somewhat of an exception to the rule.

Cubes happen all over the world. While they are all inherently the same thing, each region has developed its own particular pool of genetics. Spores taken from a certain pool of genetics will grow into mushrooms which resemble the previous generations. These pools of genetics will harbor certain aspects such as (size, shape, color and so on) which will tend to repeat from one generation to another. But when you're looking for qualities such as potency, speed of growth, resistance to contamination etc..., you gotta isolate a strain yourself. You can't expect these qualities to show themselves with any reliability when working with multi spore inoculation.

#65 saemc

saemc

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

So over the years i seem to have seen this question asked in so many,so many diff times-but when i hear some of the answers,they dont make sense!..
For instance,someone will pop up and say,"B+" and another will always say,"Golden Teacher"..But you will always on this same note,see the ones who say,"A cube is a cube"..Ok,yes a cube is a cube,now i completely agree with this!.They all have say,the basic same effects,but!.Some one that says to compare Golden Teachers with B+,well from experience the Teachers are mad wicked potent,while the B+'s are not very potent at all,they just grow exrtemely fast and large..
So then there is this other train of thought that says the Thais are more potent than say the Mexicans,etc..I have some experience with a few of the Thais and i am not 100%,but do believe in majority,they do seem to be possibly more of a potent array of strains from that region.

But my main thing here in this post is,what are the most potent strains of Cubes available?.I know from experience and reading even,Penis Envy is one helluva potent one no doubt!!.Golden Teachers are pretty wicked as well!.
What is everyone elses input on potent cubes?.A cube is a cube of course,i know Copes and other species make them look as candy in comparison,but for cubes there is a big difference in some strains from others!.What would you list the most three potent be?.

#66 Shr00mhead

Shr00mhead

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

PE is one of the most if not the most potent cube.. but how they are grown has alot to do with potency i grew golden teachers and i didnt much care for them 5 dried grams hardly did anything

#67 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• Expired Member
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Different answers do make sense because set and setting, genetics, method of ingestion, as well as the individual consuming p. cubensis all affect potency.

#68 Fulano

Fulano

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

I would say penis envy, orissa india and cambodians.

#69 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Its a personal preference thing, personally I like PE , albinos & redboy ...

#70 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

hand down APE, albino penis envy. is that a hybrid of a hybrid?

but for sure. hands FUkin down, take it from me..... I KNOW......PE maybe 2nd affter APE....rest of the cubes i can eat for breakfast and go ice skating...but APE, put me in the mental asylm......

Of course I go for power. but guess people can go for different things, depending on what they want to do.

GT same, for me had to just catalog and put in library, beautiful of course, but maybe good for beginners.........ALBINO PENIS ENVY!!!!(IM A BIG FAN!~~~)

Edited by MungoFungo, 30 October 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#71 Bry

Bry

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Some type of PE or deff the most potent cubie it seems like i also have been experimenting with thai strain... i have a HARD head for physchedelics taken Golden teachers like the guy said up there i took around 5 grams or more in a tea and nothing... PE i took 2.5 grams and felt like i was in a lsd trip, Thai lipa yai were deff close to the PES

#72 Duelnsword

Duelnsword

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

I have not tried PE yet, its on my list of things to do. However, I love Thai Lipa Yai and Golden Teachers. Only 2g dry of the TLY had me in a solid visual trip for 4 hours or so, a full 3.5 of the GT's made me believe I was in the movie Waterworld, and that I was Kevin Costner.......just sayin

#73 Fulano

Fulano

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

To be honest ive never tripped as hard as my first time on GT. me and the wife had 20g fresh each and i was never able to trip that hard again even from 10g dry of cambodians. I have to give GT another try

#74 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Cube for cube fresh is is waaaay stronger .... some of us have that luxury

#75 BeardedLadysLady

BeardedLadysLady

username now inaccurate

• OG VIP
  • 1,093 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm in the "cube is a cube" club.

I haven't noticed any difference in any cube sub strain. I think it's all in technique and whether the conditions were perhaps better with a certain grow. Fresh or dried (and how they were dried). Everyone is different as well.

#76 Nickypno

Nickypno

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

My strongest trips have all been on my B+, but I have yet to taste PE. Very soon though... I had a batch of ecuadorians that on two separate occasions, I took 5 grams.

The first time, it was weaker than all hell. The second time, I almost shit my pants. It depends on a million things. Most people who have eaten PE seem to say it is one of the few cubes that has any noticeable variation in potency from the others though.

#77 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

i've read that PE comes with a certain added bonus in potency..

i'm finding it way too difficult to really hold a strain up to the light,... time after time after time, and then to compare that to another strain and another strain and another strain.

not for nothing, but the question is so hard to quantify in my mind. i think it would require decades to truly say that "well texans are more kick ass than cambodians.".. subsequent trips cannot happen quick enough for the average person to really compare things.. at least from where i'm standing, there are just way too many fucking things going on in that equation.

getting back to it though, I've seen some really reputable people endorse PE as the top of the list,.. orissa and redboy to mention as well.

#78 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

8 to 10 grams is to much. Hate chasing my spirit around the house trying to get it to reunite with my body.

#79 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

For the most part cubes are cubes with the exception of PE which I found to be a little bit stronger than most other cubes but not by much. Some seem to be speedier or mellower than others but overall potency is about the same. What I think really does make a difference is how they are grown and the substrate being used. It seems that mushrooms that are fruited slower in cooler temps are more potent than mushrooms that are fruited faster in warmer temps. Maturity also makes a difference. It seems that once the mushroom breaks the veil and starts producing spores it increases in size and swells rapidly but the production of goodies slows down. You get more bulk than you get with mushrooms that are picked young but the concentration of goodies is less.
  • StrangeMush likes this

#80 jamyr

jamyr

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

IMO is about 25g fresh
taz and b+ has average potency. And g olden teacher and thai pink b . Are just little bit more potent.

But. You have to consider set and setting. That give us a rough challenge clasifing mushis on potency. So i finally came on the cubies are cubies. Not big deal with diferent potency. Maybe if u try" psilohuasca"...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!