149 replies to this topic

#81 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Some have a lot more body load. Some cause more nasua. The pb mention seems to be a little stronger. PE is not natural shroom. It has been tenkered with. Explains the enhancement.

#82 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• OG VIP
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

99% of the time a cube is a cube..
Alls I am saying is 7g is normal dosage..
With albino PE.. well I decided to take it down to 5g the first time.
The same experience with any other cube I have tried would have taken probably about 9-12g.
Rough estimate.
Since then I have dropped down to around 3.5 with APE and get the same experience as 7g of most other cubies.
Only difference... the visuals are more bright and colorful with APE.
Favorite cubie hands down.

#83 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Different answers do make sense because set and setting, genetics, method of ingestion, as well as the individual consuming p. cubensis all affect potency.

Respectfully, MrG, genetics are the only one of the above that affect potency.
How that potency acts on you are where the other factors come into play.

In my experience, potency can vary incredibly, even between individual fruits
of the same flush. I think much study could be done to determine what
factors affect the potency of the devoloping fruits, and how to incorporate
that information into growing highly potent (and consistent) fruits, from
ALL strains of cubes.

Edited by bigjimmy, 31 October 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#84 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• Expired Member
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Jimmy, I agree and I think my statement needs clarification.

Genetics control the chemical makeup of each fruit, the other factors I mentioned affect how you perceive potency post consumption.

#85 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Cool bro, I kmew YOU knew, but just wanted to avoid confusing
newer readers. Not an attempt to correct you.
Peace

#86 iatebadshrooms

iatebadshrooms

And It stained skyBlue

• Expired Member
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Genetics are 90% deciding factor, the rest is variable's, such as substrate, temperature, water.....

Genetics are the reason an AZURE IS AN AZURE A CYAN A CYAN AND A CUBENSIS A CUBENSIS, but there are PROVEN mutation's and slight genetic difference's. This is happening and has been happening SINCE CUBENSIS FIRST APPEARED, all species of plant and animal, bacteria, virus, EVOLUTION< EVOLVE and ADAPT......Some quick, some not. Mushrooms adapt quickly and this effects everything about them, from there potency to there look. You cannot tell me a CUBE IS A CUBE, PENIS ENVY IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ANYOTHER STRAIN WHEN IT COMES TO APPEARance , why is that? GENETICS,

I SAY YES< A CUBENSIS IS NOT THE SAME POTENCY ACROSS THE BOARD SOME STRAINS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE AS POTENT AS ANYOTHER DUNG LOVING MUSHROOM< INCLUDING PANS. SOME ONE I KNOW HAS GROWN CUBES OF UNKNOWN GENETICS AND THE POTENCY WAS 2 grams for a full visual trip.

#87 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Genetics are 90% deciding factor, the rest is variable's, such as substrate, temperature, water.....

Genetics are the reason an AZURE IS AN AZURE A CYAN A CYAN AND A CUBENSIS A CUBENSIS, but there are PROVEN mutation's and slight genetic difference's. This is happening and has been happening SINCE CUBENSIS FIRST APPEARED, all species of plant and animal, bacteria, virus, EVOLUTION< EVOLVE and ADAPT......Some quick, some not. Mushrooms adapt quickly and this effects everything about them, from there potency to there look. You cannot tell me a CUBE IS A CUBE, PENIS ENVY IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ANYOTHER STRAIN WHEN IT COMES TO APPEARance , why is that? GENETICS,

I SAY YES< A CUBENSIS IS NOT THE SAME POTENCY ACROSS THE BOARD SOME STRAINS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE AS POTENT AS ANYOTHER DUNG LOVING MUSHROOM< INCLUDING PANS. SOME ONE I KNOW HAS GROWN CUBES OF UNKNOWN GENETICS AND THE POTENCY WAS 2 grams for a full visual trip.

I believe there have been far too few real studies of these fungus. As far as I know,
it is unknown what psychoactivity does to increase the survival of this species.
Logic tells me that the purposeful manipulation of whatever causes them to build the actives in the first place could
have an effect on their amounts.
Somewhat along the lines of CO2 and MJ.
I do not think the variability of potency noted is at all random.
Were genetics alone at work, I think there would be a much
more consistent level of potency, at least among the same strain. I believe it is accepted, at least through anecdote,
that potency can vary a great deal, among strains, and even flushes.
But again.
I don't know.
Just debating bro.
I am no scientist.

But according to your reasoning, you equate any fluctuations in potency to environment.
Genetics tend to non-diversification. So the question remains.
Why the fluctuations in poteency?

Edited by bigjimmy, 31 October 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#88 wildturtle

wildturtle

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

SOME ONE I KNOW HAS GROWN CUBES OF UNKNOWN GENETICS AND THE POTENCY WAS 2 grams for a full visual trip.

It seems hard for FOAF to grasp the idea of true way to judge the potency unless there are controlled trials testing the weight/potency ratio for that specific experiment. (i.e. note your weight, pharms you take, how you isolated myc. via clone or spore to take into acct. genetic degradation etc. as well as keep mushroom growth variables and prep./consumption methods, food eaten before and after experiments consistent to reduce as many variables as possible (all on individual basis of course): Day 1 @ time: .5g PE vs Day 2 @ same time: .5g GT, Day 3: 1g v 1g, 2g v 2g and so on to 20g+ if you so choose) Probably with a break every few days to get back to normal and prevent tolerance buildup. FOAF wants to create a wordbank of descriptions with which we can describe the effects we feel from them and create a grading system that can be quantified. (kinda like with wine) Any thoughts?

#89 Blueringer

Blueringer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

APE's have always had the best reviews IME.

#90 saemc

saemc

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Awesome!!..Very good information,just what i was hoping for in sending such a post amongst the masses of mindsets in the right direction!!..
Jimmy-i agreee with you very much so!!..

I needed a broad spectrum of diff high potency strains to get an idea of a study with genetics to create a possible strong cube,similar to the PE,but with possibly a higher yield,for personal use of course and maybe to pass along to good souls with proper energy and genetics!.;)..

I am currently looking for a good PE syringe or something for a start back in them again-i tried awhile back,but wasnt ready at the time for the complications of PE,Thought at the time that cakes were a possible route for good harvest,no with PE!!..APE sounds very interesting as well!!..If anyone has any knowlege of a place to get quality spres for APE or even just the reg PE,lemme know!..I do not want to go back to "Sporeworks"..

I am thinking abt tinkering with the Thai Lipa Yai and Orissa,i believe i have both put up and catalogued..Maybe something beautiful will come from this whole idea i am having and can show u guys something worthy of Topia!!

#91 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

s works is the only place i know that gots APE. and i seen it sold out for one year before. I checked everyday until they had it. They are the only ones that got Uncut PE that i know of too. They always ROCK AND ROLL.

#92 Unknowner

Unknowner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Psilocybin is a secondary compound found in several different types of lifeforms.

This compound(and tons of others) arose out of genetic adaptations in response to being fed on. It is meant to be a defense mechanism.

In the present day, all cubensis strains are the same species, but have been isolated(through cultivation) in time and therefore you see variable Psilocybin contents within a given strain...you can break that down and can see a different content based on one grow from another.

I recall reading that cubensis has a given range of Psilocybin content regardless of the variables(I forget how many mg/per or whatever it may be...like .54 i think?) Look this up for me.

SO no matter what happens you can only reach a given potential of active secondary compound based on the genetics of the SPECIES. Then the strain.

#93 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

[quote name='Unknowner']

This compound(and tons of others) arose out of genetic adaptations in response to being fed on. It is meant to be a defense mechanism.

This is only theorized, correct? Last time I really went after an answer, it was pretty indecisive in the scientific community. If this has changed please post some literature for me to chew on? Thanks man.

#94 Unknowner

Unknowner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

yes sir. this is a theory. this is not definitive.
As far as I know this is a theory.

Talking out my ass here: why would an organism evolve and develop a secondary compound?
Lay it on me.

Edited by Unknowner, 02 November 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#95 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

why "secondary"?

#96 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

[quote name='tryptaminer'][quote name='Unknowner']

.[/QUOTE]

What kind of defense takes a good 20 minutes to start, takes 2 hours to reach full
effect, and then gets you safely high and (for humans at least) often giggly?

More like a reward for whoever ate you!

It just seems there would have to be a much different/more complicated reason
for this than defense.

Although, as I wrote that, I see there could be a species adaptation at work. Sort
of like sacrifice the individual fruit in order for the consumer to devolop an aversion
to the species.

My dog lives to eat, and will not glance at ANY mushroom (I tested him to see if I
should be worried about him around the crop), edible or not.

Thinking is hard, huh?

#97 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Here is the way I see it, Penis Envy is an animal. It took me 3 attempts to grow them and the hilarious thing was I did not know about them I just went through the catalog seen penis and said yep that is for me. At the time it was taking 7 grams dry of golden teachers to rock me. 3 of my friends and I wanted to get bombed I do mean bombed out. Granted I was 21 at the time. I said look I have 60 grams of dry PE lets get tore up from the floor up. Weighed out 15 grams for each of us and we ate them. Long story short at 4 am everyone was in there little word scattered out on the 5 acres of land I have. The thing I remember the most is that I was talking to a tree and getting answers with problems I was having in my life. I have no clue how long that went on for.

It would be sweet if a sticky was made so people could document what strain they were growing, the weight of thier dose, and what they experianced like Highly visual,it effected my equellibream, felt rough the next day because of body load,How long it took for the dose to hit,it made me giggly,ect... Yes weight of the person,how many times you have tripped,and your specific growing conditions are going to be factors but if a general statement was made it would proboly be helpfull with strains people want to try or avoid IE high body load especially. I have grown alot of strains and never thought about documenting the effects but I will when I start back up. I generally grow 10 tubs twice a year for personal usage. I suffer from cluster head aches and migraines but if I eat 1 gram a day dry they stay away. Its been 6 years since I had a cluster hit me and I plan to keep it that way.

If the sticky also included if on the colinzation charistics like it was fast,slow,ect... I am curious about goliath's I know they get huge thats what has me curious the novelty side of it but what are they like body load,intensity,how long does the ride last. Yeah I want to go to a new year eve party with a sack of them and say PARTY TIME because of the size a few would go further.

Edited by stonestare, 03 November 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#98 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

It seems hard for FOAF to grasp the idea of true way to judge the potency unless there are controlled trials testing the weight/potency ratio for that specific experiment. (i.e. note your weight, pharms you take, how you isolated myc. via clone or spore to take into acct. genetic degradation etc. as well as keep mushroom growth variables and prep./consumption methods, food eaten before and after experiments consistent to reduce as many variables as possible (all on individual basis of course): Day 1 @ time: .5g PE vs Day 2 @ same time: .5g GT, Day 3: 1g v 1g, 2g v 2g and so on to 20g+ if you so choose) Probably with a break every few days to get back to normal and prevent tolerance buildup. FOAF wants to create a wordbank of descriptions with which we can describe the effects we feel from them and create a grading system that can be quantified. (kinda like with wine) Any thoughts?

You have noted the biggest problem in any non-scientific attempts
to quantify the potency with any consistency.
Subjectivity.
Hand someone 2 grams of 'the most potent shrooms I've ever taken'...
A month later, give him 2 grams of some 'kinda weak ones I had left over'...

Which session is he more likely to claim most intense, even though the
shrooms were the exact same dose of the same batch?

#99 Blueringer

Blueringer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Some organisms want to be eaten so their genetics are spread around. Its is not a defense mechanism but an attractive quality. Not everything in nature is on the defense...:thumbup:

#100 microscopeman

microscopeman

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

FOAF says:
- Limit space -
Limiting head space or growing invetro increases potency
- Time -
The longer it takes from pin to maturity, the more potency. F+ growing at around 50F in a FC should be slow enough.
- prep and storange -
Proper drying and storing. Air in a can helps to remove oxygen; Damp Rid helps to remove moisture; Fresh is best

Cant prove it!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!