• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 stoffel

stoffel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

(sorry for my bad english i hope its somewhat understandable)

i know lots of peopple know how to make green dragon and many recipes are on the internet.
i made a little photo report to make it a while ago and thougt, maybe i can post it on mycotopia, who knows someboddy is goïng to be helped with this or else just for watching and fun :)

this recipe is so effective, i barely smoke anymore. its just amazing. 1ml, max2ml in a coctail an you are in space after 45min for the next 4-6hours depends on weight, tollerance and so on. its like a long intense curve in stead of a short peak curve when smoked.

so i allways follow the master wu recipe and all credit goes to this genius i do not know, just stumbled up on the net.
http://boards.cannab...d-combined.html

i had some purple widow, from an outside bush, not of a great quality, but still workable. (you notice lots of leaves, small buds and so on, i removed all the leaves that didnt had any crystals on it, everthing you see thc on is usable)
Posted Image

normaly you use 5grams, but i used 7grams

pure alcohol, you can buy in my country its to drink so ethanol and not the cheap methanol (VERRY IMPORTANT if you dont want to become blind, or dead...) i think its was 94% or so also important dont use any less strong because it will not work as well or not at all. (maybe 80% will stil work, but its not as efficient)
Posted Image

the next thing i did was grinding and weiging...
Posted Image
this report was the first time, now i do 25gram a time to make 100ml and i dont use that little grinder anymore, more like a coffee grinder (and after use i rinse te blades also in alcohol because they are sticky with the good stuff)
Posted Image

the following step is verry important and key to succes or faillure!
for weed to become active it must be heated, that why you smoke or bake and dont chew it up right from the plant.
the tha become thc true decarboxylation, the carboxyl group dettaches from the molecule (dont know it to the dettail but enough to make it work :p)

the temparature is understandable also important because you dont want the thc vaporized in the air.
this is a link to a pdf document with the right temperature you bake the pot on and the right times conected to the heat. (i dont own this document, i only use it, so credit to the maker of this, its also in the original topic from master wu wich i linked on top of this thread)
http://boards.cannab...ation-graph.pdf

i baked the weed in the oven the right amount of time and heat... just enough to become somewhat brown and theire is some vapor comming of of it. this is not thc but co2 if i understand correctly
in my case i baked the 7gram for 5 minits on 165degree celcius (your kitchen will stink so dont when you expecting vissitors)
Posted Image
this was before...

Posted Image
and after, you can cleareley see the browning. if done to hot or to long the thc will be gone, if done to short or to cool the thc will not be converted and it will not work at all, so doing it correctly is important, little room for fooling around.

then i did the weed in the alcohol (notice its not much, thats why i use larger quantyties now, its easyer but also more risky if it fails.. this was more like one of a few first trials before aproving :)
Posted Image

then i lett it simmer 'au bain marie' this means in a larger pot with boiling watter.
also verry important to think about: DONT USE OPEN FLAME! because boiling alcohol, the vapors of it and fire dont mix verry well. watch in this step particulair for safety dont be high or something, you will regret it.
Posted Image

i dont have a thermometer so i watch the alcohol is boiling, normaly against the alcohol boiling point but i lett is boil with a roll, and just add more alcohol when needed.
as long as the weed is covered with it.
and i somethimes i stirr it. (did this aprox 20mins)

Posted Image
notice the alcohol becoming brown/green

after that i sift it (wats that verb?:eusa_thin)
Posted Image

the left over i put in a bottle with fresh alcohol to sit for a few months, so i can catch the leftovers in the leaves. they wherend stiky anymore so a good sighn.
Posted Image

the actual tincture. i think alcohol had a saturation point when tch doesnt dissolve anymore so if you let the alcohol vaporize you will be left with pure thc. but i dont this way its works best for me.
Posted Image

Posted Image

the end, the bottle to store wasnt that good, i now use a brown glas one of 100ml.

first it looks green and in time it will become dark brown, some peopple on the internet say that it shouldnt look green but i u did the right steps it should be fine.
every drop you spill wil become a sticky thc perl so dont waste it :eusa_droo
this is verry nice, if you make, titrate first so you dont end up to far in space as i regretfull did.
i hope you can read over the writing faults and its somewhat readable.
feel free to correct or give advice

imagine this done with kiff or some verry good inside herb!:loveeyes:

i love this so much i thing everybody should do it once :love:

peace :):hippie:

#2 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Nice work.
I love me some tincture.

#3 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Excellent write-up, Stoffel!

That decarb graph is really useful. It looks like a half hour at 250F will do the job and be less critical timing. Have you tried that?

#4 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

:bow:

#5 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Well, this thread gotted me in-spired (is that the opposite of ex-spired?). I brewed up a batch of the dragon this afternoon.

5 grams Blue Widow popcorn with the sugar leaves still on (been curing for a month).
3 oz. Everclear.
Grind weed pretty fine, bake 5 min. at 325F - I'm pretty confident of my oven, recipes are done perfectly in the time stated. And it stunk good.
Reduced in water bath to about 1 oz. and strained. Second pull, strained, reduce liquid to 1oz. to fit in dropper bottlse.

Had a dropper full in a glass of wine about 45 minute ago. I do believe I'm feeling just a bit odd. Well, maybe a bit more than just a bit. Well, kind 'a good actually.

Time to cook suppa. Sriracha buffalo wings! If I'm still conscious later I'll check in if I feel like it.

Ciao

#6 mushrooms

mushrooms

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

when you take it, do you feel drunk or high?

#7 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

when you take it, do you feel drunk or high?

I have never had any type of tincture, edible, any thc product that made me feel drunk. Usually I eat some thc in whatever form and start to feel high within 1 hour with things getting intense after 2 hours, if you have not tried edibles I highly recommend them.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#8 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Well, it ended up being a bit of a disappointment. Nice buzz but should have used more, 2 or 3 droppersful. Also, I might not have baked it quite long enough for a good decarb.

Got plenty more widder buds to cook up some more. Makin' budder too. Gotta lay in provisions for the long cold winter.

Mushrooms, it's definitely not drunk. Definitely high. But it's quite different than smoking. Or should I say same but different. It's good, but be careful, it can land you on the ceiling. I remember these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.........

#9 stoffel

stoffel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

yes a dropper isnt that much, i do between 1ml and max 2ml

but i dont have high tollerance so maybe the dose is well above 2?
no not drunk, if in a coctail i most of the time feel first the alcohol, and when that is gone the high begins.

with a new batch with diffrend herb i would increase every time till i like it. also the second day it doesnt feel that 'high' anymore and the thirth its allmost gone, so i do mosltly one time a week or so

#10 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

I find making traditional green dragon to be much more effective, ie soaking for a few weeks in the dark. Decarbing prior to this would be prudent.

Some good decarb info:

Attached File  Cannalytics-Edible-Making.pdf   204.24KB   818 downloads

Attached File  Dussy-2005-THCA-Decarboxylation.pdf   328.32KB   473 downloads

Nice write up!

Edited by mate0x, 16 November 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#11 stoffel

stoffel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

wow mateOx thats a lot of information, thanks!

#12 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,164 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Great post stoffel!
That is the exact place I got my info as well.
There was a website dedicated to green dragon by Master Wu.
I am not sure if it is still there.

Lots of good info here:
https://mycotopia.ne...een-dragon.html
And here:
https://mycotopia.ne...een-dragon.html

I find most of the failures are a result of not baking correctly.
I have found 200F for 20 min works perfect.
It is too hard to regulate temperature at the exact temp of THC vaporization without loosing it into the air.

I have been doing this for a number of years and two dropperfulls are enough to keep me going for 4 - 6 hours.

It is sooo good to see this spreading.

Keep keeping on my fellow Dragoneers. :)

#13 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

Good stuff right there!:thumbup:

#14 stoffel

stoffel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

yes, amazing this isnt more populair. it will, this is a recipe for succes :p
no one i tell this to knows it. and they are all a little sceptical at first, and amazed afterward :)

#15 BlueGloom

BlueGloom

NeckBeard

• OG VIP
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Very well done just how i do it but i do it with Keif like you were saying cheers.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!