Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Music to Listen to While Trippin?

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#21 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:41 AM

Originally posted by eldeeder
Hey, I spawned conversation, that alone, works for me...

:lol:

#22 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:45 AM

Nah man that aint stupid at all and i thank you for the cd very very much( you only told me not to thank you for the print:nana: ) shit i wish i had a car or money to go to concerts at all i am sure you meet some interesting charcters at those concerts and shit :)

money is the big issue, concert tickets have gone up so damned much but its still worth it, perhaps i need to work on my priorities but i beg to differ

last november i got to meet blues traveler ( they would probably rank third on my all-time list even though every one and their grandmother was jamming to them for awhile, but even if it was trendy it was still good) after a show and john popper (lead singer) gave me a harmonica and bought me a shot, the whole band signed my shirt and it was incredible.

the only person i have met from fish was gordon, and i have yet to meet anyone from 311 but alas my day shall one day come, haha. yeah i know i'm a dork

#23 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:49 AM

Nah man you aint a dork, my cousin went to a HIM show and the cky band was there and he left the concert to get some air for a min. and then the bouncer wouldnt let him back in and he got let back into the show with jess margera(Bam Margera's little brother) and got to meet Phil and April and shit and i thought that was pretty cool :)

#24 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:20 AM

Nah man you aint a dork, my cousin went to a HIM show and the cky band was there and he left the concert to get some air for a min. and then the bouncer wouldnt let him back in and he got let back into the show with jess margera(Bam Margera's little brother) and got to meet Phil and April and shit and i thought that was pretty cool :)

wow thats awesome, not a cky fan myself but i did get to meet bam and his brother at a skate demo in philly a long time ago, this was back when bam was still really young (like 14) and wasn't anywhere near as crazy or attention starved as he is now, was actually pretty shy then

sorry I'm not trying to name drop here, the only cool or famous people i have ever met are musicians or skateboarders (used to be sponsored so i got to go to lots of demos and meet tons of them, last thing on this topic Tony Hawk is a straight asshole ahlf the time, yells at kids and everything)

ok now that i have ranted and raved it is about time for me to go to bed, gotta be up in 5 hours to get ready for the tom petty concert, hell yeah!

#25 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:23 AM

dont know about Tony but my cuz said Bam is a straight dick...that is cool that you were/are that good at skateboarding i dont see how the hell ppl do that shit :).....OH and hell yeah Tom Petty :)

#26 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:27 AM

Oh and sorry Eldeeder sorry i think we are done jacking your thread now :eusa_doh:

#27 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:33 AM

bam used to be a really nice guy but i guess fame can change that. yeah skateboarding was my thing and i still do it but with steel hardware in my ankle and just about 1 injury away from a knee replacement i am not nearly as good but its cool b/c it is just for me now, and in all of the years i have been skating i have never hurt myself bad if it was skating just for me but if it was doing something that a team amnager told me to do or trying to impress team then i would hurt myself pretty bad, ramblingagain butmy two most favorite injuries go as follows:
Broke thumb falling off of a handrail, lost a chunk of the bone through the skin, kept skating, fell again and broke the saddle joint below the previous break. went to hospital the next day the set it right, told me i had broken my thumb into 9 pieces and if i was lucky wouldn't need surgery on. two weeks later when i go to get the first cast cut of the Dr. almost killed me b/c i had been skating, fell, broke the thumb off of the cast, and fractured my thumb yet again.

2. was doing a railslide down a long 14 stair handrail when my wheel caught in the rail. it threw me onto the stairs and i dislocated my shoulder and elbow (really for elbow the proiper term would be luxated but let's not split hairs here), anyway as i rolle ddown the steps it popped my should back into place and the arm they couldn't do much with after setting it, so to this day my shoulder grinds if i raise it higher than 30 degrees and my elbow is just the tiniest bit normal

mind you i was like 12 and 14 when these happend so i healed super fast.

ok now we are done hi-jacking your thread

why do i get the feeling hip is going to yell at us for totally throiwng the conversation of track? haha

#28 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:54 AM

Originally posted by perrch01
why do i get the feeling hip is going to yell at us for totally throiwng the conversation of track? haha

I dont know but i sure hope not :lol:

#29 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:57 AM

ok to get this post back on track i dont have a favorite album to listen to but just various songs and artists
simon and garfunkel
the postal service
modest mouse
gratefull dead (www.gdradio.net) havent had a chance to listen to that site while tripping but i do like some dead while tripping
what a wonderfull world by Louis Armstrong is a good one too

Ok so i hope we are even eldeeder now i got your thread back on track :)

#30 myceliod

myceliod

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:17 AM

Lately I've been sucked into TOOL's 10,000 days, it's very addicting, and everytime I shroom on it I hear all sorts of disembodied voices intertwined withen the music, I luv it....

#31 cactus_muncher

cactus_muncher

Horticultural researcher

• Expired Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:20 AM

my favorit album to listen to while shroomin is undecided but my 2 favorite songs to shroom to are The Great Below by NIN and Planet Caravan by Pantera

#32 spyker

spyker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:05 AM

Psy-trance, progressive music, groovy house.
Hip-hop, rock and roll and all the funky jazz.
Lounge, soul, dub, reggae. Music that moves me like music should from inside to outside. I dont draw boundaries..I like to groove!

At the moment Aerospace-Earth, Natural Waves of Sound Vol 3 (both of which will blow your mind if you happen to partake in some funny fungi, turn up and feed your senses off the fidelity, soundscape and peaceful blissfull absolute groove! yihaaa) rambling..oops..haha, roots manuva and some portishead dub remixes are in the playlist.

Currently the track, First Hand by Krunch is taking me far while I type...not on anything tho hahah

#33 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:47 AM

I somehow always seem to be blasting The Allman Brothers' "Live at the Fillmore" (remastered and retitled as "The Fillmore Concerts") when I am frying--especially "You Don't Love Me," "Elizabeth Reed," and "Mountain Jam." Another one is "Sacred Fire: Live in South America," by Santana--which is my favorite Santana album ever. Lots of the Grateful Dead (I have about 1500 hours of bootlegs from 66-95) and any live Little Feat ("Waiting for Columbus" in particular). I am only 34, but my tastes veer toward the great '60-70s improvisational rock, folk, blues, boogie-woogie stuff. If I am coming down or need to mellow a bit, I reach for Tony Rice's "The Bluegrass Guitar Album"--Rice is one of the greatest acoustic players to ever pick up a dreadnought--or Steve Earle's "The Mountain" (with the Del McCoury Band)--or some early Fairport Convention.
I play guitar, too, so a lot of my favorite stuff is very guitar-oriented. Most current music doesn't appeal to me much, with a few exceptions--like Gov't Mule, The North Mississippi All-Stars, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, John Hiatt (who's old-school and getting some years on him), and Southern Culture on the Skids (think rockabilly, surf, and eating too much acid in a trailer park).

#34 Forager

Forager

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:03 AM

MLBjammer- you nailed it. Now I gotta go pull out my Live at the Fillmore LP. Might have to find this remastered version...

Whenever these threads about shrooms and music start up, Sphongle gets mentioned- gonna have to check that shit out too.

I recently saw Xavier Rudd perform. Dude rocks, and I'm sure would accompany a zooming time nicely...

#35 srgtm1a

srgtm1a

yeah, yeah, you know.

• Expired Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:15 AM

I like listening to all sorts of music while shrooming. I mostly like to listen to classic rock. I still like to listen to The Wall as well, since it was the album I listend to my first time tripping.

black sabbath
doors
floyd
jethro
CCR
Jefferson airplane
doobie brothers
Marshall tucker

etc etc

#36 ShadowBoom

ShadowBoom

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:06 AM

I absolutely love ambient or sounds of nature accompanied by classical music, usually in the meditation genre.

However, I have listened to the entire Dream Theater metropolis pt. 2 album on shrooms once. That was quite an experience.

Any other DT fans here?

#37 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:12 AM

Y'all are my kind of crowd. I bet there's a real diversity of musical tastes around here, though.

#38 poiuyt and me

poiuyt and me

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:41 PM

If you haven't ever checked 'em out, it's a very nice listen...try out "the softest voice" or "purple bottle", every song has its own little mood and whenever im on anything it makes the whole world seem like it was made as a movie for this pred-designed soundtrack

As for sound wise, think if we traveled back in time, gave a bunch of cavemen guitars and drums, then gave them shrooms and some x and just recorded everything they played.

you can hear the difference between the "night" songs and the "day" songs...

ANYONE here know what i am talking about with these guys? is it allowed for me to put up a little songy or two?

#39 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

i like something different everytime-----

or just the sound of nature---

or some wonderful silence to journey with :D

#40 guitargrrl

guitargrrl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

I love floyd anytime, tripping especially. Eldeeder- give the division bell a go with shrooms... very easy to get TOTALLY lost in the music. Other than Floyd, I usually have Phish, Grateful Dead, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Dream Theater somewhere in the mix.

Yes ShadowBoom, I am a huge DT fan! They have been in daily rotation since the very first time I heard Pull Me Under. If you haven't already, check out Liquid Tension Experiment too! Killer side project.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!