well I'll be darned... :dance:

:lol:

#123 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

Yes, Hippie, I appreciate this dicussion, and your input as well.

I have learned a valuable lesson - that I am dangerous, as you say.
But as I struggle to reveal the truth, I have hope and so I am only dangerous to that which hides it from us. Maybe I haven't uncovered the whole "dinosaur" yet, but I recognize it for what it is. I really do agree with almost everything you say except when you accuse me of believing in a god that would punish us in hell because we are disobedient. I admit that many Christians feel that way, and they can find support for it in the bible. But they are ignoring vast overall intention of religious founders and the message of their preferred religious text which is to develop as many loving, caring people as possible - not great jews, great catholics, great christians, or great muslims - but great people in general who are loving and forgiving and helpful.
Believe it or not I love and respect you and everyone Hippie.

And whatever struggles I must put up with to grow, whatever bashes may come to what pride I have left or losses I may suffer, are welcome removers of that which weighs me down as attempt to fly just as a butterfly will die if it does not struggle to squeeze from its cocoon because the fluids surrounding it during its transformation would not be removed from its wings and hindering its ability to fly.

But I know that many many Churches are becoming more accepting of all faiths and are reaching out across denomination and faith boundaries to commune with the greater spirit that is common amongst them all. They don't care if you believe Adam and Eve or Jesus, because they know it doesn't really matter. What matters is that they try to reach out to you so you can join the communion of spirits. Many churches, or members of churches at least, do judge and demand respect - in other words, conditional love - but I have seen a few that don't. I don't think that Church is for everyone. Some are not ready. Some Churches are boring, some ministers less than engaging and thought provoking. Some ministers are judgemental and most are admittedly week when it comes to anger over some percieved injustice in the world where they should be forgiving. I used to feel very uncomfortable in Church, because I felt like I was being judged. And I was, but I was judging myself and projecting what I don't like about myself onto others. Now I go for the communion of spirit to a church where my ideas are not only grasped, but the preacher's sermons go along perfectly with what I have recently come to understand and so far. I'm not getting more confused the farther I enquire now - the farther I get from my conclusion the more evidence I gather in support of it from science and history and from seeing the uniting factors of all religions as reflected in their sources and various translations of their texts the as well as my own individual experiences and growth.
I have also learned that the truth is very deep and complex and is hard to grasp by many (not for lack of intelligence, but lack of perspective), despite it apparent simplicity to me and the fact that there seem to be many who, though they interpret it with different words, fail to see that like a rose by any other name, it is still the same.

#124 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:27 AM

as a musician, writer, professional photographer, graphic artist, and a cultivator, I know that to gain the perfection we seek in a work of art must be transformed into being by separating away that which is not needed for it to become its greater self. Photography is art when it is creatively to capture an image by choosing boundaries, that is, separating it from its context and allows us a emormous ability to share the beauty of the earth in very personal ways that we all connect to. Sculpture and woodcarving are examples to seeing in a block of material all that is not what you want it to be. In other words you cut away all that is not the canoe and the tree is transformed into a canoe.
What is not there is just as important as what is. If it weren't for the hollowness of the canoe, it would be a log you can sit on, but not a great watercraft.
I agree that to see worship myself, as god, would be prideful, but we are to love and praise God the father in celebration and helpfulness as he loves, helps, and celebrates us. We are the raw material from which he is creating a perfect companion, his perfect living work of art that includes us, and there is no room for pride in this world that God has in mind for us to inhabit. This is a living work of art that is everchanging but one in which all is balanced by everyones will to share the work and tend the garden.
The verse from the bible that I have as my sig, is the common link to all religions - it is echoed in languages throughout time across the globe, do unto other as you would have them do to you. See them as you see yourself. When people pray "in the name of Jesus" they are implying that they are using their proper name to address God. As his son. We are his son. I think that we are all perfect so there is no need to be defensive. How can you argue when I say that you are perfect and that I agree with everything you say? Unless you tell me there is no hope for a perfect world, there is no continuation of our awareness after this life. But to say that there is no God above us, even if it is just a higher mind than the higher mind you think of as god goes against what I understand now, but is irrelevant. I'm not trying to convert anyone here, I'll say it again. I'm not trying to start a new religion. We need less religions, but what we need is for all religions to practice love and peacefully unite to raise up the rest of the world through patience, understanding, acceptance, nurturing, shedding away of pride and guild so that the inner being may shine through all. But it's not likely to happen, I admit. It is likely that the misguided leaders of the world under pressure from the masses who fail to understand and respect others who are different, which is a relic of our evolution from our instinctive drive to form small groups or tribes. We started as animals with territorial instincts, an unwillingness to share food and to keep out other males from procreating with our females. And that is still a very prominant feature in most cultures and society. We were keep out what wasn't needed at the time, which was proper for evolution, but we must evolve past that now to a greater unity consciousness that doesn't have the pride of his own image but love of that which he creates.

#125 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:21 PM

there is no room for pride in this world that God has in mind for us to inhabit.

why not ?
is pride always bad, even evil ?
i doubt that...

#126 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:51 PM

The ability to feel pride is a gift, just like self doubt and the capacity for selfless love.

Just like hate, despite and unquestioning fealty to a cause are gifts.

Just like violent torment and orgasmic ecstasy are gifts.

Where is it written in undeniable fire that one of these gifts is automatically more valuable/right than the others?

Does it not denigrate the God that gave us these gifts to call one "good" and one "bad?"

#127 ExtraKryspi

ExtraKryspi

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

Consciousness does wrong to look for God outside of itself. Everything is consciousness's creation, including God. Consciousness does wrong to place God - or anything - outside of itself; to do so unknowingly negates God's existence. As everything is the creation of consciousness, nothing is not a creation of consciousness: what consciousness has not made, is nothing. When one [self-consciousness] places God outside himself, he denies himself the possibility of ever coming to know himself in his totality. He can therefore never know the truth of his self-consciousness, and his world falls apart at the merciless hand of Fate.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!