• wildedibles likes this

#2 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

There is no easy answer to your question, man.
For me, it took multiple trips to the drunk tank and hospital, a few really solid beatings, losing friends and having my family start distancing themselves from me.
I certainly hope you don't have to go through all that shit before you quit.
In short... to stop drinking... YOU have to want to.
You can't quit for someone else and you can't quit if you don't want to with all your heart IMHO.
That being said I wish you luck... It is definitely hard and having a solid support group really does wonders.
I don't know what kind of support you have but you can always find some here my friend... The people here are wonderfull and you can always feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk or vent or just need someone to be a bit of an ass to you and remind you why you're trying to quit lol

Best wishes,
-Ethno
  • toadshroom, wildedibles and DarthKabute like this

#3 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

There is no easy answer to your question, man.
For me, it took multiple trips to the drunk tank and hospital, a few really solid beatings, losing friends and having my family start distancing themselves from me.
I certainly hope you don't have to go through all that shit before you quit.
In short... to stop drinking... YOU have to want to.
You can't quit for someone else and you can't quit if you don't want to with all your heart IMHO.
That being said I wish you luck... It is definitely hard and having a solid support group really does wonders.
I don't know what kind of support you have but you can always find some here my friend... The people here are wonderfull and you can always feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk or vent or just need someone to be a bit of an ass to you and remind you why you're trying to quit lol

Best wishes,
-Ethno

haha god damn man i like you more and more with every response you give me. i definitely appreciate all the advice and i now consider you a good topia friend:bow:i will shoot you a pm when having trouble, and feel free to do the same to me. believe me ive been through some shit so maby i can help help you the same way you have helped me me

Your friend in cyber space, reb

#4 fishy1

fishy1

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Well at first, tell yourself " just dont drink NOW."
and repeat every 2 or 3 seconds for the rest of your life. :)

I'd Recommend getting yourself an AA Big Book. Read a little. If you are a real drinker, you wont be able to put it down.
Then, if you think the book is talking about you, follow the simple steps in it. You can then live an incredible life on a whole new level that you never thought would be possible.

And I think some entheogens can help you see things about yourself that need to be revealed if you want to quit. Its not for everyone. Dont replace booze with another substance. But one good dose of DMT can be an eye opener. :)

Thats my take.

Best wishes brother.
  • wildedibles likes this

#5 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Well at first, tell yourself " just dont drink NOW."
and repeat every 2 or 3 seconds for the rest of your life. :)

I'd Recommend getting yourself an AA Big Book. Read a little. If you are a real drinker, you wont be able to put it down.
Then, if you think the book is talking about you, follow the simple steps in it. You can then live an incredible life on a whole new level that you never thought would be possible.

Thats my take.

Best wishes brother.

thanks man it's not like I'm addicted to it I just need something to relax after a long day at work and I can't smoke weed anymore so alcohol just sort of filled the gap =/

#6 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Just putting it out there...
If you or anyone reading this would like an AA Big Book.. I have one I will give you just pm me and I can send it out.

#7 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

remove yourself from alcohol. unless alcohol is drinking you, it's possible.

i feel the same way intermittently. i'm not comparing myself to you, i don't know quite how harsh your issue is. i have this perpetual thing with trying to control consumption.

is it that you drink too often or when you drink, it's too much?
  • wildedibles likes this

#8 toadshroom

toadshroom

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

The first week is the hardest, but take it day by day.
I quit for a while, but i'm back on it, yet, i'm ok with that.
My drinking problems arise mostly when I'm bored at home and want to get out.

I live in a town of a little under 6,000 people with 13 bars. LOL.
My hometown was 10,000 and had 3 bars.

Try to find what triggers your urge to drink, and if possible, remove or limit that stimuli in your life.
When I quit, the first week was the worst (and of those 7 days, the first 3 were the worst), I was physically and emotionally sick, but after about a week things started getting better.
After two weeks I had more energy and started picking up hobbies
I got back to playing guitar and tried my hand at a little bit of painting (which I quickly learned I suck, unless it's painting dancing dead bears on everything :) )
After a month I had lost weight and looked so much healthier.
In 2 months I was getting hit on all the time by the girls :)

I had to keep telling myself... "I'm not going to drink TODAY"
Do that, and repeat, but don't beat yourself up if you slip.
It took me a good week or two to completely stop.

Wishing you the best! :)
  • wildedibles likes this

#9 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

remove yourself from alcohol. unless alcohol is drinking you, it's possible.

i feel the same way intermittently. i'm not comparing myself to you, i don't know quite how harsh your issue is. i have this perpetual thing with trying to control consumption.

is it that you drink too often or when you drink, it's too much?

just too often. i dont get like blackout drunk but i just drink till im relaxed

#10 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

The first week is the hardest, but take it day by day.
I quit for a while, but i'm back on it, yet, i'm ok with that.
My drinking problems arise mostly when I'm bored at home and want to get out.

I live in a town of a little under 6,000 people with 13 bars. LOL.
My hometown was 10,000 and had 3 bars.

Try to find what triggers your urge to drink, and if possible, remove or limit that stimuli in your life.
When I quit, the first week was the worst (and of those 7 days, the first 3 were the worst), I was physically and emotionally sick, but after about a week things started getting better.
After two weeks I had more energy and started picking up hobbies
I got back to playing guitar and tried my hand at a little bit of painting (which I quickly learned I suck, unless it's painting dancing dead bears on everything :) )
After a month I had lost weight and looked so much healthier.
In 2 months I was getting hit on all the time by the girls :)

I had to keep telling myself... "I'm not going to drink TODAY"
Do that, and repeat, but don't beat yourself up if you slip.
It took me a good week or two to completely stop.

Wishing you the best! :)

thanks man! ya its just i feel bad for my liver and i want to give that little guy a break

#11 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

just too often. i dont get like blackout drunk but i just drink till im relaxed

i find that if most nights, there isn't beer in the fridge, i have control. maybe you can try it in steps. one week try to drink only 4 nights a week, and taper yourself off. it's something i suffer from. it's a real vice for plenty of folks on this planet.

i've found happiness in at least trying to control the consumption. i think there's a lot to be said about telling yourself no. it's not easy and for some people it's near impossible, but in that way i almost feel like i earn myself a beer when it's proper, ya know? i've been trying to limit it to 2-3 nights a week and no more than 2 beers if it's a week night. i also have a pretty observative girlfriend which can tend to bring the best out in some people. what's the driving force behind your realization? not that there totally needs to be one.

#12 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

i find that if most nights, there isn't beer in the fridge, i have control. maybe you can try it in steps. one week try to drink only 4 nights a week, and taper yourself off. it's something i suffer from. it's a real vice for plenty of folks on this planet.

i've found happiness in at least trying to control the consumption. i think there's a lot to be said about telling yourself no. it's not easy and for some people it's near impossible, but in that way i almost feel like i earn myself a beer when it's proper, ya know? i've been trying to limit it to 2-3 nights a week and no more than 2 beers if it's a week night. i also have a pretty observative girlfriend which can tend to bring the best out in some people. what's the driving force behind your realization? not that there totally needs to be one.

that i drink like everynight and my grandparents died of cirosis so i just sorta wana stay alive haha and on the weekends i sometimes like drink 13 beers and wake up on the floor somewhere with everyone gone lol

#13 ALHpancyan

ALHpancyan

Prying open my 3rd eye

• Expired Member
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...nt-my-life.html

Just saw this thread and its pretty interesting, I may buy the book when it comes out.
  • ashwath likes this

#14 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

https://mycotopia.ne...nt-my-life.html

Just saw this thread and its pretty interesting, I may buy the book when it comes out.

I looked at that too man. Think I'm going to get it too

#15 ifyoucouldsee

ifyoucouldsee

I'm a igloo

• Free Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Go broke.
They call it the silver cure.
Worked for me.

#16 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Oh man, that's a tough one. How to stop drinking or at least drinking to excess. Well, what worked for me was a total change of scenery. I still drink socially but I don't drink until I am fucked up beyond recognition like I used to. My heavy drinking days were during times of extreme boredom. When it seemed like I was in a situation where there just wasn't anything else to do to pass the time. Once I got in a different situation my thoughts rarely turned to alcohol because I was preoccupied with something else. I'm not saying I still didn't like to get high, I just didn't like to get fucked up.
  • wildedibles and FoCuSeD like this

#17 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,998 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Drinking is something I have control issues with
I drink to get away from it all
I use to drink till drunk and beyond when I was young
then I quit for a little bit a few years but still those hard times
I got drunk only 1 time a year those years I quit
but falling off hurt 10 times worse
until I realized if you do fall off its not the end of the world
u can stop again and again till you get where you want to be
if you forgive yourself it is easier to quit again

Now I realize there is something to alcohol I cannot really live without
there is some health benefits if you can control your drinking
I don't think one a day
but once in a while
I have been going threw issues at the moment
some days I am totally free of alcohol
some days I need a little sip
but there is a difference
I do not have 2-3 none of that
I don't really have one

I think there is nutrition in properly prepared alcohol
fermented foods are full of nutrition
I think B vitamins have a lot to do with this
and when we are low on b vitamins we are depressed and stressed and want to chill out
so we reach for the Alcohol
but I think we cook the b vitamins out or something our new processes
filtering etc...

maybe pick up some b vitamins

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/B_vitamins

#18 MeriwetherLewis

MeriwetherLewis

Explorer & Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Is it ever a theme in your trips? Have you discussed it with the mushroom? :)

#19 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

that i drink like everynight and my grandparents died of cirosis so i just sorta wana stay alive haha and on the weekends i sometimes like drink 13 beers and wake up on the floor somewhere with everyone gone lol

i've felt that way for what seems like thousands of times. there's a lot of shame in those mornings for me. THAT'S the kind of shit that rings my awareness bell. the 5-6 beers at home is one thing, but it's much more subtle than being inebriated. i do the same thing. over the course of a night a while back i had around 15 beers & a shot of something. it's embarrassing imo.

it runs in my family so i keep my eye on it. i think my concepts really run contrary to what a seriously ill person would find in AA, etc. So I hope not to offend anyone. One thought that lingers in the back of my mind from time to time is, "is alcohol an all or nothing drug?". So far, I guess I've given myself a reason to love alcohol.

i agree with meriwether, maybe you need to confront this in a more dimensional state :)

#20 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Is it ever a theme in your trips? Have you discussed it with the mushroom? :)

It does make me feel bad when I discuss it with the mushroom. They sometimes give me a hard time about it

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!