• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 MeriwetherLewis

MeriwetherLewis

Explorer & Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Maybe you could benefit from something stronger? Perhaps a jungle juice brew with the red Caapi

#22 Cori

Cori

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

I had a problem with drinking my entire life.

From a kid my dad drank all the time and grew up thinking that dirnking was cool. When I was 16 I got into some trouble for drinking a few times and ended up losing my license for a few months because of that. Then when I was 18 I got my first DUI, got another then I was 20, then another when I was 22. My second DUI was a bad wreck where a buddy of mine was hurt really bad and I ended up with nearly 200,000$ worth of restitution for his bills. We are still best friends, but that didn't even make me stop drinking. When I got my 3rd DUI I was driving on revoked for my 2nd DUI, and also violated my probation for my 2nd DUI. I ended up having to do 420 days in PRISON. After getting out of prison, I STILL didn't learn and was working at a bar within a few weeks of being out. I went a year without any trouble to get off parole, then within a few months I got arrested again for being a drunk jackass, and then a year later again. Every problem I've eve had legally has been from alcohol consumption. I havent had my license in 10 years and still have 7 years o go to get them back. I started going to a good AA group and that helped, but recently found out my GF is pregnant and thought for a long time that night and decided that I was going to stop. After all the shit that I went through when I was a kid I always promised myself I wouldnt treat my kids the same and wouldnt drink around them. So now I'm going to AA every week and an opiate class every week as well. On the 2nd I celebrated 3 months of sobriety. Once you decide enough is enough and you finally tell your friends that your done and that nothing they say will get you to drink, after a month or so they stop asking you to drink (minus a few dedicated ones who you can just shrug off) and you really lose the desire to drink at all. Just get yourself into AA and find a group of people you enjoy going to meetings with. Once you do, you'll get things going on the right track. Bottom line though is this. If you don't REALLY want to quit drinking, then you wont. You have to work at it and try very hard at first. Once that first month or so is over, it's easy peasy.

Hope you get what you want and what helps you in life!

-Cori

#23 fishy1

fishy1

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Maybe you could benefit from something stronger? Perhaps a jungle juice brew with the red Caapi

Thats what I was thinking...

or 1 huge rip of dimitri

#24 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,998 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

MeriwetherLewis
Is it ever a theme in your trips? Have you discussed it with the mushroom? :)
Rebelutionsssss

It does make me feel bad when I discuss it with the mushroom. They sometimes give me a hard time about it

I read this this morning and well pushed it out of my head even tho I knew there was something I needed to listen to that too :)

Later I realized a few things that are hard to understand :)
some mushroom trips are tough on me the no control thing gets to me even with pot when I first smoked the loss of control really bugged me out
but Alcohol the numb from life is different usually you get to hide from your problems for one more night
with mushrooms DMT etc... they put it in front of you to deal with you are forced to see somethings that you are meant to heal from if you are strong enough

#25 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,034 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

By watching the vast majority of people drink like fish, we fool ourselves into thinking it must be ok. And its legal too; must be okay right? The doctored science that says its sorta good for us doesnt help either. Cigarettes were good for us too back in the day, and so is coffee right? Beer, even red wine, right?? Well, its not. At least NOT in excess, and not regularly. Just like if you wear an ankle brace too much, the muscles will atrophy away to nothing and you'll soon NEED it, excess anything makes us weaker, and more vulnerable to injury.

Its the excess that fucks up our adaptation system, which is normally outstanding for helping us adapt to changes in our environment. Thats why the proverb about everything in moderation (except moderation); because the excess cigarettes or drinking is something that we just cant quite recover from. We've all seen the images of smokers' lungs or cancerous throats or diseased livers in cadavers or videos or whatever, and its due to the excess overcoming our adaptation system.

Excess is generally bad for you. And excess is often referred to by professionals if you are partaking daily. Daily means you are depending on it, in their eyes, so my advice is to first beat that daily need part. Attack it like its your mortal enemy. Once you dont need it daily, you are halfway home. You have to first realize that its hurting you, decide you dont want to hurt yourself anymore, and at that point I ordered some Ibogaine, but there are other avenues for support of course.

For me, Iboga helped me get whatever it was seeking more of itself, deep in my cells, OUT. I think it gets deep into our cells and then somehow seeks more of itself, like bad food does. If you can get clean for 7 days, much of the physical addiction is gone...and it should get easier. But you need to outsmart the part of yourself thats gonna want more later, by dissing those friends and by NOT making it easy to have a drink. Dont have any around at all for as long as you can.

One day, it'll be much easier and your liver will carry you the distance. Otherwise, your body's filter cant protect you from the onslaught of poisons and toxins in all our food we consume everyday. Your defenses are down and you will eventually be hurt beyond what can be reversed. I wish you the best of luck. You sound like you've had enough. Maybe like me, you've had your lifetime supply of alcohol. You have to move on to something else now.

Im only 5 months clean from drinking but Im not even close to my 57 week goal. In 57 weeks the liver is totally regenerated and for some reason it sounds so good to regenerate my poor overworked liver at least once in my life while I still can. Im betting that a nice long break matters a lot! I already dont crave it all like before, but still know its a powerful beast that deserves respect, if Im ever gonna escape its grip. Strength is measured by restraint. Good Luck!

Edited by riseabovethought, 12 December 2012 - 11:13 AM.

• wildedibles and nomadicAI like this

#26 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

By watching the vast majority of people drink like fish, we fool ourselves into thinking it must be ok. And its legal too; must be okay right? The doctored science that says its sorta good for us doesnt help either. Cigarettes were good for us too back in the day, and so is coffee right? Beer, even red wine, right?? Well, its not. At least NOT in excess, and not regularly. Just like if you wear an ankle brace too much, the muscles will atrophy away to nothing and you'll soon NEED it, excess anything makes us weaker, and more vulnerable to injury.

Its the excess that fucks up our adaptation system, which is normally outstanding for helping us adapt to changes in our environment. Thats why the proverb about everything in moderation (except moderation); because the excess cigarettes or drinking is something that we just cant quite recover from. We've all seen the images of smokers' lungs or cancerous throats or diseased livers in cadavers or videos or whatever, and its due to the excess overcoming our adaptation system.

Excess is generally bad for you. And excess is often referred to by professionals if you are partaking daily. Daily means you are depending on it, in their eyes, so my advice is to first beat that daily need part. Attack it like its your mortal enemy. Once you dont need it daily, you are halfway home. You have to first realize that its hurting you, decide you dont want to hurt yourself anymore, and at that point I ordered some Ibogaine, but there are other avenues for support of course.

For me, Iboga helped me get whatever it was seeking more of itself, deep in my cells, OUT. I think it gets deep into our cells and then somehow seeks more of itself, like bad food does. If you can get clean for 7 days, much of the physical addiction is gone...and it should get easier. But you need to outsmart the part of yourself thats gonna want more later, by dissing those friends and by NOT making it easy to have a drink. Dont have any around at all for as long as you can.

One day, it'll be much easier and your liver will carry you the distance. Otherwise, your body's filter cant protect you from the onslaught of poisons and toxins in all our food we consume everyday. Your defenses are down and you will eventually be hurt beyond what can be reversed. I wish you the best of luck. You sound like you've had enough. Maybe like me, you've had your lifetime supply of alcohol. You have to move on to something else now.

Im only 5 months clean from drinking but Im not even close to my 57 week goal. In 57 weeks the liver is totally regenerated and for some reason it sounds so good to regenerate my poor overworked liver at least once in my life while I still can. Im betting that a nice long break matters a lot! I already dont crave it all like before, but still know its a powerful beast that deserves respect, if Im ever gonna escape its grip. Strength is measured by restraint. Good Luck!

I was clean for 4 days but bought a box of wine again(that's what I drink cause it's only 10 bucks for 5 lliters) but anyways I'm still working on it! I do drink about one box every 3 or 4 days but I'm trying again this week so wish me luck everyone

#27 aliendreamtime

aliendreamtime

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Congratulations Reb,

Two things

Try to cultivate a sense of self-discipline. Self discipline is the most valuable virtue you could ever master. Just keep it in your awareness from day to day. Think about all of the magnificent things that are done through self discipline.

I would enlist ayahuasca with this, whether it be b. caapii + mushrooms or regular. But most importantly, ask the vine to help you. Introduce yourself to it. Learn its history. Form a relationship with it, then ask for its help. And pay attention to your diet and restrictions. While mushrooms are divine, mysterious, and gorgeous, ayahuasca is all of these, but simply a MEDICINE. I have approached it multiple times in this manner and it has truly helped me change things I thought were impossible to change. But the technique is the most important part. You need to gain it as an ally for it to be beneficial.

I'm 3 weeks into quitting smoking cigarettes. I know how you feel...take it as a personal challenge. I keep asking myself 'Are you really that weak?'

Edited by aliendreamtime, 16 December 2012 - 02:59 AM.

• wildedibles likes this

#28 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Congratulations Reb,

Two things

Try to cultivate a sense of self-discipline. Self discipline is the most valuable virtue you could ever master. Just keep it in your awareness from day to day. Think about all of the magnificent things that are done through self discipline.

I would enlist ayahuasca with this, whether it be b. caapii + mushrooms or regular. But most importantly, ask the vine to help you. Introduce yourself to it. Learn its history. Form a relationship with it, then ask for its help. And pay attention to your diet and restrictions. While mushrooms are divine, mysterious, and gorgeous, ayahuasca is all of these, but simply a MEDICINE. I have approached it multiple times in this manner and it has truly helped me change things I thought were impossible to change. But the technique is the most important part. You need to gain it as an ally for it to be beneficial.

I'm 3 weeks into quitting smoking cigarettes. I know how you feel...take it as a personal challenge. I keep asking myself 'Are you really that weak?'

Good job man!! I quit cigarettes not too long ago. Only smoked for about 4 years but I feel a ton better! Alcohol is my next demon to tackle but I know I can do it with enough practice!

#29 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

I stopped drinking regularly after my appendix burst. I was going to work for 9 days with it ruptured.just thought I had a bad flu. My wife made me go to the hospit on my day off. I still drink a little,but rarely. I just lost interest. I don't smoke herb. I relax by playing videos games with the kids, or going on mycotopia. And sometimes, on special occasions, I lurk the shroomery and see if any one actually answers a question instead of arguing and fighting(lol,Jk) but I just lost interest. I found in my personal situation, is that I could not do the whole aa routine. I can't say to myself that I don't have the power over alcohol. I don't believe(no offense to any aa members) alcoholism is a disease. It's a behavior. I was told by a doctor that I was an alcoholic because of how much I drank. I told him that I wasn't an alcoholic and to fuck off, I won't drink that much anymore. And I havent. I drink and average of 2-3 beers a month,mainly cause the taste.Fuck alcohol. It's an inanimate object. Tell it to fuck off. Don't let it control your actions.self control my friend. Is a beautiful thing. Say fuck you alcohol,it's not the right time and place to drink you.

The above statements are solely of ronald ray gun,and in no way,necessarily are the views or opinions of this website,mycotopia,its staff,or it's acociates. Have a good night friend. Thanks for listening.
  • wildedibles likes this

#30 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Make wine sometime it is fun! The best book on making folk wines I ever read was Jorgendof's book, "Folk Wines Cordials and Brandies". Great recipies, and a story goes with each one. The book is fun reading even if you don't ever make any wine. My mother was particularly fond of a nice spiced Mead that I made, almost like a strong Port.

It is pretty easy, make sugar water, add fleichmans yeast and in a couple weeks you have wine. Not much to it really, basically yeast eats sugar and pisses alcohol. Use other stuff to flaver it, but any way you slice it, what you have is yeast piss. Brandy, just distilled yeast piss. I got tired of feeling like yeast piss all the time so I don't drink much anymore. It took awhile for it to all clear out of my system. Is pickling in yeast piss really your goal in life? Anyway, if you like alcohol, your library probablly has this great book.

http://www.amazon.co...ls and brandies

#31 toadshroom

toadshroom

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

thanks man! ya its just i feel bad for my liver and i want to give that little guy a break

Try taking Milk Thistle.
You can get it cheaply at any major all-purpose fuck you over store in the supplement isle.
It really works

A close friend of mine drinks like a fish and has epilepsy, so he has to have regular blood work done.
When he takes Milk Thistle, his blood liver lipids are normal, when not, they're through the roof bad.

#32 toadshroom

toadshroom

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

MeriwetherLewis
Is it ever a theme in your trips? Have you discussed it with the mushroom? :)
Rebelutionsssss

It does make me feel bad when I discuss it with the mushroom. They sometimes give me a hard time about it

I read this this morning and well pushed it out of my head even tho I knew there was something I needed to listen to that too :)

Later I realized a few things that are hard to understand :)
some mushroom trips are tough on me the no control thing gets to me even with pot when I first smoked the loss of control really bugged me out
but Alcohol the numb from life is different usually you get to hide from your problems for one more night
with mushrooms DMT etc... they put it in front of you to deal with you are forced to see somethings that you are meant to heal from if you are strong enough

They are teachers that should be listened to.
I know what you're talking about brother
  • wildedibles likes this

#33 aliendreamtime

aliendreamtime

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Thanks! Smoked for 8 years...I've never felt better.

#34 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I stopped drinking regularly after my appendix burst. I was going to work for 9 days with it ruptured.just thought I had a bad flu. My wife made me go to the hospit on my day off. I still drink a little,but rarely. I just lost interest. I don't smoke herb. I relax by playing videos games with the kids, or going on mycotopia. And sometimes, on special occasions, I lurk the shroomery and see if any one actually answers a question instead of arguing and fighting(lol,Jk) but I just lost interest. I found in my personal situation, is that I could not do the whole aa routine. I can't say to myself that I don't have the power over alcohol. I don't believe(no offense to any aa members) alcoholism is a disease. It's a behavior. I was told by a doctor that I was an alcoholic because of how much I drank. I told him that I wasn't an alcoholic and to fuck off, I won't drink that much anymore. And I havent. I drink and average of 2-3 beers a month,mainly cause the taste.Fuck alcohol. It's an inanimate object. Tell it to fuck off. Don't let it control your actions.self control my friend. Is a beautiful thing. Say fuck you alcohol,it's not the right time and place to drink you.

The above statements are solely of ronald ray gun,and in no way,necessarily are the views or opinions of this website,mycotopia,its staff,or it's acociates. Have a good night friend. Thanks for listening.

you are crazy for going to work with that shit. and how dare you get one more green thing above your name than me! give it back!
  • ethnobotanist420 and wildedibles like this

#35 stoffel

stoffel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

alcohol addiction, or addiction in general is verry bad. allthough i dont get the urge to say i am never going to drink anymore because "you see wat can happen?" like other people say. most of the time they ease it down when talked about alcohol addiction, but peopple use it with other substances as an argument not to do it. like pot; "you see what can happen, you're going mad... ", the same with sigarets. "you are going to be addicted" while i only smoke with a friend who smokes, once a week or once in two weeks. never ever feld an urge. in fact it isnt so good when sober...

i know peopple who wil misuse anything they do, if one thing must stop because theire are problems they seek just another tool to mis-use.
moderation is an important thing as earlyer said by someone in this thread.
i dont know how it feels like to be addicted to alcohol, so i dont understand one thing.
why want every drinker to stop completely?
why not drink in moderation and learn to do it only on apropriate times?
if peopple have moderation from the begin, they may be as wel drinking their entire lifes without any problem.
it seems it is impossible to return to that stage once you have been gone to far. or am i wrong?

i have a light kratom addiction, and i'm not at the point i want to quit, it is just to good... even when i get sick symtoms after one day without.
but i think, when i do wean off, i still wil use it once and a while just like in the first years.
  • wildedibles likes this

#36 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,998 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

I have held Alcoholics hands after they fell off the wagon

I have also been there protecting their family on multiple occasions

I also tell them fermented foods is the only way sometimes they can get nutrients special B vitamins

but when we crave these nutrients we reach out to booze and todays bozze has no nutritional value

someone told me that the most nutrient part is found in the mother part of Apple cider vinagar this is a mushroom type thing that is loaded with b vitamins ;)

we filter this good ness out and use the clear stuff which is mostly alcohol ;) some things to think about :)

#37 squizzlix

squizzlix

Atlantean Twins

• Expired Member
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

i found it easy to stop drinking after getting put on felony probation,
if i test positive for drugs or alcohol in a random piss test...i go to an alabama prison for 10 years.

(though i do not suggest this method to even my worst enemies)
  • wildedibles likes this

#38 Sickmanlives

Sickmanlives

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Holistic medicine, nature finding something meaningful to do. Play Zelda: link to the past without looking up what to do. Donate your time to the elderly, become a big brother big sister to somebody in need, help out at the food pantry...endless ways. Good luck it's not easy, but you can.

#39 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Every morning I ask for help and strength to stay clean and sober. At night I give thanks for that help and strength. It's really helped me get through these first weeks.

Also I'm working a lot lately... no idle hands.

I have the support of my wonderful wife; it's easier to stay strong when it's not just for my own sake. Who do you love that would benefit from your abstaining?

I hear that when one is clean and sober, trips become more clear and STRONG. Haven't tested this one yet but it's coming...

Sure is nice having money in my pocket. Bills are caught up...
  • wildedibles likes this

#40 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,644 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

I strung over 9 years soberty then went active again. Personally after couple drinks I will trade houses, cars and savings accounts for more. I will try to cope with the drinking with coke and meth them normally I will want to kill myself before I swallow my pride and quit. It sucks I have learned I cant grow anything without eventually going right back out. Funny thing about me is my binge will start a few months after going back to growing mushrooms. I think the stress of growing and having lab gets to me. Then I drink. After drinking for few weeks maybe months. I brake out the glass pipe and speed. AA always helps me get back on the wagon again. works for me.
  • wildedibles likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!