#23 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:40 AM

LMAO! You look like a scuba diving fencer. :lol:

Thats about the extent of it :P

That was a rather hot suit, you don't radiate heat through 8mm-16mm of neoprene, and you don't radiate much through a fencing mask, either....

But it worked!
I was rather worried about it when the nest went tumbling down and i had to grab it, with wasps pouring out, and stuff it in the sack...

Now in the next couple days i need to do a mop up operation on the bit of nest that stayed behind, just to be sure they can't pull a honey bee trick and make a new queen from scratch.

Ugh.

#24 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

I've gotten such a kick out of this thread. pkov! Thanks for sharing.

I totally understand now why you waited until 11:00pm to go outside and fight the bees.
Fucking priceless! :lol:

#25 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:26 PM

Dude, you should hire that service out!
Start going door to door all geared up and ask people if they have a wasp problem.
:)

#26 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

Dude, you should hire that service out!
Start going door to door all geared up and ask people if they have a wasp problem.

:lol:

Or just ask for money...they'd proly pay ya just to go away!

#27 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

I don't wanna 'jack your thread...but anybody remember Larry, Daryl and Daryl from the Newhart series?

They had a business called "anything for a dollar." As in, "we'll do anything for a dollar."

That suit totally puts me in the mind of those guys!

#28 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:24 PM

Yeah the got it perfect with the fencing scuba diver :lol: ummmm have you guys ever cought a huge ass bee in a mason jar (thank you hobby :)) and froze that mother fucker for like 10 min untill it aint moving and then dump it outside and tie a string around it and when it wakes up you have a bee on a string?......good fun especially when you are stoned :) and has anyone seen the episode of Viva La Bam when they tell Rake Yahn that he is going to be knocking down a bees nest with no bees in it and then they tell him the bees are going to be edited in and that he cant wear his checker board shirt b/c it will fuck with the camera? When in reality it is just a big bees nest and that make him look like a fool and he gets stung a bunch of times that shit is funny as hell :lol: but yeah Pskov you are lucky you got away...ninja bees can be tricky :lol:

#29 1hotfungi

1hotfungi

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:20 PM

:special: I am SCARED of bees.Some rum,three hits of acid,and adolescent boredom has scarred me for life.Six years later I still scream like a little girl if a wasp even gets close to me.THERE WERE MILLIONS OF 'EM. I think.
Great story.Never thought of attacking them at night.Pr'y would've been a good tactic.Why is it the fat kid who always gets hurt?

#30 Spark

Spark

OG

• Free Member
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

haha that was too funny!!

#31 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:08 PM

You a diver, pskov?

#32 Jaeger

Jaeger

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:54 AM

Ha, I nominate for best thread of the month!

#33 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:24 PM

You a diver, pskov?

Yeah, i got my license a couple years ago, only done a few dives though as i'm having a hard time finding somebody local to dive with, and i'm not quite up to diving solo yet :P

It's an amazing world down there, i recommend it to anybody who doesn't panic, and isn't claustrophobic.

#34 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:26 PM

Diving alone is a real bad idea. I don't know of anyone who would recommend it.

#35 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:31 PM

Diving alone is a real bad idea. I don't know of anyone who would recommend it.

Exactly.

There is a certification for it, but you need 100 dives, a couple other certs, and you gotta be perfect to pass the tests.

Me, not so much, i'd rather not risk it.

#36 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:45 PM

man that is great...seriously it does sound like a hoot! get the blood going. still ya crazier than me!

peace
siam

#37 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:27 PM

Thats cool you guys dive. I got an advanced (naui) and nitrox (padi) cert. One of the best things Ive ever done with my life. I don't go nearly enough though.... Too bad we're not neighbors pskov! Id go with ya!

#38 scotia

scotia

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:35 PM

Gotta take my hat off to ya! I'm not scared of snakes, spiders etc cause you can move out the way but fucking bees and wasps freak me out. Sting + flight = fucked up. For example if a scorpion could fly...... :drk: :drk:

#39 BitterApple

BitterApple

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:05 AM

Great story. That halloween costume is epic. Another thing you can do (in the day time) is just put the hose end of a good strong wet/dry shop vac up to the hole. The wasps will come out to investigate (they also follow each other) and go right down the hose.

Then stuff paper towel in the hose end and give em a few days to die.

:kewl:

#40 WeedyResin

WeedyResin

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:16 AM

Pskov... I came out of solitude fer this one. Dude! What the fuck? Yer fuckin' cracking me up man! I love the suit by the way... very inventive! Me personally, I woulda got a big metal trash can, put like a bunch of m-80's in it with long fuses hanging over the top & side, put it underneath the hive, cut the limb with pruning shears, immediately place the lid on, light the fuses, stand back, & enjoy! Viola! Word brotha! You made my day dude:lol:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!