• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 skullfarmer

skullfarmer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

this is some funny shit and its turned my day around completely!! im glad i logged on to the topia and found this!

i grew up in the country and when anyone of my friends would found a paper hornets nest like yours we'd get 12 gauge shotguns with buckshot,stand back a good enough distance to run like hell and not get stung and on the count of 3 we'd blow that bitch to hell.looked like we sent it thru a paper shredder! then we'd then run like holy fuckin hell!

your thread reminded me of the good ol' days. ;-)

#42 synth

synth

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:29 PM

i did something like that once.
i didn't have a cool outfit though =[

did it at night. good thing they sleep,
right? LOL
went up to it, squirted it with some
lighter fluid from a few feet away,
they didn't stir. went up to it with
a can of wd-40 in one hand and a
propane torch in the other hand.
sprayed the wd-40 from a foot away
for about 2 seconds and then
i ignited the spray with the torch.
flamethrowered it with the can for
like 10 seconds, pausing when the
flames drew too near to the can's
nozzle. i supplemented it wiht more
lighter fluid from time to time.

only took 10 minutes or so.

those bastards never had a chance.

#43 anticheffy

anticheffy

Nice to be back in the air !

• OG VIP
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

i had an underground nest in my backyard

one day two of the little sumbiches stung me

war was declared

an 8 oz bottle of malethion concentrate dumped in the hole did the trick

once the hive realized it was going to die, the adults returning from afar, would stand at the hole and fidgit knowing if they went in they would die but after a minute they would go in to rescue the larve

they would come out with a larve in their grasp and fly off

sad thing was they only got half way across the yard with their baby before they dropped out of the sky dead too

they were a dangerous neusance that I am very glad are gone

havent had a nest in the yard for 5 years since.

sexy wasphuntin gear there dood ! damn sexy

#44 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

I'm headed back up there later today, if dad hasn't taken care of the rest of the nest it'll be time for round two, prolly the same plan as the first roughly speaking, but better executed...

Then again, i might take a can of starting fluid (woot 50% ether) and burn the ever living hell out of it.
That'd be fun :P

#45 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

Torch it torch it torch it
:flamer:

:lol:

Beeeee safe Pskov.!!!!!!!

#46 Jaeger

Jaeger

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:00 PM

Fire is the best :)
I have been known to nail Crici-pedes (crickets with a millon legs) with a flaming stream of 90+ % Rubbing Alch from a spray bottle :)
Leaves no residue on the walls, and the bastards don't get a chance to run.

#47 night_ryder

night_ryder

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

petrol in a water gun(a big one). pump it up, light the end and shoot. of course you need to call for help afterwards because of the massive fire in the tree lol.
  • Hippie3 likes this

#48 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:49 PM

There was just this bugs show on one of the discovery channels this morning around 4 am. It was about bug attacks. Anyhoo, they had a story about how some florida guy parked his mower on top of an underground nest and was attacked and killed. The narrator said one hundred stings is all that it takes to kill the average person.... Thats not a lot if you think about it.

#49 hambone

hambone

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:02 PM

one of those got me and a friend once while tripping. fucking bastards. if you want a sure ingredient to a bad trip that's it.

#50 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

Sounds like it!

Where I grew up in the south those little bastards would get you from the ground. All it took was someone to step on the nest and they'd attack the hell out of everyone in sight. They didn't really hurt all that much but, they certainly would leave welps on you and would scare ya.

#51 Tea Merchant

Tea Merchant

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:39 AM

Hee hee hee

#52 vork21

vork21

Fan Man

• Free Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, that wasp freezing technique is fascinating. Most people who do it for a living don't charge for the service, as they get paid for the bees. You can too! Call around some hospital labs, as many of them purchase pounds upon pounds of bees for use in antivenom.

#53 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:18 AM

im deathly alergic to bee stings.
when i get stung the area gets a swollen beyond a size i would expect a bee sting would be capable of.

once when i was a kid i was at my grandmas house playing, there was a trolly that went by about 4 times a day, we decided it would be funny to run up and moon everyone on the trolly.
so we ran up to the closest convienent place and pulled out pants down.
i got stung in the ass twice and behind the ear three times and once above my right eyebrow.
the doctor said that if i had been stung in the throat or near the neck i may have came close to dieing.
but man, my face got so damn huge. my eyes were swollen shut for a week and a half.

i hate bee stings, but man i love fucking with em.
always have...

#54 GoVols

GoVols

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:29 PM

Here, east TN, the only thing that builds in the ground is yellow jackets. I find at least two nests per year mowing my parents yard because they have like 16 acers. A few years back when my childhood friend Shithead (Rotwiler) was still allive, I was mowing the yard. He always followed me around while I was on the mower.

Anyway, I got stung like 7 times in the back by those damn things so I decided to head home. I can run faster than the mower goes but I didnt want to leave it behind.

Shithead decided to stay behind and do battle. He would kill anything that wasnt a dog or human or over 200 pounds (cattle etc...). So he liked to bite at flying insects as they buzzed by his head. He probibly bit a dozen of them because when he finally gave up with his tail between his legs he came running home and his mouth was so swolen, it looked funny.

Well, the environmentalists may not like it but about a quart of gasoline will get rid of those things. It eats their wings off. And it looks really cool if you ignite it.

Wasps build on walls and shit here, they are easy to kill. There arent too many bees. But I also do battle every year with Hornets. Three shots from a 12 guage at about 50 yards still gives me time to get back to the house, and keeps their nests from getting too big.

#55 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:13 AM

Hehe.

Last summer I had a nest of these bastards in my fence. It's tubed old school fencing. So I sprayed the hell out of them in an opening with spray on car wax and then they left. So a couple of days later, they set up shop in a corner of porch on the ceiling. So then I sprayed the hell out of them with the water hose, knocking the nest down and then they were gone for good. So I thought! Then those bastards built a nest in my fern plant. I brought the plant in at night when it was cold and the damn bees were flying around in the house. I was wondering how the hell those bastards were getting in. Then one morning I put the fern out for some sun and while watering it I noticed a nest in the center of the plant . Then I realized those bastards had motivated from the fence, to the corner of the porch and from there right into my damn fern that was basking in the sun on the porch. All homes within a few feet of each other. They don't like to move too far away once their home has been invaded. lol.

#56 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:02 AM

i was talking with my grandfather today and he told me about a story he had read about bee's native to the america's.
we were talking about how the africanized bees arent taking over like people thought they would have, but whats happening is the bees are leaving.
for some reason scientists are trying to figure out, the bees dont like to stay.
which probably represents another problem, kinda like how deminishing polar bear populations are showing how ice caps are melting.
i tried to find something on the internet about it but quit shortly after.
it just reminded me of this thread...

but i dont really mind a few degrees warmer if it means the bees are gunna get outta here.
i love my honey but man i hate bees...

#57 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:08 AM

:lol:

#58 joey_megabucks

joey_megabucks

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

Psy, I just wanted to poke my head in this thread and say that you are a badass mofo. nice ninja suit. kill em all! haha

#59 Guest_DaGoon_*

Guest_DaGoon_*

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

this would be an awesome tek

#60 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:20 PM

:grin: this thread is awesome. i worked on a trail crew all summer with this bad ass boss. huge redneck, not sceerd of nuthin, bears, big cats, moose whatever. i was digging a pretty rough section of trail over and whacked an underground hornets nest. you shoulda seen my boss run screaming like a little girl... funniest thing ive ever seen. i didn't get stung neither. hey, what's the last thing a redneck says before he dies?

hey y'all, watch this!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!