#1 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_2300831.html

27 people dead, 18 of them elementary school children.

#2 wildturtle

wildturtle

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Violating what was once thought of as safe locations(movie theatre, mall, elementary schools...) are now very questionable and uncertain. All children and families will be in my thoughts and mediations :meditate:. This is just getting ridiculous. What troubled times we have experienced, what's next?

#3 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Dang!!! I lived in Sandy Hook. It is a very small rural town. The loss of 27 people will directly impact a substantial percentage of the familys.

#4 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

OMG.... this is horrible...

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,849 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Is the world coming to a boil?

Be a witness, not a judge. Keep breathing.

#6 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Is the world coming to a boil?

Be a witness, not a judge. Keep breathing.

Good advice Logs, I try to breath almost every day. It has good healthful effects on the body.

#7 squizzlix

squizzlix

Atlantean Twins

• Free Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

looks like its about time to get rid of guns.
or at least require the same process that goes into owning a car.
yearly license registration....written test, performance test, background / mental disorder tests......
and insurance for EACH and EVERY gun you own.
hell maybe even a chip that tells a data base when and where the gun has been fired????
its gotta get EXTREME folks....school shootings are BULLSHIT.
my prayers thoughts and meditations go out to those affected...

i know that this idea will receive a lot of "they can't take MY guns away" comments....
but realistically.....if the government announces martial law and comes for you....
is your pistol really gonna protect you from drone strikes??????
(answer is no)

#8 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Think cause we are alienated and atomized and desensatized and feel alone. Cause they made us into a bunch of servants to authority.

#9 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

yearly license registration....written test, performance test, background / mental disorder tests......
hell maybe even a chip that tells a data base when and where the gun has been fired????

i know that this idea will receive a lot of "they can't take MY guns away" comments....
but realistically.....if the government announces martial law and comes for you....
(answer is no)

None of those things will directly affect a person from getting hands on a weapon.
Guns are just as or more easily obtained illegally..
People kill people.. not guns... I know its a corny statement, but its true.

#10 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

but people kill people with guns. LOL.

its just that they are SO LETHAL....

#11 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• Expired Member
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Please don't make this a discussion about guns.

There are twenty young souls that perished today.

My heart hurts.
  • ethnobotanist420 likes this

#12 squizzlix

squizzlix

Atlantean Twins

• Free Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

looks like ammunition will be made illegal eventually,
the right to bear arms says nothing about ammunition.
it won't solve the problem...nothing will.

but we're going to have to try something.
we DO have a problem,
pretending it isn't an issue won't make it get any better

#13 aliendreamtime

aliendreamtime

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Our culture is sick. As in...dis-eased. So sad...how does something like this happen?

#14 wildturtle

wildturtle

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

(answer is no)

If maybe one of those teachers had access to a concealed weapon on their person at all times there may have been less casualties. Building a red tape wall and making it legally harder for people to protect themselves is outrageous. You can't bring a knife to a gun fight, just as you can't bring a gun to a drone fight... so bring your drone or a really big gun. I think more police presence in school systems might be considered before we start getting rid of guns :lol:.

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,849 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'd say the citizens should give up no rights. They should make a world, country, neighborhood, where people find no need or inclination to be armed. Crazy people will not go sane if the people give up a right. I have little use for gun nuts. I have a psychopath next door who is one. She should be disarmed. I would sooner have just about anyone except the NRA and most gun nuts defending my rights, though. I am not made to rest easy because a bunch of government employees and agents are armed. Putting this toothpaste back in the tube at official gunpoint will not make for a happy and safe country. The only thing that will help, ultimately, is everyone feeling secure, with enough to eat and a satisfying life. The less of that, the more trouble.

#16 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I wrote somewhere else this Country needs more Compassion, Love, and Peace. I was retorted 'Sorry to be a jerk, but Compassion and Love won't stop a Lunatic with a Gun..'

This is what's wrong. Compassion and Love lacks from the start. The more it lacks, the darker our cold and indifferent state becomes. The more cold and indifferent we become, the more Animal and less Human we become. We are better than no one else, but no laws will improve us. Changing our WAY OF LIFE will. We know something is wrong when more comments about this tragedy are about Gun Nuts and these Death Machines than the actual Children themselves. May the light and energy of these little ones guide us back to where we should be, where we've been straying from for so long. We have to return to Humanity if we want hope for improvement. The vast majority are no longer Human. They are Machine. Dependent upon the people behind the scenes coding them, showing them the way. We must find our own way again. I hope this tragedy can teach people but if we examine the past, we will see that it will only spur argument. There's a lot wrong. We need more compassion and love. We need empathy. Sympathy. Respect. Much love to those families, to those children. May the families heal without cameras in their faces, and the children allowed to grieve. May vulnerability quit being televised and instead may it be replaced with words of hope and inspiration. We continue on this path and we will be as many other Civilizations. We walk the path of fear, of hate, of regulation, and of desperation. We have to return where we once were and try again for a positive future. RIP Children, Teachers, and any others who got caught in this lethal crossfire. You will be remembered, and you have my love, respect, and compassion. Your families do as well.

#17 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I just saw this on the news... So so terrible.
I can't even think of anything to say that could possibly describe how awful I feel about this.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims(and the families of the victims) of this barbaric, monstrous crime.
May they all rest in peace.

Please don't make this a discussion about guns.

There are twenty young souls that perished today.

My heart hurts.

I urge you all to re-read MrGumball's post. Seroiusly.
  • MrGumball likes this

#18 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Such a horrible thing to happen to such innocent souls =[

#19 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Yeah better home school Your kids people.. whats next?

bullet proof vests for elementary school kids?

#20 LilBear

LilBear

Producer

• Expired Member
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

http://www.justfacts.../guncontrol.asp

http://theacru.org/a...nterproductive/

Just some articles and facts about guns, violence, and gun control, for those to read before they make it about gun control

I am confused by peoples reactions to these sorts of things, given the massive amounts of innocent and young lives, we, as a nation have taken.

We're all at fault, it's sad, but by dividing humanity into "peoples", and by letting our culture change to the point that we essentially idolize murderers to the same degree we idolize celebrities....

Sad day it was

also I don't know if you remember this guys speech - http://www.rollingst...-is-it-19990624

Edited by LilBear, 15 December 2012 - 01:14 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!