MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Really?

youtube, the greatest source on the internet right next to wikipedia.

Go jump off a bridge with your friends.

There have been legitimate questions asked about this shooting. Youtube or no you tube. I'm not saying what I believe but I am saying keep it civil please.

Things should be questioned if they weren't things would be more f'd up then they already are.

If this thread does go too far it will be moved. Though I think it is something to discuss as the mainstream media is noticing truthers asking questions about this shooting.

I have questions a lot of them but that is for another day. Let's keep this on topic not tell people to jump off bridges.

Thanks~Dani
  • Pithead likes this

#122 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

People's children died.

Where the fuck is the respect?

I didn't tell him to jump off a bridge literally, it was a reference to following blindly.

http://xkcd.com/1170/

If you knew someone who was effected by this, you wouldn't be full of questions.

Posting videos claiming people are FAKING their children's death is egregious.

All of those claims have been debunked.

Edited by mate0x, 06 February 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#123 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm sorry but people have a right to feel the way they do. Whether you agree or not we have a right to speech deplorable or not.

I'm sorry for jumping to a conclusion on you Mate I didn't fully read the comic.

#124 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• Expired Member
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Alright Mate, chill out. Sure, I shouldn't have posted it like it was a factual thing. Perhaps instead of being a dick, you could actually post some enlightening information as to why and how the points and questions made in this video have been "debunked". I'd love to hear them. By the way, that cute little comic you posted illustrates that sometimes it is indeed appropriate to follow; not that I'm admitting to following blindly. Asking tough questions is often the only way to truth. I apologize for offending you or anyone else, it was not intended.

Edited by Dr.Psilo., 06 February 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#125 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

http://bit.ly/VEDfNP

You accused many people of lying about their children dying. Go and edit all the posts you want, I don't care if I am being a dick.

Edited by mate0x, 06 February 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#126 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• Expired Member
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I said I was sorry and I was in the wrong to post it as a factual statement; which is why I edited it.

#127 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm sorry too, just pissed me off.

Sorry dude

#128 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• Expired Member
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

It's understandable. I really should have done more research before posting something like that...
It was ignorant on my part.

#129 daytryptr

daytryptr

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

hiring someone to look over your shoulder might be good, for business, nation wide, as the guns&whatever asociation president mounted, like in every school, an armed cop/security hawk...that's so..
,,,how will it affect the kids apprehention of "safety"... kinda swirl it around an x spot..never reaching peace.. or what?

we are still hunters and gatherers,... in many ways and/or lotsa more, but
whiile most folks will gather attention, some just go hunt for it..

it looks like we were "overpopulated" since we grew a tiny bit too big.... no longer depending with our lives bound so closely..
or?
but
sinc ewe populated mostly every relatively usable area of the land of Earth, the pricks have deployed RC MEANs to bomb the fuck away from your safe self...

shit!

and it looks like we're on a much worse collision course!

Course 1, Lesson 1:

stay out of school!
Lesson 2:
go home and practice!

Hiring security guards for public schools is probably the worst possible action to take, retired vets even worse.

1. You indoctrinate the children from a young age that they need to worry far too much about statistically improbable events. You train them to think people are out to get them, to a degree far from proportionate to the statistical risk they will be attacked.

2. I see that as a move towards a militarized domestic leo agenda, which is once a gain a terrible idea. First its armed guards at public schools, taxpayer funded, and fiscally impossible, then its cctv to help "prevent terrorism" in the wrong hands without legal oversight, like what people were advocating after boston. Its brainwashing people that we need rediculously unnecessary protection, and inducing fear, fear that the government is the only thing that can protect us, and we need to cooperate with whatever they decide to do.

3. Who/what kind of training/background do these guards have? Military combat expirence, law enforcement, none at all (arming teachers), etc. The sheer bueracracy involved with making sure they are qualified and not going to pull the same shit they are there to prevent is fiscally impossible atm. And a waste of money. I don't want to generalize here, but putting already possibly damaged mental goods in such a enviroment, in the case of combat expirence vets, doesn't seem like a good idea given the track record of mental health vets have coming out of the service.

The only thing is see in common with all these mass shootings/bombings/terrorist acts, is that the government failed to intervene, when they had the information, but did not act fast enough. That is your problem, along with the mental health thing thats been thoroughly discussed. The cops do a shitty job at preventing these things, are already militarized enough, and are not interested in efficiently/effectively using money thrown at the problem, but thats a wider problem that most people tend to not think about regarding effective government. And that people refuse to accept this is a mental health problem, caused by an unhealthy society. LEO/Federal armed protection, even private firms, have core problems that make the idea of armed guards at every school comical. They fail to deliver on the promises when we throw funding at them to solve the problem.

Same with the mental health thing. Its such a difficult and fundamental problem, people woudl rather comfort themselves by rationalizing the causes in other ways, that are (in their illogical arguments) easier to come to terms with. We refuse to deal with the elephant in the room. I think the only action we can take is to change as a society in terms of how we deal with mental health. But thats the most difficult solution unfortunatley. I don't think the general populace would be able to do this, its to much of a harsh reality to face, they choose to find comfort in whatever crazy ass inneffective, and almost always expensive simple fixes. You could even say thats part of the mental health problem we have. Its diverse, and by and large no recognized as the real issue.

#130 microscopeman

microscopeman

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

There were over 150,000 women and children killed in the middle east in NON-COMBAT zones just this year, and in OUR NAME. keyword:blowback. Did you cry for them? oh... wait... They are brown people, so that doesn't matter.
  • Dr.Psilo. likes this

#131 daytryptr

daytryptr

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

There were over 150,000 women and children killed in the middle east in NON-COMBAT zones just this year, and in OUR NAME. keyword:blowback. Did you cry for them? oh... wait... They are brown people, so that doesn't matter.

Yes, i agree. What i don't understand is what in my post is relevant to what your saying.

Brown people? i believe they are called middle easterners, and where that comes from.............:eusa_thin.

Unless your referring to the mental health issues our leaders have due to the exact consequences of our imperialistic wars over the last half century, and the collateral damage/blowback.

still, how the collateral damage from unjustified wars relates to the topic, and how because they are "brown people" "i don't care", im at a loss.

care to elaborate? :eusa_eh:

#132 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

Why even post this?

Need some attention?

#133 Sickmanlives

Sickmanlives

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Yes, i agree. What i don't understand is what in my post is relevant to what your saying.

Brown people? i believe they are called middle easterners, and where that comes from.............:eusa_thin.

Unless your referring to the mental health issues our leaders have due to the exact consequences of our imperialistic wars over the last half century, and the collateral damage/blowback.

still, how the collateral damage from unjustified wars relates to the topic, and how because they are "brown people" "i don't care", im at a loss.

care to elaborate? :eusa_eh:

Imperialistic...what a great word.

#134 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• Expired Member
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

I get where mircroscopeman is coming from. Funny how the majority of US citizens seemingly don't bat an eye or even care to hear of others dying due to tragedies in foreign countries, yet something similar happens on our soil and everyone loses there minds. A life is a life.

#135 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

It's horribly depressing, how do you know what people think about?

Funny how the majority of US citizens seemingly don't bat an eye or even care to hear of others dying due to tragedies in foreign countries

What percentage of US citizens do you interact with daily in order to make that sweeping accusation?

It is sad when you catch guilt for mourning those close to you, because you should be thinking about someone else determined by strangers on the internet.

Do you go to funerals? Hypocrite.

#136 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• Expired Member
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

It's horribly depressing, how do you know what people think about?

What percentage of US citizens do you interact with daily in order to make that sweeping accusation?

It is sad when you catch guilt for mourning those close to you, because you should be thinking about someone else determined by strangers on the internet.

Do you go to funerals? Hypocrite.

You've stated in your previous posts that the only reason you're acting so sensitive about this is because you have family that lives there.( pretty sure it was you anyways, I'll check) If so, Thanks for further supporting my point.

Oh and it would only be hypocritical if I was telling others to attend funerals, when not going myself. ;)

Edited by Dr.Psilo., 19 May 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#137 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Empathy and Sympathy are kinda not in our culture anymore it seems. I think the constant media focusing on things that are crap desensitize people to a lot of issues. It's their job/agenda.

If that doesn't work resort to plan B to serve the agenda.

I'm not making any statements about Connecticut!!! Just my opinion about some issues in our world.

#138 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Sorry, yes you two are right. You two seem like the most caring people around.

How does being sensitive to one thing imply I am insensitive to another? I must have "lost my mind." Have you even asked my thoughts about global affairs?

Although, I am now done with this conversation.

Edited by mate0x, 19 May 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#139 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• Expired Member
  • 513 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

You know, Mate I wasn't looking to argue with you. Just posting an opinion. Perhaps instead of attacking other members' opinions in an emotionally charged manner, you could simply come back with/share your own opinion.

Edited by Dr.Psilo., 19 May 2013 - 10:35 AM.
sp

#140 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Mate my statement had nothing to do with you at all but society in general. I'm confused why it was taken the wrong way??:eusa_thin

I find the people on Topia to be some of the most compassionate ever, which is why I'm here. For a little slice of humanity. Grab it where you can get it ya know.

So please don't get angry at me when it wasn't about you please. Chill this should be a conversation which, I thought it was?

Mahalo~Dani

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!