• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Lodi

Lodi

Pick door #3

• Expired Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

How much water to plant material (weight) do you use?

I use a huge volume of water compared to my plant matter. I get the plant matter soaked in the boiling water and stir the poop out of it. Then I toss in the sticks of butter and let them melt while I keep stirring. When I am not stirring I keep the lid on.

Trim is high quality, and intact, I don't even grind it - easier to strain and way less fine particles in the final product.

I have been recently doing 28 grams of trim per stick, but normal people can't even eat half a cookie - and I cut the butter with 50% normal butter in the recipe. So one stick would be 66 grams weed butter, 66 grams normal butter for example.

I made some personal rice krispie treats with straight butter, it's killer :D

I use LOTS of water, no exact science, maybe a few years ago I had measurments written down somewhere, but its all eyeballed except for how much trim I am putting in.

#22 Pachanoi

Pachanoi

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I decarboloxidized(bad spelling) 12 grams of bubble hash in a 210•F oven for 90 minutes, then clarified a stick of butter, added the decarbed hash, mixed well, cooled. Made them into cookies. We had one and got the thc twitches all day, most potent edible I have ever had. Still very stoned this morning. Yay harvest season!

#23 Lodi

Lodi

Pick door #3

• Expired Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

My favorite method is using hash to make edibles. super easy.

#24 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I don't use hash much, so my fav would have to default to hash oil, I melt it into butter/oil, let cool a bit and ready to use inside of 10 mins.

I imagine the hash edibles taste far superior to anything else

#25 Lodi

Lodi

Pick door #3

• Expired Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I don't use hash much, so my fav would have to default to hash oil, I melt it into butter/oil, let cool a bit and ready to use inside of 10 mins.

I imagine the hash edibles taste far superior to anything else

MMMMMM yes they do, they pack a huge punch in a very small package. I wonder if a gram of earwax would be enough for a tray of edibles?

#26 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,534 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Now you guys have me interested. I've never decarboxylated - hope I spelled that right, it's new to me.

Perhaps I'm a dufus, but I drop whole tops - the goods - into a cuisinart and puree. Fresh from being clipped from the stalk - no drying - unless the 60-90 seconds of food processing counts.
Then I add 1.5 oz of goodness to 1 quart of cooking oil.
Bring to 210*F - monitor very closely - constant attention required
Hold for 2 hours
Strain/press, store

My friends know better than to "eat the whole thing". Slobbering, disorientation, confusion, dizziness, inability to perform simple tasks, nausea, - all signs of eating the whole brownie. 1/2 a brownie is a giggle fiesta!!

Hope I'm not doing something wrong. If they're stronger with dried weed.........wooh! Better cut back to 3/4 oz for a recipe

#27 Lodi

Lodi

Pick door #3

• Expired Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Now you guys have me interested. I've never decarboxylated - hope I spelled that right, it's new to me.

Perhaps I'm a dufus, but I drop whole tops - the goods - into a cuisinart and puree. Fresh from being clipped from the stalk - no drying - unless the 60-90 seconds of food processing counts.
Hold for 2 hours
Strain/press, store

My friends know better than to "eat the whole thing". Slobbering, disorientation, confusion, dizziness, inability to perform simple tasks, nausea, - all signs of eating the whole brownie. 1/2 a brownie is a giggle fiesta!!

Hope I'm not doing something wrong. If they're stronger with dried weed.........wooh! Better cut back to 3/4 oz for a recipe

Most of the thc on wet bud will be thca, which is only mildly psychoactive but believed to hold all the magical healing properties. I make a 50/50 wet/dry vegetable glycerin tincture, it relieves sore muscles, aches and pains, toothache and basically everything inside and out. I personally use it for my migrains, when I feel one coming on I rub the tincture into the base of my skull and it takes care of it with haste.

I am sure your brownies have way more medicinal value than those made with all dried weed.

#28 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hold for 2 hours
Strain/press, store

You could very well be decarboxylating over the course of those 2 hours in the oil

#29 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• Expired Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Wow! you all are so awesome!!

I haven't the time to read all your posts right now....
though, I cant wait to read this weekend when I have time...

I just wanted to say thank you for now.
definitely will be doing some experimenting soon with the info shared, will share results.

Thanks again 'Topia!

#30 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Just to add my 2 cents for what its worth . The Recipe I follow is simple. 10 pounds of clarified butter in a large slow cooker . Turn the slow cooker on, melt all the butter until (HOT) clarify a bit more by skimming anything floating on the top butter off. Take 5 ounces of GOOD GRADE BUD that has been dried to a CRACKER dry state and crumble by hand into the hot butter and by crumble I mean a fine consistency but not powder really . Let it bubble away for 12-14 hours (a work day) then shut off and let cool over nite . turn the cookpot on in the morning again and let it bubble all day again 12-14 hours shut off again cool over-nite back on the 3rd morning cook all day 12-14 hours. Remove from heat and now cool until you can handle the temp of the butter. Now Filter first thru a colander then a screen sieve and lastly cheese cloth . Put it all back into the Crook pot that has been wiped clean reheat clarify the butter again and put into caning jars at high temp and full to the top. Place the lids on tight and let cool.100_2693.JPG Now First you have some killer butter and second you have killer butter that is caned and will keep for about 4 years on a shelf with no fridge. These are my last two jars... One is Death Star the other a pretty good diesel variety. I like to give the butter away as gifts Or if I realy like ya I will Bake with it for someone. Also be sure to save the bud you extract from . Its still good to cook with as its jammed full of butter still no mater how much you press it. This recipe makes a strength of butter that allows you to follow recipe volume butter as in if it calls for say 1/4 pound or one stick for cookies use that much butter ... TWO 2 .... Cookies is normally plenty as for most recipes thats a serving for one person . And ive had many a person give me the edibles bah bah bull eat this recipe and change there mind at the 5th cookie ..... wayyyy to late.

#31 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

How is that butter not green? Looks awesome

#32 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

How is that butter not green? Looks awesome

BECAUSE OF WATER RINSES!!! ..... i cant believe you even asked that question lol
;) blah... you bust my balls when I ask you why your butter was to GREEN and that whenever
i make butter its NEVER green like that and has ZERO planty taste.

The water rinses get the color nice like that.

I already told you this Mate0X.... ;)

Guess some people DOO need pictures for proof... WELL there they are ;) not mine, but doesnt mean i dont know
how to replicate that product....

Not ranting ;) Just busting Mate's balls RIGHT BACK heheh

#33 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

The Chlorophyll seems to bond to water and fat . As im starting with Clarified Butter and Clarifying further there are less solubles for the green to sit or extract in . And the bud is Super dry. It is green but a pale green. Because its clarified its more like oil the butter it seems . I also Do a glycerine extraction Cold for medical purpose uses, but that takes like 4 months yet works very well. Dude not a drop of water goes any where near it . the process is written exactly . And HIGH GRADE smoke 300 plus an ounce type smoke.

Edited by maliki, 20 January 2013 - 09:49 AM.
content

#34 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

The Chlorophyll seems to bond to water and fat . As im starting with Clarified Butter and Clarifying further there are less solubles for the green to sit or extract in . And the bud is Super dry. It is green but a pale green. Because its clarified its more like oil the butter it seems . I also Do a glycerine extraction Cold for medical purpose uses, but that takes like 4 months yet works very well. Dude not a drop of water goes any where near it . the process is written exactly .

OH ya I know, I read your process... i know you dont use water..
well it wasnt the FULL process, as you just added more details in your
post just above mine here.

I USE WATER and get same exact looking butter...

mate0x wants to know WHY? because he cant seem to get NON-GREEN butter for the life
of him... ;)

I was just saying that I get same looking butter with DAMN CLOSE process,,, but I use
A LOT OF WATER in my process, A LOT!!! gallons of boiling water.

Interesting though, Mate will appreciate your last post :)

Side note,

I prefer the water rinsing because
1 - you get damn near 100% of your butter back(the biggest reason why i water rinse)
2 - planty flavor = gone

#35 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

The Chlorophyll seems to bond to water and fat . As im starting with Clarified Butter and Clarifying further there are less solubles for the green to sit or extract in . And the bud is Super dry. It is green but a pale green. Because its clarified its more like oil the butter it seems . I also Do a glycerine extraction Cold for medical purpose uses, but that takes like 4 months yet works very well. Dude not a drop of water goes any where near it . the process is written exactly .

Are you saying the chlorophyll is more soluble in the milk solids than the fat itself? Interesting.

Super drying the weed would break down more chlorophyll too...

Thanks for your reply mal

#36 Lodi

Lodi

Pick door #3

• Expired Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

I believe the only thing this thread has done is prove there are countless ways to make butter, everyone has a different process, yet everyone claims to have the BEST butter. Unless I make mine myself I dont ever get good edibles, and since none of us are capable of trying eachothers edibles at the moment we all just might have to settle with to each our own.

The solid facts that have been found during this thread-
weed must be dry
it must cook in water. lol

#37 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

next time I do this I may just have to do the pics on process of how i do it . rather then just the finished product ..

#38 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

next time I do this I may just have to do the pics on process of how i do it . rather then just the finished product ..

I get exactly how you did it, I was honestly surprised to see how not-green it was for a 36 hours method. You should still post up so everyone can see though!

I am going to try using Ghee (or what ever it is) next time, and bake dry my materials. Thanks

Edited by mate0x, 20 January 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#39 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

I believe the only thing this thread has done is prove there are countless ways to make butter, everyone has a different process, yet everyone claims to have the BEST butter. Unless I make mine myself I dont ever get good edibles, and since none of us are capable of trying eachothers edibles at the moment we all just might have to settle with to each our own.

The solid facts that have been found during this thread-
weed must be dry
it must cook in water. lol

and to think i was going to say...

There are countless ways to skin a cat...

damn it I know I shouldnt have deleted that part of my post ;)

Im not quiet sure where you got the "MUSTS" from Lodi.

#40 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I didnt like the "green" taste in my rice crispy treats so I just found out about washing butter. One wash made it very much less planty even though it is still greener. I think I will do a second wash since longer ones dont seem to hurt anyone elses butter.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!