24 replies to this topic

#1 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

The plan is to use a few ingredients mix them up hoping to achieve a ph of 4.5 - 4 ph range to help the good guys live and the bad guys will not like this ph and not grow :)

here are the ingredients so far :

Mussel shells

Amanita muscaria var. guessowii,

Kale or Brussels sprouts

Molasses

Coffee

my plan is to mix the ingredients with desired amount of water and coffee to a ph of ruffly 4 range

I was going to use a plastic water jug but plastics always make me nervous especially highly acetic stuff... but all I would have to do is let air out once in a while...

find something to put it all in remember to clean the container that is used sterilize it if using glass there needs to be an air lock of some sort you do not want to leave something fermenting in a mason jar all sealed up
when I fermented in glass wine bottles I used a balloon on the top so we did not have exploding glass very important :) need to let the CO2 out as it is created or things expand till the CO2 pops out

and brew no heat will be used for pasteurization the acetic solution should be all that is needed to keep the bad guys away

#2 Crazy8ths

Crazy8ths

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Assuming it is in the dark cause its an anaerobic. Very cool zymology. Sounds familiar.
Kangkong (water spinach) Fermented Extract
This is essentially used as growth promotant. Kangkong is sometimes called water
spinach. It is a kind of vegetable that typically grows in fresh water. It can also grow in
highly moist soil. It s basic characteristic is it grows very fast, similar to the rapid growth
of kelp in the seas. To the natural farmers, this kind of plant or similar plant for that
matter have natural growth promotant. In the scientific agricultural parlance, we speak of
natural growth hormones like gibberellins, auxins and cytokinins. Plants that grow fast
will have a better concentrations of these natural growth hormones. By observation,
kangkong or kelp or even mugwort will fall on this category. Thus, axillary buds of
kangkong, plants like cucumber, squash and watermelon will be good materials to
ferment for this purpose. Once these are fermented, active ingredients extracted, you
may use this to spray and/or water your plants. You will notice a great improvement in
the growth of your plants.

#3 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

mixing the nutrients we know certain vegetable plants have

matching them with the need for what we are growing

all natural ingredients matched up
that's my dream with growing in the future ;)

thanks for your help :)
I am studying different nutrients b4 putting this all together

one thing I was thinking is to use small glass bottles
they are dark glass keeps the light out
small size for sterilizing
can easily put a balloon on the top so the glass dosnt break
also a smaller size incase the batch is ruined its only a small amount at a time
can always scale the good small size tests if all works well
I think keeping it small has way more advantages over a big brew thats hard to move around and hard to sterilize in the first place

now that i am thinking about it more
feed plants once a week or once every 2 weeks depending on strengths
brew takes a week or 2 :) see the big picture
brew dilute feed
brew ...:)

all fresh nutrients :) I like this idea better and better everyday

I did this outside in a pail too just kept adding to it since it was outside
feed once a week a dilute brew really diluted has 2 pails going
for all of outdoors gardens
this is why i feed once a week a more diluted brew almost every watering cause i think they might have just got water inbetween feeds when really really dry but this summer was very dry
thread to outdoor Comfrey brew fertilizer
https://mycotopia.ne...31-comfrey.html

Edited by wildedibles, 25 December 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#4 Crazy8ths

Crazy8ths

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

bamboo and willow tree have good properties as well. Bamboo roots attract healthy bacteria / microbes to the soil because they go well with the fermenting process providing carbohydrates for the microbes to feed on. For specific plants you can use leaves of a healthy plant to attract the microbes specific bacteria for that particular breed of plant. Would be nice to know the names of these mysterious organisms. Wonder if samples were taken from rich places like the amazon and galapagos islands would provide :) such advanced bacteria must thrive there. :offtopic: Bacteria are so interesting was thinking since they have the ability to share dna with each other making them forever adaptable. (exchange exp in some biological respect to say watch out for this and become immune to it) Even though we know bacteria to be bad there are many bacteria present in our body if we are able to distinguish those bacteria willing to assimilate healthily with the ones already present in our bodies who knows what positives it could have for human kind. Rather than try and kill all the bacteria help the beneficial bacteria in conjunction with our own cells to eliminate internal aliments.
  • lonelynewman likes this

#5 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Yogurt is one friendly bacteria if growing in our instestine this type of bacteria they can keep yeast growth down
Good guy growth keeps the bad ones from growing ;)
I am learning that the good bacteria and the bad ones usually thrive in different conditions like different ph
the more acid a brew is the more good guys are in there compared to a higher ph more alkaline the more bad guys could be in there

Bacteria is always an interesting read there are many many bacterias out there as you mentioned I have been reading info but it is hard to absorb all the info out there takes time :)

#6 Crazy8ths

Crazy8ths

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

hence the coffee for ph down ? What is mussel shell made of I am assuming sea salt calcium of some sort and what else? Trying to find the muscaria symbiosis in this probiotic? Time is all i got sometimes (just not enough devoted to the things i love) So one day at a time. Very interesting critters we take for granted.

Edited by Crazy8ths, 26 December 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#7 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Ya coffee is really acetic that help bring it down

and ya for calcium and other minerals in the shells .... good for cacti we add this to the soil with cacti too

hehe the Amanita I have a theory and well triyng to grow them with my plants but that is far fetched at the moment I think adding a mulch of some moss could help some plants grow this mushroom maybe cacti isnt the plant but others maybe could grow this mushroom

now I do not think the spores would live in a brew well maybe they will but I am not holding my breath either but Amanitas have a ton of nutrients :)
this is found in Amanita
http://en.wikipedia....i/Glutamic_acid
http://en.wikipedia....id#Plant_growth
"
[h=3]Plant growth[/h] Auxigro is a plant growth preparation that contains 30% glutamic acid."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxigro
"Auxigro is a controversial chemical-based growth-enhancer that is currently approved in the United States by the EPA for spray on fruits, vegetables, and grains. It is a mixture of equal parts gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), casein hydrolysate and glutamic acid dissolved in water."

:)

#8 Crazy8ths

Crazy8ths

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Ya coffee is really acetic that help bring it down

and ya for calcium and other minerals in the shells .... good for cacti we add this to the soil with cacti too

hehe the Amanita I have a theory and well triyng to grow them with my plants but that is far fetched at the moment I think adding a mulch of some moss could help some plants grow this mushroom maybe cacti isnt the plant but others maybe could grow this mushroom

now I do not think the spores would live in a brew well maybe they will but I am not holding my breath either but Amanitas have a ton of nutrients :)
this is found in Amanita
http://en.wikipedia....i/Glutamic_acid
http://en.wikipedia....id#Plant_growth
"
Plant growth

Auxigro is a plant growth preparation that contains 30% glutamic acid."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auxigro
"Auxigro is a controversial chemical-based growth-enhancer that is currently approved in the United States by the EPA for spray on fruits, vegetables, and grains. It is a mixture of equal parts gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), casein hydrolysate and glutamic acid dissolved in water."

:)

the compunents for auxigro = casein hydrolysate is that a slow release protien made in our bodies? Gaba is made in our brains and dmt is floating around there somewhere. Fun stuff hub! Oh about the balloon cant you just put a hepa filter disk on a jar with just the lid band on for fae ?

#9 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

You do not want any O2 in there at all if you do I think u end up with Vinegar...?
I let air at it outside it still worked as a great fertilizer
but inside more of a chance for mold to grow on the top of the brew with added O2?
you can use an air lock but havent found the sizes I was looking for
with a balloon its cool the balloon fills with C02 and expands
the brew in the bottle fills the balloon till all the sugar is turned to alcohol and done letting out C02
Thanks for that link :)
I need a bit more reading b4 I start its been busy around here taking a break b4 I get moving again at all this stuff I am planning to do....

#10 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 667 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

if you are useing lacto should not be much in way of alcohol, yeast are primarly reoposnable for making sugars into either ethonol (anerobic reaction) or in aerobic enviroment can get infected with acetobacters, which will turn the ethonol into acetic acid (vinagar)

#11 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for that clarification bud :)
Would Brussels sprouts be enough to get it going
I keep wanting to add Yogurt but that's not right lol....

I was reading about Vitamins to help out a friend and relized that I have lists of foods and their vitamins listed ( what each food contains these vitamins) if I brew them they will have these veggies delelope these vitamins ;)
I knwo I do not make any sense at the moment lol
I will be back to explain a bit better ....

#12 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

ok I finally had the urage and the thought put into this fermented fertilizer

I took the oysters out of it completly
1 cause the meat if i do not do this right that might go way too bad maybe not jump in to deep 1st or 2nd time....
2 cause the oyster shell is in most of my substrate mixes for plants and what else ever so why add it to a brew that is soposed to be 4 sounds kinda dumb

hum.... I still used Amanita Muscaria guessiw... what ever spelling not working today forgive me lol

mushroom yes :)
tea at a warm tempratuer does not burn my lips

make tea hehe from my left over tea last night and ( which was mushroom) a new mushroom that wanted to be brewed :)

I added some mints that were dried from the garden and I found my comfrey from the garden :) I added a few other herbals ones that I make tea with
there is no reg tea in this at all
when I remember them all i will add them in here so you know...

honey molassas
i didnt measure anything I really hate to be hindered by measuring i stop my flow and stuff never gets done....

I put it in a plastic alcohol 40 % bottle its what I had just a small bottle and didnt fill it all the way just to the label plenty for gas
now do not leave this alone
but I am wondering warm room or cool room
my cool room i forget about its cold i do not want the lid to pop ...
I dont think it will but you have to keep letting the air out or it could do some funky things thats why I am not using glass
it could break this is not good for just playing with and forgetting

#13 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

I have been letting the pressure out daily

Just open the cap let the gass out with a psst
and close it back up :)

It is starting to look really cool :)
I can see the mushroom getting cloudy I guess it would be looks like the mother in a batch of apple cider vinegar ;) looking good things are fermenting ;)
It will soon be ready I will give it a few more days to make it 1 week exactly ;)

#14 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

LOL I forgot to let the air out for 2 days oops the plastic expanded but nothing broke :)
I think this fert was done the other day so I will be putting it to use today

I will dilute it test the ph again and water certain plants with it and others that look the same size etc I will water with plan water to do a little test to see if this fertilizer preforms better than water alone I think it will
fert no fert easy to guess who will win there ;)

But I can get an idea of how better it works compared to water alone will give me some hints to try again

and since I will have an empty bottle or 2 around I will start brewing more fertilizer maybe I can measure it out better and type it all in here take pictures of the plants every few days ;)

#15 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Here is some pictures of the finished fertilizer :) its been brewing ruffly 2 weeks now and should be using it diluted on some of these plants today if all goes well at least by this weekend they should be fed and I will be watching to see differences in the growth :)

IMG_3356.JPG

this is the plant thread where I will be noting the difference in fert no fert ;)
https://mycotopia.ne...st1233917<br />

"hum.... I still used Amanita Muscaria guessiw... what ever spelling not working today forgive me lol

mushroom yes Posted Image
tea at a warm temperature does not burn my lips

make tea hehe from my left over tea last night and ( which was mushroom) a new mushroom that wanted to be brewed Posted Image

I added some mints that were dried from the garden and I found my Comfrey from the garden Posted Image I added a few other herbals ones that I make tea with
there is no reg tea in this at all
when I remember them all i will add them in here so you know...

honey molasses"

Ok to clarify my ingredients

https://mycotopia.ne...-guessowii.html

This is the mushroom that was used
amanita-muscaria-var-guessowii
- 1 and a 1/2 cap aprox wild picked
- Honey from the store pure hard honey
- molassas from the store
- Comfrey from the garden
- Mints from the garden
and herbals that I make tea with oops should have wrote them down ;)
I am guessing Damina cause it and mushrooms is the only thing i am using in my tea at the moment ... I will look when I strain the mix out see if I can tell the plant material used ;)

My next brew will start when the bottle is empty and sterilized I will fill it up ... I am thinking this time around I will fill a few up

I will also be writing them or typing them here as I add them to the bottle so I do not forget the ingredients

and I will try and measure so thoes of you who wish to make a fert brew will know how much of each thing I use

I want to keep this as if I have it I will use it keeping the cost down
I also want to use garden grown herbals as much as I can because I want this brew to be as close to organic as I can get ... now store bought honey and molasses are not organic but I have no organic sugars that I can think of and not going out to buy this by it self

I also kept the coffee idea out cause organic coffee lol I am not buying that probably cannot find it at my store anyway ...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3349.JPG
  • IMG_3343.JPG

Edited by wildedibles, 31 January 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#16 SoooHaggard

SoooHaggard

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Awesome tea's guys! I also use Gil's method of making "Bio-Nutes".

Tea's I currently have fermenting without Lacto are

Comfrey Root (RoseMoutainHerb.com)
Stinging Nettle
Horsetail Fennel
Alfalfa

Pretty much anything that's a dynamic accumulator.
  • wildedibles and lonelynewman like this

#17 cujoloki

cujoloki

unbeknownst

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Awesome thread edibles!! Some questions...

Is this a monthly feeding in between waters?

Can you test ppm to see how strong your brew is?

How big is the risk of burning your plants?

Would using poo water be a good idea? If so how about adding egg shells and ground up fish that is strained?

Sorry if this is alot my mind just goes like that sometimes!!!! THANKS!!! Time to :smokin:
  • wildedibles likes this

#18 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

Awesome thread edibles!! Some questions...

Is this a monthly feeding in between waters?

Can you test ppm to see how strong your brew is?

How big is the risk of burning your plants?

Would using poo water be a good idea? If so how about adding egg shells and ground up fish that is strained?

Sorry if this is alot my mind just goes like that sometimes!!!! THANKS!!! Time to :smokin:

Sooo many questions sooo little focus ;)
I havent put another brew together yet but am staring at the bottles I will see what I can do ;)
So just one brew I like to feed outside stuff 1 every 2 weeks or more diluted once a week
not so much from the house plants but they get diluted down herbal tea at times too

I do not have a ppm tester (looking into it)... I tested the ph before and it was acidic which is good for the brew so it ferments instead of rots ;))
I forgot to test the ph after I diluted it it was well diluted I rater go on the lighter the fert the more u can do it ;) this way I do not burn things cause it is always well diluted not high risk burning and I add weeds and mushrooms these will not harm plants ;)

poo water u could but I have poo in the mix (worm poo for cacti in sand) and cow and sheep in peat mix dirt pots
egg shells in the brew would turn it more basic is my guess and reuin the brew ;) but add these to the dirt mix cacti and sand love egg shells and so does the other pots ;)
now I think the egg shells in the dirt will balance the acidic food water coming in ;) just a guess ;)

Ya its alot this early in the morning but no prob I needed the poke to get another brew together ;) So thank U :)
and I like how u left me a line inbetween the words are not staying still on the screen lol easier to see with space around it lol :)

#19 cujoloki

cujoloki

unbeknownst

• Expired Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Darn gotta spread some rep arounnnd. Thanks for the feedback edibles!! This year i will

be doing alot of outdoor gardening; all organic.

GEtting hydro experience but its not organic just ghnova nutes, although lately, and you

may find this interesting, i have been using egg shell water to raise my ph. Just

something i felt was the right thing to do since i didnt have ph up and was tired of my

solution being in the low 5's and didnt want to experience lockout.

Back on topic, i will be trying some compost tea this year thanks to all iv been learning

about it!!! I have a full scale organic garden going in which i will try to do a thread or

post some pics. i already have about fifty radishes up!! plus squash, peppers, tomatoes,

marigolds (i know you can eat those already thanks):special: and all heirlooms; started

indoors.

Sound good? Always welcome!

#20 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,830 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Nice I have started my tomatoes already they are in my indoor garden thread where I used this fert on my other friends the cacti :)
https://mycotopia.ne...tml#post1245087

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!