• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 SoooHaggard

SoooHaggard

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Sooo many questions sooo little focus ;)
I havent put another brew together yet but am staring at the bottles I will see what I can do ;)
So just one brew I like to feed outside stuff 1 every 2 weeks or more diluted once a week
not so much from the house plants but they get diluted down herbal tea at times too

I do not have a ppm tester (looking into it)... I tested the ph before and it was acidic which is good for the brew so it ferments instead of rots ;))
I forgot to test the ph after I diluted it it was well diluted I rater go on the lighter the fert the more u can do it ;) this way I do not burn things cause it is always well diluted not high risk burning and I add weeds and mushrooms these will not harm plants ;)

poo water u could but I have poo in the mix (worm poo for cacti in sand) and cow and sheep in peat mix dirt pots
egg shells in the brew would turn it more basic is my guess and reuin the brew ;) but add these to the dirt mix cacti and sand love egg shells and so does the other pots ;)
now I think the egg shells in the dirt will balance the acidic food water coming in ;) just a guess ;)

Ya its alot this early in the morning but no prob I needed the poke to get another brew together ;) So thank U :)
and I like how u left me a line inbetween the words are not staying still on the screen lol easier to see with space around it lol :)

In alll seriousness - if you actually need calcium in your soil after the garden is moving forward, you don't have to go and buy liquid calcium which contains EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) - pretty bad stuff.

A friendlier method is to simply crush egg shells, cover 3x with organic apple cider vinegar and let it sit for a couple of weeks - you'll have calcium in a liquid form that won't wreck havoc on your health.

If you roast the egg shells prior to soaking them in the vinegar you'll end up with calcium phosphate - again in a form that won't harm your or other living things.

Just an idea................

Cited from LD @ GC

Also egg shell + tea = dead microbes

MicrobeOrganics.com for the scoop on tea's, he's pretty much leading the field right now.

#22 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Now with the egg shells in soil
then tea fert diluted poured on top
is this killing microbes?

I always put egg shells in the soil for growing
but decided not to put them in the fert cause this would raise the ph and it wouldnt brew right (kill the brewing microbes?)

#23 SoooHaggard

SoooHaggard

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Now with the egg shells in soil
then tea fert diluted poured on top
is this killing microbes?

I always put egg shells in the soil for growing
but decided not to put them in the fert cause this would raise the ph and it wouldnt brew right (kill the brewing microbes?)

In the soil is completely fine, the microbes can break them down as they see fit, which is slowly over time.
A fert using cal in un-controlled amounts has a very good chance of throwing the soil mixes CEC off and locking up other elements blah blah blah

I honestly have no real facts besides experience using the cal extract I posted as a soil drench and not as a foilar spray, after which my mycelium that formed on my mulch was pushed deeper into the soil and away from the mulch.

I would like to look into that further but to many things!!

http://www.ars-grin....uke/plants.html

Insert any plant you use in tea's and you will get a list of it's compounds and elements found in each part of the plant in PPM.

#24 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Cool thanks PPM :) I think I can find different meter things at the home improvement flower store... I have to check that out I think It would get lots of use :)

#25 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

I made a new brew a few days ago and wanted to take note of what I used this time b4 I forgot ;)

Water
Spinach
Kale
Prickly pear skin
Molasses
my mushroom Amanita muscaria gussiowi
coffee grounds

I think that is all I placed it all in the blender and into a pop bottle that it all fit into
I will let the air out daily ....
Let it brew for a week or 2 and dilute it well b4 using it

I didnt test the ph this time as the brew is really dark and I wouldnt see the color well

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!