• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

was wondering if any other topians are on keto and what foods do you eat? getting tired of the same old things some suggestions would help.

Edited by opiwave668, 22 December 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#2 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Are you referring to a Ketogenic diet?

#3 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Well that's a diet I have never heard of if that is what your talking about so I would love to hear about it.

Otherwise I'm totally lost.

#4 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• Expired Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

I've done a lot of crazy things with my diet over the years.... ditching sugar, grains, and legumes as an energy source has been the best thing I have ever done (to reach MY pacific (current) goals). Indeed I prefer fat as an energy source, I like to fast a lot....

what are you trying to accomplish if I may ask?

#5 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

yea keto diet for pure fat loss and protein sparring effects
became interested when i read and article by heart docs says fats not bad
but a man can only eat so much bacon before becoming board
but "I" cant argue w the results of switching my body too run off fat/protein instead off sugar/carbs
i posted about this a few times but always get "censored" by"moderators"
srry if done wrong or in wrong spot long time reader new poster everything is imo ime
http://www.proteinpo...pid-hypothesis/

#6 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

fasting induces a form of ketosis imo
i just need more high fat foods too pick from
i had a hard time accepting high fat is all right but it looks like TO ME its ringing more true every day
i have a hard time cutting enough carbs/sugar to really stick to keto the way you should
but have had good sucsess with just lowering sugar/carbs
fat is filling and makes you feel full for longer imo
cuz it takes longer to break down imo
fats dont spike your blood sugar but carbs/sugar do imo
when your blood sugar is high "MY" boddy releases insulin to lower it to keep "ME" from dying
when insulin is up "MY" body stores execess energy as bodyfat
everything i say is imo ime
read up do some homework

#7 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

http://www.proteinpo...pid-hypothesis/

#8 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• OG VIP
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

everything i say is imo ime

read up do some homework

Kind of a contradiction there... if its IYO or IYE

Also.. fiber is a good way to feel "full" without eating much.
There are plenty of healthy fats as well like omega-3s and such.

Just my 2 cents... going to go read an do homework.

#9 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

i eat a lot of saturated fat and i quit taking my statin drugs am i going to die?
Guess we will find out/

#10 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

its hard to get the ime imo shiz right cuz i seem to break the rules all the time i dont mean to i just almost NEVER post
i now everything im saying is right and factual i just not allowed to be right so everything is imo/ime
and you have to look it up for yourself i just need more post prac maybe?
most of my posts dont make it through its frustrating but its my fault

#11 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

saturated fat is good
the only kind of fat that is bad chemically extracted man made fats from vegatables
theres no fat in corn if you put corn in a press and squeeze it you dont get corn fat or corn oil
fat comes from animals not veggies or at least it diddnt used too

#12 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

i eat 4 eggs scrambled w whole milk and on oz shedddcheddar 4 pieces of thick bacon and a dollop of sourcream
then uually two tins of tuna w about 4-6tbs mayo pepperoni and mozz sticks then 2 full fat hamberger patties wmore cheese then steaks or sausages w grean beans ps fiber is a carb but yes fiber is good you get to subrtact the grams of fiber from the grams of carbs to get the amount of carbs that your actually trying to keep track of i think its cuz you never use it remember it is fiber

#13 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

http://www.dsolve.co...ipid-hypothesis

#14 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

http://www.safeeggs....esis-continued/

#15 cym

cym

Forming Member

• OG VIP
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

a family member of mine is on the ketogenic diet to control seizures.
It's tough because this person also requires a gluten free diet...so hard to find stuff that's ok.

Diet consists of mostly fresh fruit and vegetables. Rice crackers and other snacks we find thats acceptable.

Anyway, it's been pretty effective.

#16 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

things i read today
''What right,'' Handler asked, ''has the federal government to propose that the American people conduct a vast nutritional experiment, with themselves as subjects, on the strength of so very little evidence that it will do them any good?'' NYtimes

If you work out the numbers, you come to the surreal conclusion that you can eat lard straight from the can and conceivably reduce your risk of heart disease.

This means that insulin falls so low that you enter a state called ketosis, which is what happens during fasting and starvation. Your muscles and tissues burn body fat for energy, as does your brain in the form of fat molecules produced by the liver called ketones.
Simply put, ketosis is evolution's answer to the thrifty gene. We may have evolved to efficiently store fat for times of famine, says Veech, but we also evolved ketosis to efficiently live off that fat when necessary.
Veech calls ketones ''magic'' and has shown that both the heart and brain run 25 percent more efficiently on ketones than on blood sugar.

#17 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

McDozd how did the homework go how do you feel about the USDA/AHA ???

#18 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Well that's a diet I have never heard of if that is what your talking about so I would love to hear about it.

Otherwise I'm totally lost.

A Ketogenic Diet is a muscle-sparing fat-loss diet that works by forcing the body into ketosis through carbohydrate deprivation. Ketosis is a state where the body converts fat into ketones that the brain can use for fuel when glucose (carbohydrates) is in short supply.

The way to make glucose less available is to simply restrict carbohydrate consumption to 30g/day or less. This can be achieved by gradually depleting glycogen storage (from the muscles and the liver) then training intensely and stopping eating all carbs. At that point, your liver will start producing ketones, so the brain has a fuel to work with, and if you consume no carbohydrates at all, the body will start converting protein into glucose (known as gluconeogenesis) as it will still need at least 30g glucose per day.

The main benefit of 'keto' dieting is that your body burns fat as it's primary fuel source. If you are calorie deficient, you will be burning off adipose body fat at a rate a higher rate than fat stores are being created. Therefore, the overall fat 5 should decrease. Another benefit for people in ketosis is that often, they eat significantly less than when they are eating carbohydrates. This is because protein and fat sources tend to keep you fuller for longer as they take longer to digest.

Ketodiets also naturally spare lean muscle mass, far more than normal diets, when adequate protein is consumed. Sparing lean muscle mass is incredibly important to dieters, as it helps to keep your metabolism from slowing down, which helps both in keeping the fat loss going, and with maintaining the fat loss once you're off the diet.

#19 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

I've done a lot of crazy things with my diet over the years.... ditching sugar, grains, and legumes as an energy source has been the best thing I have ever done (to reach MY pacific (current) goals). Indeed I prefer fat as an energy source, I like to fast a lot....

what are you trying to accomplish if I may ask?

lower my body fat/see some abs:eusa_danc before i start bulking/lifting again

#20 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

a family member of mine is on the ketogenic diet to control seizures.
It's tough because this person also requires a gluten free diet...so hard to find stuff that's ok.

Diet consists of mostly fresh fruit and vegetables. Rice crackers and other snacks we find thats acceptable.

Anyway, it's been pretty effective.

hey cym GLAD to here keto works for your loved one? i read that keto for seizures is mostly used for children
some q's if you dont mind
how long have they been in ketosis?
how many grams of carbs are consumed
what is their body fat %
thanx in advance

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!