• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• OG VIP
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

McDozd how did the homework go how do you feel about the USDA/AHA ???

GMOs, Mansanto, Siddiqui.. o my..

Government controlled sheet.. USDA is no different then any other..

#22 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

i ate 76% fat yesterday

included was
over a 1/4 lb of cream cheese
1/4 lb of bacon
6 oz of corned beef
3 servings of cheddar
2 oz ranch dressing
i also had whole milk salted butter and peanut butter

#23 cym

cym

Forming Member

• OG VIP
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Been on the ketogenic diet for four months. Body fat is prob 3-5% and usually the carbs dont exceed whats in a whole banana with a cup of gluten free pasta...sometimes much less.

Other foods that are staples are turkey meatballs, turkey bacon, and cheese.

#24 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

^^^
i dont know if could stop celebrating if got mine down to 6% WOW!!!!

feeling great and still making results:eusa_clap
down 8.2 lbs in last 9 days
down 34 lbs since starting keto
down 64 lbs total since i started my cut
have to force myself to eat enough calories
i am never hungry except when i first wake up
heard some of the veggie guys still starving
i feel bad for them i used to ALWAYS be hungry

you gotta love keto

if you dont eat meat cuz animal rights or whatever im fine with that
but if you dont eat meat cuz its "bad for you" then stop depriving yourself cuz its not actually "bad"

#25 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

two tins of tuna

Any fears about mercury overload?

The recommendations below are based on EPA's guidance and current estimates of average mercury content in the two most popular types of canned tuna:

• Canned white, or albacore (0.32 parts per million of mercury). Children up to age six can eat up to one 3-ounce portion a month; children ages 6–12, two 4.5-ounce portions a month. Adults, including pregnant women, can safely eat it up to three times a month (women, 6-ounce portions; men, 8-ounce portions). Luckily, some brands of canned or pouch albacore contain significantly less mercury than well-known national brands, since they use smaller, lower-mercury fish (see box).

• Canned light — the safer choice (0.12 parts per million of mercury). Children up to age six can eat it up to three 3-ounce portions per month. Older children and adults can safely eat it once a week. But products labeled “gourmet” or “tonno” may contain mercury levels comparable to canned white, since they are made with bigger yellowfin tuna. Therefore, watch out for this label and eat it less often.

http://www.edf.org/o...d-tuna-safe-eat

and here's another one.

For what it's worth - I make no claims as to the veracity of this information.

#26 blueprince

blueprince

b ן u ǝ p ɹ ı n ɔ ǝ

• Expired Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Sometimes on, sometimes off kinda thing over here. 1 of my favorite dishes is a tuna salad. Really simple too.

1 can tuna
1 stalk celery
1 med. sized carrot
1 red onion
Mayo
* cherry tomatoes
* Seedless grapes
* Sunflower seeds
* Olive oil

*optional ingredients

1) Mash tuna w/ mayo to prefered consistency
2) Finely chopped celery
3) Grate carrot, leave in fridge for 24 hours before use to build up anti-oxidants
4) Finely chopped red onion
5) Mix all together and serve cold as a salad or put between bread and toast w/ some grated cheese for a non-keto conversion.
6) Toss in sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced grapes, toasted sunflower seeds and generous spritz of olive oil for a more bulk and flavor-nuanced alternative.

Enjoy..

#27 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• Expired Member
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Read up on this Keto diet, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Your other thread makes much more sense now opiwave.

#28 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

A Ketogenic Diet Favorably Affects Serum Biomarkers for Cardiovascular Disease in Normal-Weight Men1
Matthew J. Sharman, William J. Kraemer, Dawn M. Love, Neva G. Avery, Ana L. Gómez, Timothy P. Scheett, and Jeff S. Volek2
+ Author Affiliations

Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110
↵2To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: [email protected].
Abstract

Very low-carbohydrate (ketogenic) diets are popular yet little is known regarding the effects on serum biomarkers for cardiovascular disease (CVD). This study examined the effects of a 6-wk ketogenic diet on fasting and postprandial serum biomarkers in 20 normal-weight, normolipidemic men. Twelve men switched from their habitual diet (17% protein, 47% carbohydrate and 32% fat) to a ketogenic diet (30% protein, 8% carbohydrate and 61% fat) and eight control subjects consumed their habitual diet for 6 wk. Fasting blood lipids, insulin, LDL particle size, oxidized LDL and postprandial triacylglycerol (TAG) and insulin responses to a fat-rich meal were determined before and after treatment. There were significant decreases in fasting serum TAG (−33%), postprandial lipemia after a fat-rich meal (−29%), and fasting serum insulin concentrations (−34%) after men consumed the ketogenic diet. Fasting serum total and LDL cholesterol and oxidized LDL were unaffected and HDL cholesterol tended to increase with the ketogenic diet (+11.5%; P = 0.066). In subjects with a predominance of small LDL particles pattern B, there were significant increases in mean and peak LDL particle diameter and the percentage of LDL-1 after the ketogenic diet. There were no significant changes in blood lipids in the control group. To our knowledge this is the first study to document the effects of a ketogenic diet on fasting and postprandial CVD biomarkers independent of weight loss. The results suggest that a short-term ketogenic diet does not have a deleterious effect on CVD risk profile and may improve the lipid disorders characteristic of atherogenic dyslipidemia.

#29 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,322 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:51 PM

Well it looks like my strange eating habits have led me to attempt to lose some weight this way. I eat plenty of keto friendly foods as it is but they get mixed in with just about everything else a person can grab and stuff into their face. As well a lazy habit of not eating until mid afternoon when I get home from work seemed to fit in nicely with the intermittent fasting that can benefit this process. At the start of the pandemic in an effort to save money I started eating less healthy food, more cheap tasty bread and drinking lots of 2% milk and I think it has caught up to me.

Going to have to make a bit of a stand here and try something, the gut has officially started to out grow all my t shirts this past year or so. Rather than upgrade my wardrobe another X this seems like something I can stick to for a little while at least. I think the mental trick it does on me works, thinking that if I cheat and have carbs it will reset the process and slow progress to a crawl.

Then try to stick to a sugar and bread reduced diet if I can actually shed some pounds as I don't think it will work long term for me. At some point I will have to down some double cheese burgers

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 13 April 2021 - 08:13 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!