• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Who else is making seed purchases already?
I'm going to place all my orders i'm hoping by the end of the week. I'll post what i'm ordering.

I planted last year: Jerusalem artichoke, asparagus, horseradish, lavender, blueberries, raspberries, thornless blackberries, hardy kiwi, black current

over the winter I propagated figs, i'm up to 12. I also picked up some cool stuff for the greenhouse that I'm trying to get to size up before summer when I can move them outside. Passionflower, two varieties purple and green. rosemary, sage, french taragon, shiso...and some other stuff I'm sure I can't think of at the moment.

And I also have a small passion for growing rare and unusual plants...here in my neck of the woods we're sitting on only a few inches of snow....but...I grow Meyer Lemon, Lisbon lemon, Kefir Lime, Piper nigrum, Vanilla pompona, and Cavendish banana.

So....who else is on the growing track already?

#2 wildturtle

wildturtle

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I just built my raised bed by the end of last summer in anticipation for the coming spring. I have invested in and saved many heirloom tomato varieties for my breeding program. I am just so excited for starting this year. I have some basil, cumin, fennel, marigold, peruvian purple corn, various petunia, pedro/bridgesii cacti hybrids and hot/sweet peppers. I am planning on ordering some sort of legume and squash to try out the three sisters agriculture that Native Americans used quite effectively.
  • *witchdoctor* likes this

#3 *witchdoctor*

*witchdoctor*

Witchdoctor

• Expired Member
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Still nothing fresh in happy pots, but soon new batch of Bhut Jolokia, Jalapeno, Red Savina, Cherry tomatoes, Basilicum, Coriander, Anis, Rosemary, Mint, Saffron, Oregano, Cumin, Majoran and much others will be prepared for seeding in heated greenhouse! From last year I have peyote (from one generous friend :bow:) , san pedro and many other cacti, more Bhut Jolokia, Banana - inside, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, plums, pears, apricots, peaches, apples, cherries, cherry, currant, strawberry, quince, cornel and much much other species who waits for Spring to wake up from winter dream and show their sweet beauty!

#4 Sickmanlives

Sickmanlives

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I am getting there. Things are different for me this year since I moved. I lost my backyard and garden. However, there is a community garden spot for rent and I will probably do that route. I did notice that Lowes has their seed section out already. That get's me excited.

#5 *witchdoctor*

*witchdoctor*

Witchdoctor

• Expired Member
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well I had that luck to live in house with extra large yard and greenhouse. Mostly in greenhouse is tomatoes,peppers,lettuce,pickles,and some of my sensitive plants. Outside we grow large variety of fruits and other vegitables like carrot, onions, potatoes, melons, water melons... Most of our product we use for ourself snd our neighbours and friends. In my countty it is not payable to live from that but we like to do that and to help our friends and family to live healtier!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!