• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

#21 Polyarcturus

Polyarcturus

one and only

• Free Member
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

thats a nice toy you got there what the wattage and what the ratio of white leds in it?

#22 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

It's lighter on the whites than I had originally planned when researching LEDs, but they also carry a lot of blue. So I decided to try this lay out:

nova_t9.jpg

It draws 305 watts

#23 Polyarcturus

Polyarcturus

one and only

• Free Member
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

perfect for flowering! nice hoping to build own some day soon

#24 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Yea, it is dedicated for flowering. I will likely snag a few blue cfl's and run them for when I am vegin into the screen.

#25 monkeybones

monkeybones

pothead

• Expired Member
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Dude, that light is so slick.

But I didn't find the name you put in the title on google. "FIAH ZI LAZER"

#26 dice

dice

Jack of all trades.

• OG VIP
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Dude, that light is so slick.

But I didn't find the name you put in the title on google. "FIAH ZI LAZER"

I'm not sure, but I think that meant "Fire the Laser"?!?

#27 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

^^^

I will tell you what it is, but I will also tell you more.

Ever Grow Nova series t9

But I have not grown anything with it, I have seen no reviews on this specific model, it is made and manufactured in china...but with high quality parts.

So this is in no way an endorsement, lets see what kinda bud it grows first.

#28 monkeybones

monkeybones

pothead

• Expired Member
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for the info mate0x. With the spectrum you chose I bet you will see some surprising results.

These days it does not feel dubious to me at all to buy electronics out of China.

I can't believe I didn't see FIRE THE LAZER. I had binoculars on for seeing the model of your lights :P

#29 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

[FONT=&]Yes, we've worked with many US and EU companies but it's unconvenient to reveal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]If you have interests, maybe we can cooperate.http://us.f1254.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f27317%5fAGviimIAAFrsUPdf4wyHn2%2f%2bkcY&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeoCL[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Ok, please let us know the results of comparing those two lights.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Do believe our light will bring a surprise to you.[/FONT]

^^

Pretty sure they make the LEDs for 'Hydro Grow LED' and 'Busy Bee LED' -> I can't actually confirm this, but I do believe, and I also suspect some others....like the agromax ones from HTG....might even add advanced LED to this list. Some of the model numbers are even the same.

Edited by mate0x, 16 January 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#30 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

^^

Pretty sure they make the LEDs for 'Hydro Grow LED' and 'Busy Bee LED' -> I can't actually confirm this, but I do believe, and I also suspect some others....like the agromax ones from HTG....might even add advanced LED to this list. Some of the model numbers are even the same.

nothing like being in the shoes of the SUPPLIER ;) what a racket they got going :) $$$$

#31 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

nothing like being in the shoes of the SUPPLIER ;) what a racket they got going :) $$$$

Yea, the whole market is a big scam right now.... All of the cost is in the dies and the heat sinks. The rest is pennies.

I see a unit sold by hydrogrow led, for 1,300$$, from the information given and the pictures I would say it's the same unit as I have. The only difference I see is that it runs 4 smaller fans compared to my 2 larger ones...but I left it on for a good while and the air coming out of the unit is cool.

http://www.hydrogrow...-Light-P86.aspx

http://www.evergrowl...tail.asp?id=316

Other than the back plate, and #/size of fans.... it's the same thing. Both have 3 year factory warranty.

From the hydrogrow led site "

Thanks to our ever-growing engineering and development team who work continuously throughout the year to advance our technologies, we are proud to say that X2 is the most powerful horticultural grow light in the world.

Is that a silly hint? I hope not.

Edited by mate0x, 17 January 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#32 MeriwetherLewis

MeriwetherLewis

Explorer & Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Dude - You said, and I quote "I just read alot...." You are a gardener! :bow:

#33 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

This is what will be the mom space, because I can't vent it. I let the light run for hours, and the temp in the space didn't really change - a degree but that could be anything. Likely just the meter.

Where you see a hand in the picture is the point at which my skin could not determine any differences in temperature.

I will likely have to heat the flowering space during cold periods, I am going to try to use the forced hot air to start.

hand.JPG

Wear sunglasses.

** Looking at the pictures again, I can see it is too close to the back wall. Part of the cone of light is projected on it, my eye didn't notice that

Attached Thumbnails

• door.JPG
  • 100_4681.JPG

Edited by mate0x, 20 January 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#34 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

hay man how loud is the fans? just curious

#35 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

audible for sure, but not loud.

They move a good amount of air, its mostly air noise you heat

#36 MeriwetherLewis

MeriwetherLewis

Explorer & Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

audible for sure, but not loud.

They move a good amount of air, its mostly air noise you heat

...which thankfully can be almost anything...

#37 ConsciousFeeder

ConsciousFeeder

Too rich the rich king.

• Expired Member
  • 920 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Damn that picture with the door closed kinda puts it in perspective how bright it is. Lots of light leakage! Can't wait to see it in it's home.

#38 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Damn that picture with the door closed kinda puts it in perspective how bright it is. Lots of light leakage! Can't wait to see it in it's home.

I'm quite used to the 1k hps, this little 305 watt drawing LED panel seems brighter. Obviously the footprint is tiny in comparison.

#39 ConsciousFeeder

ConsciousFeeder

Too rich the rich king.

• Expired Member
  • 920 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Indeed. You'll make up the difference in initial cost pretty quickly I assume with the lower wattage consumption. :thumbup:

#40 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Indeed. You'll make up the difference in initial cost pretty quickly I assume with the lower wattage consumption. :thumbup:

Absolutely! The real benefit is not worrying about heat building in that small space and the costs associated. Watt / square foot the HPS is about the same, PAR/watt LED is way higher.... what we are not positive about yet is the PUR/watt. (Usable radiation) Because people are claiming similar or better quality, but still lower yields.

I use a considerable amount of electricity (Even in the winter) running an air conditioner and fan, at the 1k space.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!