• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Machinamentum

Machinamentum

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:19 PM

And i was eating alot of E at that time.. So now i dont take E anymore.Witch i think is a good thing. I think that good pills are hard to come across. So i just save my money.

#42 grimblegrumble

grimblegrumble

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:24 PM

Have you tried preloading with 5-HTP?
I can't say for sure if it works, but the guy in the link further up in the thread sure claimed it did.
I have been taking it everyday since I started rolling a lot and I still get off great everytime.

#43 Machinamentum

Machinamentum

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

i rember that i have had 5-HTP but i dont think that i was would take enough. I would take it after i rolled or took my pill. And i don't take any ssri's of any kind. Maybe if i take 5-HTP every day but i come across pills so infrequently now that I dont have any 5-HTP.

#44 grimblegrumble

grimblegrumble

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:28 AM

Damn!
What a night!
I did a traditional candyflip for the first time.
Lucy X7 first 3+ hours, then Molly 400mgs strong.
i was in public the entire time.
It was hairy at moments to say the least, but I survived.
Somehow I lost my keys and had to call my soon to be xwife at 4AM to get my xtra key.
She wasn't happy, but I was.;)

#45 new2funguy

new2funguy

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

u cant od on striaght mdma

#46 Mycorama

Mycorama

Fungitarian

• Expired Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:54 AM

i used 5-HTP after every time i thizz. it makes a big diffrence with your hangover the next day.
i dont like to take the 5-HTP before the thizz though, too much seratonin isnt good...

#47 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:59 AM

u cant od on striaght mdma

Please try not to give false info here. It can result in others bieng hurt.

"The LD50 of MDMA ranges from about 100-300 mg/kg in assorted rodents. The single-dose LD50 in humans can only be guessed at, but may be on the order of 10-20 mg/kg (oral.) One recent press report claims a ten year-old girl died after taking at least five 'ecstasy' tablets. Assuming the girl weighed about 40 kg (88 pounds) and the pills contained about 70 mg of MDMA each (and no other drugs), she died from a dose of roughly 9 mg/kg."

#48 JBB

JBB

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:06 AM

Tolerance isn't an issue with MDMA. If it is, it's extremely low. If you want to blow ass up, then take double the amount you already have. I've eaten beans 4-5 days a week for 2-3 years straight and never really noticed a decline in the effects of the drug. That's using the same pills or molly for some period of time too. Now mixed with mushrooms I wasn't impressed with the effects. I've never done it with acid.

Havn't you noticed the dreaded "losing the magic" lazlo? Shulgin says if you take it more often than 4 times a year you'll permanently lose the magic.

#49 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

Do not waste your money on 5HTP! It does not, and can not work pharmacologically by itself. When you take 5HTP, it is converted into serotonin OUTSIDE of your brain. However, this is completely useless because serotonin does not readily penetrate the blood-brain barrier (in order to have an affect, a drug [or any psychoactive substance] must be able to cross this barrier- fattier molecules such as nicotine and THC are good at this) and is broken down by the enzyme L-AA decarboxylase.

In order to get any effect from 5HTP it must be taken with an aromatic L-AA decarboxylase inhibitor (This combination is sometimes used as an anti-depressant outside the U.S.). This will allow serotonin into the brain more readily.

Moral of the story: do not waste your money on 5HTP, that is unless you can get your hands on a L-AAD inhibitor (I'm not sure about availability in the US), and even if you can, be careful because I am not sure how the inhibitor will affect absorption of other drugs.

(This is how I understand it from pharm class the other day. I will ask about this again tonight to make sure though).

#50 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

Do not waste your money on 5HTP! It does not, and can not work pharmacologically by itself. When you take 5HTP, it is converted into serotonin OUTSIDE of your brain. However, this is completely useless because serotonin does not readily penetrate the blood-brain barrier (in order to have an affect, a drug [or any psychoactive substance] must be able to cross this barrier- fattier molecules such as nicotine and THC are good at this) and is broken down by the enzyme L-AA decarboxylase.

In order to get any effect from 5HTP it must be taken with an aromatic L-AA decarboxylase inhibitor (This combination is sometimes used as an anti-depressant outside the U.S.). This will allow serotonin into the brain more readily.

Moral of the story: do not waste your money on 5HTP, that is unless you can get your hands on a L-AAD inhibitor (I'm not sure about availability in the US), and even if you can, be careful because I am not sure how the inhibitor will affect absorption of other drugs.

(This is how I understand it from pharm class the other day. I will ask about this again tonight to make sure though).

**EDIT: Correction to my previous post** Ok, I just checked with my prof. and L-AA Decarboxylase is the enzyme that converts 5HTP to serotonin outside the brain. Serotonin can't get through the blood brain barrier (and thus cannot get to the brain). So, if L-AA Decarboxylase is inhibited, the 5HTP is NOT converted to serotonin outside the brain. Unlike serotonin, 5HTP IS able to cross the blood brain barrier. Once in the brain, 5HTP is then converted to serotonin.

So once again: 5HTP will not work unless taken with a L-AAD inhibitor so do not waste your money.

#51 merk

merk

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:06 AM

Not to argue with anyone, but I have heard that molly isn't straight mdma, but mda..or mde. I can't remember which one, but it was one of those two, but not mdma. Did I hear wrong? I guess it always depends cause white powder could be just about anything.

I Am Me: If you're looking from homegrown teks on mdma, check the rhodium archives on erowid. If you can't find them there, just search google for rhodium.

#52 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:01 AM

MDMA which has never been pressed is often called Molly.

#53 lysergic

lysergic

Down on the Pharm

• Expired Member
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:00 AM

usually "molly" refers to pure mdma. "molly" is short for molecule.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!