Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

6 oz of butter two days in a row working on the half pound mark :eusa_whis

#282 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

ive been thinking about when the doc put me on statins gave me a blood test to check vit d levels didnt even mention lipid panel/thyroid panel they ran said well your levels are low as i suspected we dont get enough sun here take some vit d said my cholesterol is high what have i been eating lately

:lol::o
i explained how recently i went on a bacon binge in the last month trying to show someone how to make biscuits and gravy and i make it 2 lbs of bacon at a time (cook 1lb and throw out the grease and then cook the second lb and reserve the fat to make a roux out of with flour by eye and then add milk to right thickness usually 3-4 qts i put that on top off hot biscuits ripped in half enough to cover a large dinner plate in discs i think around 5-6 with way way more gravy than biscuits you eat plenty of gravy after the biscuits are long gone) doc asked how many times we made it
:horse:
more than i can remember 10-15 the only other thing i remember eating was macaroni
doc says well i dont think your going to have a heart attack right now but your chances of having one in the next ten years is high im going to write you a script for statins to lower your cholesterol and i want you to eat less animal products especially red meat

:(is fish alright

yes you should eat more chicken and fish instead of red meat they have less cholesterol

doc never gave me a chance to even see if i could keep it under control with diet it was pills first and diet second never ran my blood a second time too even see if they work for me no follow up to see anything just a lecture about my bad diet
:spank:
i run out of statins and ask doc for more doc wont do it with out blood work im guessing because i was on them for a year and a half without even checking what that amount of statins was doing to me and my lipid levels

by this time my total cholesterol raised from 241 to 290 the nurse loses it and tells me it way to high i tell the nurse im trying to lower it with my diet she asks if im even taking my cholesterol pills i said no the doc wont fill them yet she says that my diet isnt going lower my cholesterol that i have hypercholesterolemia and my liver makes to much cholesterol no matter what i eat the doc comes out and writes new script for statins

i start thinking about this my liver makes more cholesterol if i dont eat enough
liver makes it because i dont have enough maybe i need more than other people
i dont fill the script and wait it out since my diet apparently dosent matter and see where i level out at

i get the blood work the nurse freaks my total cholesterol is now 309 not 200 like they want the nurse asks me agian am i taking my meds it should have went way down not up
i say no i didnt fill the script and am not on them:neutral:

after 12 weeks finally get official call from them my blood work is to high and later in life im practically going to be stroked out forever :dead: fear mongers

well i say if my diet dosent affect my lipids and my liver is supposed to make cholesterol and you dont think im going to have a heart attack then why do i have a STATIN DEFECIENCY

#283 Ilia

Ilia

mycophILIAc

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Oi ...
have a read through this thread and make sure to research all the suggestions(books too) and terms they throw out there well.
It covers current hypotheses, impact of drugs, kinds of fat, diet, etc and how it all relates to cholesterol . Nice start into the problem at the least :
http://forum.bodybui...ead.php?t=79827

Good luck ! Research is your friend :)

#284 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

so ive been having a hard time trying to figure out exactly how much more likely im to develop cvd everything just says increased risk or at high risk finely i read that for every point reduction in cholesterol you lower your risk 2-5%

so my risk is 218-545% higher than it could be

if cholesterol blocks arteries but my trigs(fat in blood)are low and my hdl is good then how can i be laying fat down in my veins which is what my doc said i should be worried about:eusa_thin

so many things in life we just go around dealing with never questioning just accepting them with age i never had any problem sleeping before dealing with severe pain despite all the insomnia ive dealt with since the chronic pain problem i never really had a lot of dreams but i started having terrible night terrors/mares when i was a kid i would have a nightmare rarely but if i did it was falling but started having ones about violence dismemberment mutilation ect waking up gasping for air freezing completely drenched in sweat happening almost nightly sleep with fresh linnen nearby and a nice towel

after a camping/drinking trip that was extra wet and cold i developed numbness and tingiling in my toes:( great i chalked it up to my worsening condition dealing with it like the many other things starting to go down hill

well my toes dont feel like pins anymore;)
i woke up the other night just scared to death and thought to myself i havent had that happen since i stopped taking my statin except that time

i used to get restless leg too makes you wonder how many could have been side effects of all the drugs

drugs to treat your drugs is a joke when its not you taking the drugs

im going to go back to the doc and im going to think of some hard questions
going to ask what doc what drugs they take ask for particle size test and to check for actual plaque in my arteries

im not going back on them but ill tell the doc ill consider it if they can prove i need it by ordering all the tests i want;)

#285 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

last three days been hell so much shit going on
diet gone completely out the window:(
just cheeseburgers and peanut butter for the most part
yesterday i had 5 day before 6 and the day before that 8 doubles
big jar of peanut butter someone gave me day two days ago almost gone
almost no sleep shits going to take some hours doing work into the wee hours
this is the wrong time for everything to go crazy at the same time really taxing my ass:dead:

#286 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

thought about eating bread and now it just seems unreal to me like fake kinda like foam or rubber or plastic or filler or something i bought a burgerf or someone else and you couldnt even see the meat on it the buns were so big you eat two and thats a little meat and lots of buns and lettuce no real flavor by comparison to meat or cheese after you get over getting your hands dirty or using silverware to eat fast food you just feel kind of cheated when they try to sell you buns

aaahh i want food bread is what keeps your hand from getting dirty well get over it or use some silverware food on a stick is super popular cuz buns blow

i think when i order burgers now im going to tell them to throw the buns away for me just take out the buns you normally would have used and toss em right in the bin for me hahaha

#287 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

stepped on the scale today and it wouldnt work
is this a sign:space:

#288 BKeith

BKeith

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

When I was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes in 2006 (It's my 7 year anniversary!) the first thing the Dr. did was admit that he didnt' know squat about it, got a book out, and wrote me an open 'script to go get pills from the pharmacist next door. Greg can fix it, he said.

I was like, WTF?

At once, I realized that the last five years or so of ADA/AHA proper food and hearty healthy shit was what had me over 200 lbs. on a small 5'8" frame with a 38" waist. I had been doing it all right, so why was I fat and diabetic?

All my food was loaded with sugar, corn syrup, and no fat. I threw out all that shit. I went and got me some real meat from the butcher. I lived off the garden, then I began reading labels in the fall. I went to a 31" waist, 149 lbs, and put back to 155 lbs. in 'remodeled' muscle, etc. Yeah, I went low carb, and more natural. I later found they call this "Paleo", although I do have a treat now and again like a no-sugar-added ice cream. Just not every day.

My weight has been stable for years, I feel good. And I take NO meds for diabetes. You might say I drove it into remission. My A1C went to 5.3 from double digits, and no more drinking up 20 bottles of soda or water or tea a day. No more urgent bathroom runs.

Anymore, I think the doctors are taught wrong in school. It's all about making money.

Type-2 in adults is soooooooooooooo easy to fix, it's ridiculous. (If your pancreas isn't shot to hell!)

But as far as suffering on a low carb diet? Nope. Plenty of things to make. I eat well, and I eat a lot. It's all in staying off the fake food that the ADA etc. would have you eat.

#289 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

double digit A1C wow
congrats man really great job tons of people taking meds everyday trying to accomplish what you have

the "diabetic association" really does want you to eat carbs they say whole grain but its still spikes glucose insulin my diabetic friend explained to his old lady that just because there isnt sugar doesnt mean that it wont raise your glucose she tells me see if you eat lots of bread or flour that raises it to then the old man tells me all about how carbs are your fuel and its a required evil i then inform him i have regularly consuming under 10 grams of carbs a day he cant believe it he says well you wont be able to continue for long i tell him i have been under 30g for four months and under 10g for two he know thinks im bat shit crazy he says ive become one of those crazy hippies who think the man is trying to keep them down i just laugh and say yea the corporations man fucking big pharma:tinfoil:

sometimes i think that i was becoming type 2 from the constant thirst and urination kidneys trying to lower glucose if i dont drink a lot then there is no more frequent urination used to wake up in the night having to urinate just one of the many things i never realized was wrong just accepted it and chalked it up to being normal just something people deal with

i used to think i had a good doctor one that was proactive and not reactive likes to treat things early so you dont wind up in the er which used to be a regular thing with me always been sickly having chronic conditions this doc shares some of the same illnesses and would always get you in fast and treat your problems aggressively know i see the doc is really just quick to write a script for meds i asked doc how long will i have this problem
problems like yours dont just go away people take the meds FOREVER
condition #1 have forever may be able to reduce meds
condition #2 have forever meds forever
condition #3 have forever meds when needed
condition #4 have forever meds usually forever

condition #1and#2 gone condition #3 intermittent condition #4 no longer concerns me

i have dropped 6 prescription drugs against doctors advice and for the most part just go in for diagnostics
(can i borrow your machine doc):teeth:

#290 BKeith

BKeith

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Diabetes is Big Pharma's wet dream come to life.

All they have to do is teach low-carb / Paleo and you've got a huge chunk of it whipped.
I've even talked to Type-1's who've gone that route, take a long-lasting shot in the AM, and they're good all day long. No highs, no lows.

But, there's a LOT of money to be made in drugs, test strips, meters, A1C tests, and Dr. visits to tell you to keep doing what is killing you.
If they make you better, they go out of business, so they just string you along in misery.

I was so impressed this season with one of the little boys I do baseball photos for. I saw his MedicAlert ID bracelet, and he went Type-1 last year. The local children's hospital kept them all there for 3 days, teaching them all about it, and ordered the kid put on a low-carb diet! They flat out told him to eat nice fat meat and NO grains whatsoever! I still can't get over it! :)

I, too, eliminated a raft of issues like chronic headaches, bronchitis every year, if not twice, chronic sinus issues, infections, allergies, and constipation. All gone inside of 60 days, maximum with the diet.

Best wishes on your own journey! :)

#291 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Changed the thread title back to original as requested earlier.

#292 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

[Direct Link]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=4HIHtZo6GTw

#293 opiwave668

opiwave668

HDL 51 mg/dl

• Expired Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

if you want something done right do it yourself
tired of trying to find acceptable foods that havent been tampered with its really frustrating they always add shit
cant take it back out rule number one in kitchen
ive only made cheese twice and the second time diddnt go so well but looks like i have no other choice

feel like have to start at step one of the whole ordeal
if i want ranch on my salad first need to find acceptable cream and milk then culture milk wait for butter milk to culture cream with and wait for sour cream to mix with more buttermilk and wait i forgot the mayo:eusa_wallyoull need acceptable eggs and acceptable oil and a good whisking arm just for one fucking salad and thats if you dont want any cheese in that:mad:

aspiring microbial master:eusa_pray

#294 rainbowsmurf

rainbowsmurf

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:10 AM

troll.jpg Wow, are you on the supersize Atkins diet???

Gotta say I was a little disappointed when I read the topic. I thought I was going to find fellow trolls  :mellow:

My daughter called me a fat little troll this morning in a temper tantrum, which I thought was very funny, given I am small, rounded and do indeed have wild hair, that said, me laughing made her even more furious....

Good vibes were restored in the form of me finding a fat little troll doll and dumping it on her bed with a note that said, 

This fat little troll loves you x

• Juthro likes this

#295 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

Rock & Troll

Edited by hyphaenation, 04 September 2016 - 11:28 AM.

#296 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

Lots of trolls, lol:

[Direct Link]

Edited by MLBjammer, 04 September 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#297 GORF

GORF

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

You did alright on bacon and eggs

Kinda weak on the cheese and beef. Poor showing on pork.
But Come ON man. Only 2 oz. of sour cream? 2 oz. Of RANCH?

My God! You had 9 days! 9 whole entire, 24 hour long days! And that was all you could muster?

I'll remember that next time I throw a Texas size BBQ. Hell boy. I bet you could triple that butter serving with a single chili&cheese baked potato.

You did ask for honest, right?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!