• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 gguuyy

gguuyy

stuknthesky

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

Well I think my trips may be at an end because the last two have been horrible.

I have always had good learning experience's before and had fun doing it but the last two times it has just been an overwhelming since of fear.

I think I took to much the time before last.i didn't weigh it but I would guess between 5 to 7 grams dry.It hit fast and strong and I thought I had died.I saw all the bad things I had done in my life playing over in an eternal loop and that god had tried to show me the way but I didn't follow.I saw myself as a selfish jerk that done nothing for anyone but myself and I felt sorrow and a hopelessness that I had never experienced and when I finally came to I didn't see shrooms in the same light I did before or myself for that matter.

It was a very terrifying experience but I still seen it as an experience and I learned a lot about myself so I waited 2 years and decided to try again and see if I could have a more pleasurable learning experience by taking a smaller dose(1 1/2 grams) but this time it was not as terrifying but I had thoughts that I may die,I couldn't focus or think properly,I could hear everything breathing,when people would talk it was like my brain would only pick random words but it would make a sentence about something sinister and weird.

I took pain pills both times before the trip maybe that had something to do with it.

This last time I did some research on what to do before hand to help so I didn't eat for 8 hrs,I drunk some oj before and during,I tried to meditate for awhile,and I said a prayer but it didn't help.I tried not to think of the bad trip I had previously but it's hard not to.I think I'll try it one more time in a few months but that'll be the last if it happens again.

So,if any of you awesome guys here at Myco could give me some pointers at what I should do it would be greatly appreciated and thank you all for taking the time to read this.I took homegrown B+ both times and that's what I'll have next also because that's all I can get or I would try a different strain.Thanks again everyone
  • Soliver and ScreamingEagle like this

#2 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 810 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think people here should have a lot of good advice.

I suggest meditation.

I also suggest you take a lower dose and come face to face with the same fear you had on your bad trip, and then move past it (in a safe place). How you move past it is for you to figure out.

Those two suggestions are what worked for me.

The reason for the lower dose is obvious and necessary. I won't ever face the same fear of my bad trips on higher doses. I intend to once I'm more confident in myself to keep delusion in check, but for now NO WAY.

#3 Jimothy

Jimothy

Narc'd with Narcosis

• Expired Member
  • 397 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

You might give this a read: https://mycotopia.ne...-bad-trips.html

Perhaps if you attempt a lower dose again, give yourself plenty of preparation time. Take time to reflect on what may have caused the bad experiences, and what you could possibly do to get around them and move on. Not sure about your lifestyle but diet and exercise have great benefits both physically and mentally. Perhaps try a different setting, for me an afternoon with a low dosage wandering around the woods really helps to clear my head of anything stale or bothersome. Moving to a low dose is an excellent start, you may also just need to give yourself a break from them and work on yourself, figure out why those feelings have bubbled up from the previous experience.

An excerpt from bigjimmy

Get completely at home with a dose, no
loose ends, no actions you can't explain,
just the peaceful afterglow of mushrooms.
Then, when you feel ready, (and you will KNOW
when it is right if you LISTEN to your inner voice,
if it ever does not feel right, either doing them, or the
dose, there is a reason you feel that way...listen!)
up the dose.
Then start again, until again comfortable,
and move on.

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll get yourself sorted out, just need to find the method.
Good vibes your way.
  • bigjimmy likes this

#4 monkeybones

monkeybones

pothead

• Expired Member
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

You said it yourself in your initial post: the shrooms are showing you everything wrong with you.

This is not some entity teasing you. This is your own opinion. All they have to work with is what is in your brain already.

This means that in order to move forward with this tool, you are going to have to confront the issues that they are showing to you.

Just think about it: if you work on correcting the negative aspects of your life causing the bad trips... not only will your life get progressively better, but so will the trips.
  • MeriwetherLewis likes this

#5 monkeybones

monkeybones

pothead

• Expired Member
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I am not saying you are a jerk. You need to be careful not to generalize. I am sure it was something more specific which makes you feel like a jerk. But we all know you're a good person, and so do you. So the task at hand is not as daunting as you may initially think.

The magic of the shrooms is that if you pay close attention, they are actually trying to be quite specific.

Instead of "I'm a jerk" you might take away something like "I need to be less touchy about that one topic. I have a tendency to snap or become defensive and people probably take that in a way I don't intend."

In my limited experience I have had similar thoughts during the peak. However, crying and admitting to myself that I have serious issues, seemed to alleviate the sinister thoughts enough to takes something out of the whole thing. I said to the shrooms "okay, okay, I get it. Go easy on me alright?" which seemed to get through through to the awakened part of myself holding my shortcomings over my head.

Singing to yourself, a song which warms you or reminds you of a peaceful time in your life, also does help to return a sense of control and get your mind off of fearful thoughts.
  • Wagenknecht likes this

#6 toadshroom

toadshroom

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Have you tried correcting the issues the teachers taught you?
They are powerful, not just when you partake of the sacrament.
They can be rough on you too sometimes, when you need it, but they won't ever give you a challenge you can't handle...(hmmm....seems like a bible verse there ;) )

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Tripping can be hell on me if I failed to do the homework my previous trip assigned. So long as I do my homework, I'm good. When I don't, it can really suck. Some part of you probably intuits what your homework assignment is, so focus on uncovering what that is and then do it before you dose again.

Once many years ago my homework consisted of getting in my nearly dead, POS car and driving over 1000 miles in February (I went up into the Rockies, too). I literally couldn't not do it; I ended a 7 gram trip with the absolute certainty that I had to make the drive ASAP. By then I knew to listen to those feelings so I made the drive and that's when I reconnected with my estranged father and we made our peace after a very rough couple of years. Sure freaked him out when he answered the front door since I neglected to mention I was coming and we hadn't spoken in years. If I'd blown that off and tripped again, I know it would've been really bad.

I always hated homework, dammit. But it's all part of the fun, I guess.

#8 gguuyy

gguuyy

stuknthesky

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thanks everyone.Im really not ready to give up yet because I do want to really learn more about myself and who I am.

I tried to prep better the last time but truthfully I didn't do all that I had intended to.The first bad trip happened while I was camping but I tried to fight it because it was so overwhelming and just intense as hell.Even tho things went south I still learned a lot.

This last one happened at my home,late night,and I was alone.

I think I will half the dose again and take a stroll thru the woods.Ill also wait for a few months.

Do you guys go at it alone or should I be with someone?I can usually take care of myself no matter how bad things get.But anyways thanks a lot for the advice and keep it coming?

#9 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,031 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I tried to prep better the last time but truthfully I didn't do all that I had intended to.The first bad trip happened while I was camping but I tried to fight it because it was so overwhelming and just intense as hell.Even tho things went south I still learned a lot.

Well that's good to hear. Not that is was hellish, but that you learned something. The hard part will be figuring out exactly what it is you learned and what to do with the information.

I've learned more about myself from the hellish nightmare trips than the fun dancing in the flowers ones myself.

This last one happened at my home,late night,and I was alone.

I can only speak for myself, but those late night in the dark all alone journeys tend to be the more intense. They can also be the most frightening.

Do you guys go at it alone or should I be with someone?I can usually take care of myself no matter how bad things get.But anyways thanks a lot for the advice and keep it coming?

Well, that's something you'll have to decide for yourself. What are you intentions when taking your dose? Are you looking to peer into the abyss that is your subconscious, or are you just looking for a good time? To me either is a legitimate reason for dosing.

Maybe lower the dose a bit too. While those frightening experiences can teach you a lot if you really pay attention, scaring yourself to the point of sucking your thumb and praying it will end soon isn't going to be very enlightening.

Drop the dose a bit and try and listen to what is being said/shown/taught/felt. Remember, this is all coming from you and your mind. If you can grasp what is going on and maybe make a little sense of it, then bump it up a bit.

As TV said, do your homework. Listen to what you brain/entity/mushroom god/whatever you believe is going on. If you don't deal with it, it will deal with you.

That's how I would go about it anyways.

Personally I don't care to trip with others outside of a selct few people if I'm on a journey to learn. Because of hightened senses, I easily become distracted from the lesson when others are around. For me, mushrooms are a more personal journeyto me anyways, whereas LSD or even mescaline are more social.

#10 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

You said it yourself in your initial post: the shrooms are showing you everything wrong with you.

This is not some entity teasing you. This is your own opinion. All they have to work with is what is in your brain already.

This means that in order to move forward with this tool, you are going to have to confront the issues that they are showing to you.

Just think about it: if you work on correcting the negative aspects of your life causing the bad trips... not only will your life get progressively better, but so will the trips.

Yup. Ten-four good buddy... What he^ said!

(I must spread some rep before giving it to Monkeybones again)

#11 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Well that's good to hear. Not that is was hellish, but that you learned something. The hard part will be figuring out exactly what it is you learned and what to do with the information.

I've learned more about myself from the hellish nightmare trips than the fun dancing in the flowers ones myself.

I can only speak for myself, but those late night in the dark all alone journeys tend to be the more intense. They can also be the most frightening.

Well, that's something you'll have to decide for yourself. What are you intentions when taking your dose? Are you looking to peer into the abyss that is your subconscious, or are you just looking for a good time? To me either is a legitimate reason for dosing.

Maybe lower the dose a bit too. While those frightening experiences can teach you a lot if you really pay attention, scaring yourself to the point of sucking your thumb and praying it will end soon isn't going to be very enlightening.

Drop the dose a bit and try and listen to what is being said/shown/taught/felt. Remember, this is all coming from you and your mind. If you can grasp what is going on and maybe make a little sense of it, then bump it up a bit.

As TV said, do your homework. Listen to what you brain/entity/mushroom god/whatever you believe is going on. If you don't deal with it, it will deal with you.

That's how I would go about it anyways.

Personally I don't care to trip with others outside of a selct few people if I'm on a journey to learn. Because of hightened senses, I easily become distracted from the lesson when others are around. For me, mushrooms are a more personal journeyto me anyways, whereas LSD or even mescaline are more social.

Where the hell have I been? ^Yup yup yup... all that^

And guess the fuck what?

(I must spread some rep around before giving it to Firerat again)

#12 Purple Mushroom Tip

Purple Mushroom Tip

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 686 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

good advice here, you clearly have some internal issues to deal with. You can lie to yourself sober but the mushrooms won't let you hide, you need to work it out. If you can't fix the past "wrongs" then work on doing future "rights". Good karma may not guarantee you good fortune but it will do wonders for your mental health.

Drop down the dose and work your way back up, follow Jimbos advice on dosage. The other option is to leave them alone until you're in a better place, mushrooms could be a distraction from real life for you.

#13 username420

username420

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Tripping can be hell on me if I failed to do the homework my previous trip assigned. So long as I do my homework, I'm good. When I don't, it can really suck. Some part of you probably intuits what your homework assignment is, so focus on uncovering what that is and then do it before you dose again.

Once many years ago my homework consisted of getting in my nearly dead, POS car and driving over 1000 miles in February (I went up into the Rockies, too). I literally couldn't not do it; I ended a 7 gram trip with the absolute certainty that I had to make the drive ASAP. By then I knew to listen to those feelings so I made the drive and that's when I reconnected with my estranged father and we made our peace after a very rough couple of years. Sure freaked him out when he answered the front door since I neglected to mention I was coming and we hadn't spoken in years. If I'd blown that off and tripped again, I know it would've been really bad.

I always hated homework, dammit. But it's all part of the fun, I guess.

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding!
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?!

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding!
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?!

Exactly!

And it's only thanks to the heavy-handed indoctrination that makes up a large part of our so-called "education" that doing homework or eating our meat (or veggies) is so onerous. Instead of seeing things like mental homework assignments or washing clothes or cleaning the toilet as essential parts of the proverbial fun, that indoctrination makes us associate doing our homework with some dimwitted pinhead telling us what to do for no compelling reason. People who like psychedelics tend to chafe in the presence of authoritarian bullshit, so at some level most of us probably have an aversion to inner work thanks to our past experiences with work in general, but it helps to remember that the homework I'm talking about is a kind we assign to ourselves, so there's no one to blame or feed excuses to when we don't do it.

#15 gguuyy

gguuyy

stuknthesky

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:20 AM

Its been some years since i went through these experiences and my feelings have changed. 

The first and only real "trip" was an intense and terrifying experience to say the least but that comes with knowing in those moments i had died. I had wasted my life wanting popularity and trying to impress all around me when the few that truly cared and needed me were neglected. I saw myself for who i was for the first time and thats not an easy pill to swallow.

I spiraled into the darkest parts of myself and still spend most of my time alone. I see how we were lead into a destructive lifestyle but most still believe its good. I see only selfish people in this world that kill each other than call it patriotic, noone wins this game in the end.

The truth is depressing as it gets especially when you see how it is supposed to be but know it will not change. Ignorance is truly bliss yet i would not go back to being another in the flock.

I was shown the path to happiness. Its no more than a decision one has to make. Decide to be kind to everyone you cross no matter how they act. If someones hungry and you only have one sandwich, offer the man half. If you see sadness put a hand out. We all are looking for the same thing in the end, sincere connection to each other, not the forced smiles that 99.9% seem to be wearing. I can see the souls through their eyes and ive yet to see one unbroken.

Thank you guys for this place. It changed my life in all aspects. I say exactly what i feel although ive learned that causes people to avoid me it seems. Noone likes to feel emotions ive found, but i try to help let go where i can. 

• onediadem, coorsmikey and Alder Logs like this

#16 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,423 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

If seeing the worst is the way to realize what has always been the best, how bad is it, really?  In truth, can one be sad? 

It takes nothing to be happy.

It takes something to be sad.

~Papaji

Edited by Alder Logs, 05 June 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#17 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,225 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

I took pain pills both times before the trip maybe that had something to do with it.

Narcotics and mushrooms aren't good friends.  One makes you feel better for no reason whatsoever while the other will allow you to feel better as long as you've dealt with some mental housecleaning. 

If you're carrying a monkey on your back and you're hoping to avoid that needy 'twinge' during a trip, try Kratom - it jives quite well with shrooms (in my opinion) and may get you away from those pills ...

:)

soliver

• onediadem and Psilocyduck like this

#18 Psilocyduck

Psilocyduck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

Narcotics and mushrooms aren't good friends.  One makes you feel better for no reason whatsoever while the other will allow you to feel better as long as you've dealt with some mental housecleaning. 

If you're carrying a monkey on your back and you're hoping to avoid that needy 'twinge' during a trip, try Kratom - it jives quite well with shrooms (in my opinion) and may get you away from those pills ...

:)

soliver 

This is immediately what I thought when seeing the post. I know it was originally posted years ago and replied to again, but the thought of mixing pain pills and mushrooms just didn't settle right with me mostly because I used to have a bad addiction to pain pills. It isn't a trigger for me or anything at all like that to mention, but with what I learned about pain pills after having some of my intestine removed (diverticulitis) - I realized those pills were doing at least some of the damage to me. However, between my DMT and Mushroom trips, I have realized when I prepare for them properly and treat it sacred it almost feels like the living plant/molecule is thanking me for that by sharing with me a blissful experience. Needless to say I have had only one bad trip so far in my life, the outcome was my own fault by being a first timer who didn't know about "Set and Setting" which I now treat sacredly. Just my thought on that and thanks for sharing yours in return gguuyy

Edited by Psilocyduck, 23 August 2018 - 11:15 AM.

#19 Wagenknecht

Wagenknecht

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:15 PM

Zombie thread! I actually thought this was a great post and overlooked it before.

Setting has a lot to do with trips, too. I had an experience similar to the OP.

I was lying on my bed, blanket covered and early morning light peaking through the curtains. I closed my eyes and became immersed in the music that flowed out of my phone. It took a lot of concentration to have any close eyes visuals outside of geometric patterns, but they were there. The black nothingness seemed to slowly take shape in the center to an orb. It morphed into a square, black box covered in chains. As I began to focus more the chains dissolved away and the box began to open. A red orb breathed and glowed in the center as it was hugged by this box. My spirit felt as if it left my body as my mind moved towards the orb and entered a new level of awareness. Inside were all my mistakes and problems laid out before God and those who had died before me. My life was on a loop. To me, this was the judgement seat and a preview of what was to come upon my true, physical death. Every sin, discomfort, and horrendous action I ever committed was on full display. I grew a lot from that experience, too. It drastically changed the way I approach my life from that moment forward. The whole experience was short lived, 4 minutes or so, but felt like hours. I was shoved back into my body, opened my eyes, and let all the emotions loose that I had just felt. It was shame... pure and unadulterated shame...

What did this for me was a strong combination of factors. The anxiety side of the psilocybin onset experience is one that is very strong for me. I struggle with anxiety daily but don't medicate for it. Allowing the anxiety to continue and not stopping it when I notice it - or distracting myself until it passes - allows me to fall into a spiral. In addition, I always trip with music or background white noise (dishwasher and clothes dryer). Music greatly affects our emotional states. This trip, however, I was listening to quite sad music that moved me down to my soul.

I also smoked some cannabis right before taking the mushie tea. This was a mistake as cannabis makes me question every life decision I ever made. I say to myself, "Remember when you were seven years old and did 'x, y, and z.'? Yeah, you're a bad person for that." It's tough and I stopped smoking for good since this mix of cannabis and psilocybin gave me a traumatic - but necessary - experience. 

Kim DeKorne talks about bad trips like this in his book - Psychadelic Shamanism. He goes on to talk about 'power objects'. While I am not in agreement on the metaphysical applications of this I do believe our subconscious puts emotional relevance on inanimate objects which comes out when we trip. These 'power objects' have emotional significance and can impact the way we perceive our trips. This is something I am exploring for myself next time I trip. Finding what objects we emotionally react to may allow us to change our perception mid trip by focusing or refocusing on a different 'power object' in order to obtain that emotional stability it represents. Happiness, anger, sadness, frustration, love, etc etc. The point is, preparation and setting are key.

Lastly, since I'm being long-winded.... (don't be afraid to TL:DR) Dopamine release on opiates greatly diminishes the overall experience on psilocybin. It will stop the release and absorption of dopamine leaving only Cortisol - the stress hormone - active. You can imagine what a huge dose of Cotisol can do to the Ego, especially during an Ego Death. I second Kratom (maeng da) during trips but from my experience ego death is not possible with kratom and if communing with God is a priority I have felt more seperated when mixing the two and trying to commune)

Edited by Wagenknecht, 17 September 2018 - 01:17 PM.

• Soliver likes this

#20 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

That opiates appeared in the analysis at all is telling.

Clearly they are the gents' mind. Maybe he has an opiate problem nagging at his conscience, maybe he doesn't. But if he does it's likely to pop up during the self examination.

If the OP is still around -  take what the trip has shown you and do what know is right to use that information.

Been there and done that. Once you've cleaned house you'll feel better about being alone with your thoughts.

Edited by pharmer, 17 September 2018 - 02:58 PM.

• Soliver likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!