#361 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

I have just finished listening to my recording of last night's CtoCAM interview with William B. Scott by weekend host, Las Vegas reporter, George Knapp.  I wish the 80 minutes of content from this program were available, as it is better than anything else I can find online.  CtoCAM used to make their programs available for free.  Those days are gone.  Hopefully someone will post the audio of this interview somewhere.

#362 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

http://www.truth-out...ming-the-police

"The public servant should be subject to the public eye. Private individuals should be able to maintain our privacy."
  • Sidestreet and Spooner like this

#363 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

Cleaning out the car yesterday, I discovered a jury summons that had been mistaken for junk mail.  So, I am already late in responding to this official summons. I started filling out the questionnaire last night and was grumbling a bit that the last time I did this should have ended this issue.  So, waking up and thinking about this at three in the morning, the wheels started turning and I could see there would be no more sleep last night.   I got up and looked up the email address for the court clerk to get her off my back.

========================

To XXXXX X. XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX County Clerk

Dear Ms. XXXXX,

I would like to ask that your office keep records of the past forms you send out for jury summons.  I have been awake since three AM from my PTSD over this obviously computer generated summons.  I don't need this, troubling events replaying in my mind.  I don't need to feel the threat of power over me by our so-called "justice" system.  This system did not protect me, but rather, protected my attackers, for their connections to the XXXXXX County Sheriff's Dept.  

You don't want me in your court, expressing my honest contempt, with grounds. So please stop calling me in there.  In any case, I will always be rejected out by the prosecutor, if I were not already dismissed by the judge for speaking my truth about the flaws in the system (these will always be officially denied).  Speaking my truth could likely get me a contempt charge (I've been cautioned by judges for this in the past), for while the contempt is fully justified, it can be summarily declared a crime.  My PTSD doesn't make me a coward.  Trust me, no one there wants me to tell my personal truth in the open.

It wasn't only the physical attack (retribution for a letter to the editor of The Weekly Wipe) that led to my official PTSD diagnosis, it was the discovery that I was not protected by the Sheriff's Dept., or the prosecutor, who were instead protecting my attackers.  It was more the latter, that led me to stop living on my own property and go into virtual hiding elsewhere for thirteen years.  Now I'm still not on my own property, as it is on the county road where the attack took place.

I told your office last time I received this summons about my bad prostate, and how it would require repeated interruptions of any trial for me to have bathroom breaks.  Do you have that form on file?  Does anyone there think I have gotten over this since then?  I will add here that I have bad short term memory, and can't remember the characters' names from one scene to the next in a movie.  I would make for a terrible juror, even if I could believe that anything like justice comes from this system that protects power and can crush the powerless.

I just try to go along on an even keel.  After my experience with the local law enforcement and court system, I went from someone who loved to travel more than anything, to someone who never goes anywhere if possible.  Thank you very much. 

I am of a non-violent philosophical bent.  I have never been arrested, though I have been harassed and held for no good reason (walking the sidewalk with long hair past two bored cops, in a donut shop of all places).  I have been held for hours without arrest because I had the same first and last name, but the totally wrong age and middle name, as someone in the computer from another state. 

I am an honorably discharged war veteran (an illegal war {aren't they all?}).  Please consider that I have done enough and should be left to live out my remaining years without reminders of what this system can do.  I am a skinny 68 years old and not overtly bothering anyone. 

Please keep a record of this, that I may be left in peace.  Please don't send deputies out here for my own good, just because of tone of this letter.  I am okay if not reminded of my history with law enforcement and justice.  I will come into the courthouse and pay my taxes and licenses, and I will probably be cheerful and polite.  I can do that.  I probably cannot go into a courtroom and not speak of the sham I know it to be. 

Sorry for the venting.  Please don't take it personally.  We are all divine spirit.  It's just hard to remember that when we get to be somebody, or something.  I don't want to be that history I have just written of.  I am not that.  I am most happy when I am nothing, nobody.  This is my highest calling at the moment.

I hope I can be left in peace in these matters and not receive any further reminders that set off my PTSD symptoms.

A. Logs

• wildedibles and Spooner like this

#364 Mind

Mind

• Free Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

Looks like the good did multiply, let the real ones.

#365 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

[Direct Link]

http://www.truth-out...ming-the-police

Edited by Alder Logs, 13 May 2015 - 02:28 PM.

• Spooner likes this

#366 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

[Direct Link]

• Spooner likes this

#367 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

Kids in bating suits?

How paranoid do you have to be to consider teens in bathing suits as a threat to your life which requires pulling a handgun for your own protection?

I actually feel sorry for any cop who lives in such perpetual fear that they feel a need to beat up teen girls in bikinis.  

That man needs help and perhaps a mum to look under his bed at night to check for monsters.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#368 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

That situation was a total clusterfuck. 

The police shouldn't be so heavy-handed when dealing with ANYone. But they're trained to watch where people's hands are. When he grabbed the girl and put her on the ground, the guy who ran up to him acting like he was going to intervene made a quick motion with his hand towards his back, which the cop interpreted as a threat (which it technically was).

Notice how he re-holstered his weapon once that guy ran off being chased by the other cop. So, in a sense the cop reacted appropriately to his perception of a possible threat. BUT, the situation only got to that point because the cop was being a totally unreasonable dickhead, so it's pretty much a wash as far as that particular moment was concerned. As to why the police where there at all, that's a whole separate issue unto itself too complicated to go into here (you're welcome, lol).

It used to be that people might gather around and express strong (but only verbal) disapproval of something the police were doing (especially when it involved someone being forcefully arrested). But we seem to be getting to the point where more people are willing to take it a step further when they perceive that the police are overstepping their bounds. The kid who ran up to the cop in this incident looked like he pulled back from body-checking or flat-out tackling the cop at the last second, possibly due to noticing that his backup had arrived on the scene.

We're probably only a few more incidents away from the point where onlookers will not pull back at the last moment anymore. When that tipping point is reached, the police will either have to back-off a bit on their heavy-handedness to defuse things between them and the general public OR they will go full-meathead and demand absolute, unambiguous dominance of every scene they're involved in (all for "officer safety" of course, which should be secondary to citizen safety but that's how backwards things have become). If police start doing crap like approaching scenes with their guns proactively drawn, cuffing everyone present until they "sort things out," making all routine traffic stops into "felony stops" and so on then it'll get REALLY ugly very quickly since many people have obviously already had enough.

• Green (E) likes this

#369 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,892 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

All 50 US states fail to meet global police use of force standards, report finds.

http://www.theguardi...andards-amnesty

Every state in the US fails to comply with international standards on the lethal use of force by law enforcement officers, according to a report by Amnesty International USA, which also says 13 US states fall beneath even lower legal standards enshrined in US constitutional law and that nine states currently have no laws at all to deal with the issue.

The stinging review comes amid a national debate over police violence and widespread protest following the high-profile deaths of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri; 43-year-old Eric Garner in New York; 50-year-old Walter Scott in South Carolina; and 25-year-old Freddie Gray in Baltimore – all unarmed black men killed by police within the past 11 months.

#370 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:04 AM

https://mycotopia.ne...r/#entry1249903

• Juthro likes this

#371 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

Let's not forget that there actually are good cops. How would you like to try to work in that environment where everyone mistrusts you, your own colleagues act like assholes, and you get paid shit. I have family members who do this job, and I don't know how they do it today. Frankly I think their job is a shit sandwich any way you look at it.

#372 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:46 PM

It's supposed to be much worse today with most new cops coming out of the Middle East and South Asia wars, still with the military, urban warfare, mindset.

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 November 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#373 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

Prophetic thread. Remember the good ol' days of 2013 (when this thread began) when the police were merely not our "friends," unlike now when they seem to be becoming proactive enemies of the less-than-1%?

post-102948-0-91391500-1469296089.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 17t2et.jpg

• Juthro and Spooner like this

#374 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

[Direct Link]

Remember the movie, The French Connection?  The same thing happened to the evidence from that case in NY.   To that date, it was the largest law enforcement recovery of heroin ever.  All of it went back out on the streets, sold by NY cops!

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 August 2017 - 03:26 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#375 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:32 AM

What a shame that "Cops are your friends" has become a punch line to a joke for me and so many others.

#376 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,668 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

The question that keeps coming back to me is, who would want a job that gives one such power over others?    What psychological profile would be drawn there?   If the actual motivation was to help others, what happens to one having that profile in the company of the other over a number of years?   Why doesn't the good cop often rat out the bad one?   If good cops remain silent, they are no longer good cops.   If someone enforces bad laws, they are either stupid or corrupt.   So, how do I have a cop for a friend?   If I had one, there would be some serious questions he/she would be getting from me. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 18 August 2017 - 02:14 PM.

• Myc likes this

#377 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

Warren Jock was my friend and constable in a small Vermont town.  His main lively hood was as a dairy farmer with 28-30 head and I bought some land from him.  He was a good man, but that was 50 years ago.  No similar experience has come my way since that time.  I would like to have a cop as a friend but can not imagine how that could happen today.

#378 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

Even if a cop were your friend, it's still a friend with an agenda, best kept at a distance.
  • Spooner likes this

#379 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:09 AM

A nurse was assaulted for refusing to illegally draw blood from an unconsious man without a warrent.

[Direct Link]

Thank heaven for the nurses who look after people when the cops try to violate their patients.

P.S. I love this beautiful woman, but the cop is lower than a biting insect, the image of an infected blood sucking tick comes to mind.  Instead of dealing with the Hospital Administration to resolve the issue, the frustrated cop takes out his frustration on the person with the least authority and the one least likely to have access to the resources to sue him.  He gets his immediate release of anger by assaulting the nurse and falsely telling her she is under arrest.

Violence is  such a rush for people without self control, and without respect for other humans.  Physically assaulting women is almost as much fun as rape, and for a cop it is without adverse consequences.  The cop who was my friend, would never have acted in this shameful manner.

Edited by Spooner, 02 September 2017 - 12:32 AM.

• Myc, Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#380 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,216 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

Wow.

"She's the one that has told me, 'no'"

Sounds reasonable to me.

• Alder Logs likes this