• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#21 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

Either way, the guy is a friggin' moron. He had that many jars (I guess he never learned the concept of Bulk substrate) and was also shipping mushrooms in the mail.

Yet another prime example.....once you do this to make $$$, it is only a matter of time until you get nailed....and this guy is going to get it bad.

it seems like somebody always says this when someone gets busted.

Yeah, it would be great if everybody could grow their own as it is fairly easy, but those who risk their freedom to spread shrooms, and especially acid, are more like angels imo. It is just sad that it's all illegal. Just because they recieve lots of money for their risk and because they have to use mail and other people to spread the love doesn't mean they are greedy and/or stupid. Personally, I like lsd much better for most situations, and I would never get it if nobody wanted to make it and sell it because I sure as hell can't. Even Owsley got busted and did many years for making lsd comparable to that made by Sandoz labs. It's a shame we have to "outsmart" the government which has unfair odds anyway. If I didn't have a family I wouldn't think twice about growing to spread the love, and you better believe I would demand compensation for the risk of my freedom so that others can trip. Before I grew it was hard to get shrooms most of the time. I was so appreciative then when I got some nice dried caps.

#22 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,126 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:42 PM

Enough spores for 15 lbs of mushrooms? That would be, like, TWO spores! Assuming perfect sterile technique, of course. Might be an angle to attack police credibility on as "expert" witnesses, like the tactic of asking a cop if he knows what alcohol smells like for a DUI case.

My question is, if someone wants to make a living growing trip mushrooms, why use jars? Especially in Oregon! Why not a beautiful outdoor patch of azures or cyanescens that could be blamed on a 'contaminated' batch of mulch?

At least I won't bitch and moan anymore when I gotta wash out my box of twelve jars after birthing. Not that it matters now, but I hope he had an industrial dishwasher.

Also, going PF style, maybe he was not PC-ing? Lots of big steam canner pots might have got the job done...?

My guess is the bust came thanks to the mailing part of his little empire. And to the South? People would rather pay 500 bucks a pound via mail than get up real early and walk the fields? I'll keep my 500 and set my alarm for 4am after the next big rain...

#23 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,126 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:50 PM

Link for this bust:
http://katu.com/news...ry.asp?ID=86840

The lids of the wide mouth 1/2 pints had no holes and looked new (no rust like they'd been used over and over). Looks like a kid with big ideas that got nabbed before he really got going.

I also found this odd tidbit while searching CNN archives:

http://archives.cnn....ooms/index.html

'Magic mushroom' guard kills five
Friday, November 29, 2002 Posted: 12:45 PM EST (1745 GMT)

MOSCOW, Russia -- A Russian border guard high on hallucinogenic mushrooms has killed five fellow servicemen and injured several others in a shooting spree, authorities say.

"A serviceman opened fire with no apparent motive. As a result five people died and six are in hospital," Yuri Boyko of the Federal Border Guards told NTV television.

The guard was "under the influence of hallucinogenic plants" when he opened fire in the southern region of Karachayevo-Cherkessia near Chechnya on Thursday night, the Border Guards said.

The service gave no death toll, but Itar-Tass news agency quoted unnamed law enforcement agencies as saying eight soldiers had died in the incident.

Hallucinogenic mushrooms, commonly known as "magic mushrooms," contain traces of powerful drugs. In large amounts they have effects comparable to LSD, one of the most potent psychoactive drugs known, Reuters reported.

#24 tbonus

tbonus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:37 PM

Dude, what the fuck was he thinking?Better yet, he was thinking right! He just got caught.When are those in higher office going to realize that mushies dont hurt!People that dont take mushies are causing all the pain! I am totally against the government, and I dont subscribe to anything they represent!MORE POWER TO THE MYCOTOPIATES!:eusa_danc :bow: :eusa_clap :hippie: :rasta:

#25 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

There was a bust in my area a couple years ago. They had a house full of what looked like bakery racks from floor to ceiling with what must have been a couple thousand spawn bags in just the living room colonizing.I can only imagine what was in the rest of the house. In the kitchen they had a big table with what looked like 5 or 6 large electric autoclaves. They had some good footage on the local news. They got busted because someone broke in to rip them off, ate some shrooms while he was still there and freaked out so bad he called the cops on himself thinking the people had come back and were going to kill him LOL. They even had a shot of the dickhead sitting in back of the cop car looking all fucked up.

#26 alpiner

alpiner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

tripping robbers on a bad trip
LOL

#27 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:43 PM

if i had a house with that much crap in it, i would never leave it, or have someone always there.....

#28 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:57 AM

this kindof shit scares me.

#29 Carter

Carter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:40 AM

This is just like the recent article that I read about when fungi pop up, so do "thieves"."They" are just trying to send out a wave of negative @#$%.:naughty:

#30 MNL

MNL

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:42 AM

There is a video that shows tubs and tubs of half-pint wide mouth jars. I tried to get a screen cap of the 5 giant rubbermades full chuck full of jars but it didn't work. Here is a pic from the site.
PF would be so proud.

Attached Thumbnails

• 060615mushroom_bust.jpg

#31 MNL

MNL

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:44 AM

Why are there no holes? You think they did spores/clone tissue in a glove box, or some sort of spawn innoculation?

#32 Carter

Carter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:52 AM

whoa MNL.You got eagle eyes.Wasn't paying attention to the lid not having holes from that article.Ya probably a glove box.Hope that person is okay right now.:love:

#33 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:34 AM

PF would be so proud.

:lol:

#34 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:11 AM

There's proof that you don't need holes in the jars...lol!

#35 LethalTr1p

LethalTr1p

Market Restricted

• Expired Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

nice post count captian. 666! :)

sucks for that guy. I thought I was going big when i had 60 qts. i'm glad all that glass isn't cluttering the room up anymore.

almost looks like his lids are upside down. doesn't that allow slightly more air exhange?

#36 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:45 AM

His lids are rubberside up, they'd have the writing on it otherwise.

#37 srgtm1a

srgtm1a

yeah, yeah, you know.

• Expired Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:12 AM

it seems like somebody always says this when someone gets busted.

Yeah, it would be great if everybody could grow their own as it is fairly easy, but those who risk their freedom to spread shrooms, and especially acid, are more like angels imo. It is just sad that it's all illegal. Just because they receive lots of money for their risk and because they have to use mail and other people to spread the love doesn't mean they are greedy and/or stupid.

There is nothing angelic about him, nor was he some kind of drug patriot "spreading the love of shrooms". He did it for profit....and got nailed in doing so because he was an idiot. Only a complete fool would think they could get away with shipping drugs through the mail.

The true "angles" are a lot of people on this board. The ones that grow because they love fungi and give them out to people for FREE. Not trying to make a quick buck, even if their freedom is at stake. Those are the people who really spread the love of mushrooms, not some schmuck that was even too dumb to learn what bulk substrate was.

I don't mean to fly off the wheel here, but I just can't see how this idiot can get any respect. Mushrooms should be free, simple as that....anyone trying to make profit from them (other than spore vendors) has no respect from me. The vendors are at least providing a service and many different strains from around the world that we otherwise would not have.

It's the people that give them out for free that you never hear of getting busted, only the fools that are trying to get rich off of it.

Once you become "THE MAN"...it's only a matter of time before you meet the real "MAN".

#38 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:40 PM

Jesus that would be a lot of lids to open and close just to innoculate. I hope he had a flow hood. I'd go crazy trying to knock those up in a glove box.

#39 karmadiver

karmadiver

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

I guess I understand where your coming from but can't say I agree fully with the statement. I agree that it is better to grow and pass the love, but I certainly don't expect to be given anything that costs time and money for someone to make, not to mention the risk involved in them doing so.

Would be nice to be given all my smoke and all my other fun substances that I purchase, but I would never expect to be given any of it. I have never had a problem, not once, in paying for anything that was of quality and the proper quantity. Some may be luckier then others and may have friends that can provide them with things they want for free, but most of us don't have such options and have to pay.

Like I said, would be nice to have people just giving me free shit whenever I wanted it, but it will never happen. So if Joe Blow wants to take the risk in doing something and invest the money and time into the project, why would I ever have a problem in compensating him or her well for the end result. Some people make these projects their full time job, scary what kind of risk they run, but they do it anyway. Maybe for the money or some other reason, but I wouldn't expect them to hand out anything to me for free. Just like I wouldn't go to the local farm market and demand I get my corn and all other veggies for free, or my local car repair place and expect them to fix my car for free. Everything has a price tag nowadays, very rare to find free anything out there anymore.

Just because he was dumb enough to get busted, doesn't mean his intentions were or weren't in the right place. We really don't know the whole story anyway. But, ya, either way you chalk it up, he was looking for a mass production settup and it ended up costing him alot more then he thought.

#40 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

if i had a house with that much crap in it, i would never leave it, or have someone always there.....

It's common these days to have grow ops in unattended houses. There was a hydro bust here about a year ago and the only thing they found in the house besides the grow op was a weight bench and some other work out equipment.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!