pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:45 PM

I also found this odd tidbit while searching CNN archives:
http://archives.cnn....ooms/index.html
'Magic mushroom' guard kills five
Friday, November 29, 2002 Posted: 12:45 PM EST (1745 GMT)

MOSCOW, Russia -- A Russian border guard high on hallucinogenic mushrooms has killed five fellow servicemen and injured several others in a shooting spree, authorities say.

"A serviceman opened fire with no apparent motive. As a result five people died and six are in hospital," Yuri Boyko of the Federal Border Guards told NTV television.

The guard was "under the influence of hallucinogenic plants" when he opened fire in the southern region of Karachayevo-Cherkessia near Chechnya on Thursday night, the Border Guards said.

The service gave no death toll, but Itar-Tass news agency quoted unnamed law enforcement agencies as saying eight soldiers had died in the incident.

Hallucinogenic mushrooms, commonly known as "magic mushrooms," contain traces of powerful drugs. In large amounts they have effects comparable to LSD, one of the most potent psychoactive drugs known, Reuters reported.

I bet you that those were amanita muscarias rather then cubensis.
Russia has a long history of muscaria use, and one of the main effects of eating a large dose is rage.
There is some evidence that the Viking Berserkers were simply big vikings that ate a lot of them before going into battle.

No way to find out in either case though.

As to the "angel", if your selling them your not doing it to spread the love, your doing it for profit.

Anybody who mails mushrooms deffinitly deserves the dumbshit tag imo, sending ANY drug via the USPS is asking for it big time.

#42 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

I would have to say that this guy wasnt doing this for the good of mankind here. just the fact that he did that many JARS says he prolly wasnt that super experienced, at least not with large grows. sounds like he made a few jars and thought something along the lines of 'well if 12 jars can get me an ounce...then imagine 12 HUNDRED jars!' haha

and the true angels are all over the place on this site. i have gotten close to half a dozen offers for stright up free spore prints, no questions asked, after being a member only about a month. Ive gotten to the point where i have to respectfully decline as i am starting to feel guilty accepcting since i dont actually need them anymore thanks to everyone elses generosity.

All of you know who you are..all i can say is THANKS!

#43 OZ

OZ

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

any way you slice it, our hobby is illegal. I really wish it wasnt, but it is, and when you do what we do, you're assuming the risk of gettin arrested for it. Now i feel that growing shrooms for people other than yourself is doing the world a service, but the leo doesnt feel the same way.

and btw, 2 spores is enuff to grow 15 pounds of mushrooms. How little Leo and the media knows cracks me up every time

#44 Master_Shake

Master_Shake

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:52 PM

foolish remarks deleted by admin

#45 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:35 PM

$500 for a dried pound................usually the authorities would slate a dry pound at a street value of a $1,000,000 or something outlandish like that............. LOL

#46 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:27 PM

Only a complete fool would think they could get away with shipping drugs through the mail.

It's the people that give them out for free that you never hear of getting busted, only the fools that are trying to get rich off of it.

what if someone were to send them for free by mail, just a small amount only once or twice? im sure it has been done and what are your feelings about it?
risky and dangerous but a nice gift for a friend!
leo no care bout love for friends:reb:

srgtm1a "Once you become "THE MAN"...it's only a matter of time before you meet the real "MAN"." .. good quote!

#47 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:39 AM

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and prove it."

Thanks for the demonstration.

#48 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:47 AM

BURN :lol:

#49 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:18 AM

lol i have nothing of significance to contribute here.

#50 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:10 AM

ok sorry that was a stupid question i asked:eusa_naug its better to just :eusa_shhh than ask stupid questions.:eusa_doh:

#51 srgtm1a

srgtm1a

yeah, yeah, you know.

• Expired Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:28 AM

tisk, that is simply untrue... and mildly upsetting.
you should prolly speak of things you know of, yes?

its done every day by people who arent getting caught like "a fool".
within the US boards customs are a joke, packaged properly nearly anything could be sent.
its the people on either end that foul things up, not the mail service.

you must think, bins upon bins in every mail hub across the counrty...
a very small % ever meets with the hairy leo (K9 drug sniffing dogs)
or ever truely checked by any real person. of this i am sure
its the large entry points at airports that catch the most
and those packages are entering from aboard not sent from within

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and prove it."

lol, so what did you say in that whole thing? That eventually, someone screws up on "either end" and wind up getting busted. The end result is always the same, only difference is the time frame. Not a matter of if, but when.

So anyone that thinks they will get away with it, IMO is an utter fool.

"you must think, bins upon bins in every mail hub across the counrty...
a very small % ever meets with the hairy leo (K9 drug sniffing dogs)
or ever truely checked by any real person. of this i am sure."

You must apparently work for the mail service since you are so wise in how they deal with mail....or is this just a simple guess/opinion that you are throwing out to back your point? How are you so "sure" of this. I can sit around an guess how they handle stuff too, but since I'm not involved in it in anyway, that would be an ignorant comment at best.

"you should prolly speak of things you know of, yes?"

lol, i've been around the block a few times in this hobby guy....I think i've learned a little...lol. The friends I have that shared your same views are now sitting on nice class 4 and class X felonies. They too thought there was no way of getting caught, and they are fairly smart people. So yeah...i know a little. If you think the mail service/customs just lets stuff go by...you are very mistaken. If you do get a package by...consider yourself very lucky. The feds/mail service/customs "missed" their packages long enough to build a massive case against them.

#52 srgtm1a

srgtm1a

yeah, yeah, you know.

• Expired Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:36 AM

Only a complete fool would think they could get away with shipping drugs through the mail.

It's the people that give them out for free that you never hear of getting busted, only the fools that are trying to get rich off of it.

what if someone were to send them for free by mail, just a small amount only once or twice? im sure it has been done and what are your feelings about it?
risky and dangerous but a nice gift for a friend!
leo no care bout love for friends:reb:

srgtm1a "Once you become "THE MAN"...it's only a matter of time before you meet the real "MAN"." .. good quote!

My opinion on it is to stay away from the mail completely, no matter if sending free or not. If you can't jump in a car and gift your friend, don't risk it.

I've got plenty of friends in other parts of the country that I would love to hook up, but playing around with sending stuff in the mail, even if only doing it once or twice, is just too damn risky.

There is a reason i've been cultivating for quite a long time and have never been caught....i'm not dumb...nor do I take unecessary stupid risks.

After all, jail cells aren't filled with the smartest people in the world. They are there because they made a bad choice, sending drugs in the mail, regardless of quantity or price is one of those choices.

#53 prismaticEffects

prismaticEffects

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

If you can't jump in a car and gift your friend, don't risk it.

There is a reason i've been cultivating for quite a long time and have never been caught....i'm not dumb...nor do I take unecessary stupid risks.

jumping in a car to bring "gifts" could be considered a stupid risk too.
cultivating is also quite risky, just in itself...

everyone knows the risks they are assuming,
and if you don't know anything about what you're doing
you're assuming more of a risk.

#54 srgtm1a

srgtm1a

yeah, yeah, you know.

• Expired Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:04 PM

jumping in a car to bring "gifts" could be considered a stupid risk too.
cultivating is also quite risky, just in itself...

everyone knows the risks they are assuming,
and if you don't know anything about what you're doing
you're assuming more of a risk.

Sure, the hole hobby is a risk, no doubt. But there is a HUGE difference between taking a risk and doing something that is just outright dumb.

for example: Deciding to grow is risky.
Deciding to tell everybody and their mother that you grow, is not only risky, it's dumb.

taking a risk is one thing, being a moron is a whole new ballpark.

You would think that after reading how one guy got busted, people would learn and say "maybe that's not a good idea"...but nope, you see the same stuff time and time again. Birds of a feather I guess.

keep it between yourself and a few friends that think you know a guy and you are fine. Try to become scareface and you are done for.

#55 Odin 13

Odin 13

Exciteable Boy!

• Expired Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:45 PM

There are such things as very large sterilizers. I knew of a gentleman who produced oysters on a commercial level who had a steam sterilizer so big a forklift could be driven into it. The door alone weighed over 2 1/2 TONS. He charged very small fees to run items through it, you just had to wait till he was going to do a batch. He had to fire up a boiler to run the thing.

#56 Master_Shake

Master_Shake

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:29 PM

snotty bullshit removed by admin

#57 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

sending a drug in the mail is only a poor choice for people who dont know what they are doing. You sure shouldnt send anything anywhere in the mail. why? because you know nothing of how it is done.

MasterShake, bragging that you send drugs in the mail is not smart. :eusa_naug
And please don't write entire posts in bold.

#58 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

ditto

#59 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:48 PM

just because one has not yet got caught
is not an argument
that one will never get caught.

but yer wasting yer breathe trying to
educate those who already know it all,
i say
let them hang themselves
and learn the hard way.
plenty of folks who think they are smart
rotting away in prison cells.

#60 mindovermycelia

mindovermycelia

Imaginary friend

• Expired Member
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:08 PM

I just don't see how someone who has bought or who buys illegal drugs can look down on people who sell them.

I never said doing dumb shit like sending herb in the mail isn't dumb.

I don't think that trying to make a profit off of growing shrooms is a dumb or greedy thing to do. But of course, if you set up a booth at the flea market and sell them, then that would be stupid. Just like trying to grow mass quantities with jars is kind of stupid. I'm not saying this person isn't a dumbass. But I don't see how you could get busted sending chocolates through the mail unless your package passes one of the few dogs out there trained to smell shrooms, which is unlikely I think. Not that I would use the mail if I were going to sell shrooms, which I wouldn't do because I can't handle the risk without being paranoid and my motormouth would spill the beans to someone eventually causing me to have even more paranoia. But those who do so, no matter how smart, often get busted no matter what precautions they take if they keep on doing it. Someone will snitch sooner or later and that is a fact. So yeah, I agree that if you get greedy and keep it up long enough that you will get busted. I just know that I thoroughly appreciate those who make LSD and sell it - I thank the lord for them, I love them, I would strongly consider shooting a cop if it
would keep them out of jail so they can continue to make and sell lsd. I don't give a damn how rich they are getting off of it, really, that's the governments fault. The only difference with shrooms is that shrooms aren't as great to me and anybody with half a brain can grow them or pick them out of a field. Still, I would have never tripped on shrooms the first time if hadn't been for someone growing them somewhere and selling them and for that I am grateful.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!