Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

So are magic mushrooms actually poisonous?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Psilocybin's toxicity level is around that of THC. Technically you can kill yourself by eating enough but in reality you will be vomiting like the fountains outside Caesar's Palace long before a toxic level in your blood stream is reached.

^^^^ The common knowledge I grow up JUST KNOWING ;) ^^^^^

#22 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

Again, it seems like a few of you are upset that I would ask this question, perhaps its because I asked on a site geared towards taking said mushrooms. But I assure you, it is simply for the purpous of spreading knowledge. Hopefully it will be some years before another one of these threads pops up, and until then all the people who find themselves surfing website after website reading that "even just a small amount of psilocybin can kill you or have serious health risks" can have a thread that makes them feel comfortable.

Nobody is upset with you or the question. It is the on-going propagation of false myths about our fungi friends that we find upsetting.

The poison angle is nothing but propaganda and bullshit in roughly equal amounts. Just like marijuana being as addictive as opiates and causing psychosis.

It seems there is vastly more bad information than good information about all illegal drugs.
  • wildedibles, Boebs and 6OGFaded6Thoughts6 like this

#23 cuts

cuts

The Pope of Dope

• Expired Member
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

I agree with Buckaroo, We like to think there are no dumb questions as long as you learn something. You should feel as though you can ask this community anything(within certain bounds). And you learned something correct?

#24 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 902 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

Just wanted to let you all know I came here looking for info on what the deal was on poisoning and boomers. Thanks for the post

#25 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:27 PM

Kk. I have eaten a grocery bag full.. id say 10 pounds fresh. I had an amazing time. Hardest part was just the eatting of the amount lmao

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:15 AM

So are magic mushrooms actually poisonous?

Some egos never recover, but most do, and some even build immunity.  

• Equestrian likes this

#27 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:54 AM

Is that really all it is.? Just ego?

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

Is that really all it is.? Just ego?

That was just me, drifting back to something I heard Terence say once, but I only have it on VHS, and have not found it online.  That ego is a disease that must be chemo-therapeutically treated.   Mushrooms and some other substances do seem to bring symptomatic relief for varied periods of time.  But I think the real cure is being brutally honest with ourselves about what we think we know about ourselves and everything we conceive.   When my seeing became more like peak mushroom seeing, I kind of just didn't feel like doing mushrooms so much anymore.   Maybe realization is poisonous.  I bet many would say it is, and start getting out the boards and nails. 

• MsBehavin420 and Boebs like this

#29 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:06 AM

I think that two cities would not be so quick to try to legalize it, if they had any idea that it could be bad

#30 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:09 AM

I'm really here for a friend of mine. He wants to eat some boomers for the first time ever but is so scared of the bullshit propaganda they they feed / fed us about it bringing on latent schizophrenia. Personally, I can't see this as being a viable option. But I am not a professional at this or in any science area period.

#31 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:30 AM

I always feel more at peace and connecyed to my real self after a good dose.
I have also believed it heals the brains connections in its self by rewiring new connections.

This has also been shown in studys that areas of the brain that dont usually communicate do while on mushrooms.

#32 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:09 AM

Like Davey Jones I'm a believer..
I literally treated my dog who had cancer with Reishi and shiitake. Currently assisting another friend with High Blood pressure in which mushies would benefit him most naturally.

Even for treatment of schizophrenia and other mental illnesses
I am one that gains healing from mushrooms
I no longer fall into the deep depression that I did. I'm looking into using it for smoking cessation bc it's the ONLY time in my life where I am ok NOT smoking, is when I eat boomers.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!