#1 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

76hoS3ehQwA

A great documentary about this controversial subject. Lately it has been on my mind a lot and its going to be something I ask the mushroom directly. Because at this stage I see both sides of the fence. the only insight I can share so far is a post I made recently on the Monsanto thread.

Looking at the implications of science and the direction we are headed with Corporations like Monsanto, I wonder if we haven't reached a point of no return

If we think of the Genesis story as an allegory rather then historical fact. I think the Genesis story holds more relevance today then in any time during our history.

Human evolution is now on the threshold of the door that allows us to self determine our own evolutionary path. One which could allow us to not only become gods of our planet but later of the solar system and integrate us with our galaxy. Right now we are hesitating as to whether to proceed, but how long before we are forced through it or else face extinction? have we possibly reached that tipping point of no return. The outcome of that action may not be certain. One thing that is certain when we go through that door we will be departing from the Garden of Eden.

Imagine for the moment the tree of knowledge is the evolutionary tree, the fruit is the knowledge that we have harnessed to manipulate our DNA. I love the fact the snake is also the symbol used on the Caduceus. That they are arranged in the double helix ascending the staff or “evolutionary tree” is strongly suggested, do the wings imply salvation?
The Garden of Eden is the world we have lived in until we began DNA engineering “creations evolution”. Man has now plucked the knowledge from the tree and this is the Genesis moment “mans evolution”.

In the first Genesis man chose to seek independent knowledge from God, in the new Genesis he seeks to make life. In the first genesis god’s disapproval could be interpreted as selfish or as a non benevolent attitude. In the second version it becomes more appropriate, would you as a parent allow your child to play with a loaded gun? Are we possibly opening a door into Pandora’s Box?

I think we are already trough the door, I hope we are up to the job.

This diction and its implications is the greatest one we have ever faced. The only comparison that comes to mind was when we came down from the trees and walked upright....... wasn't that the fist Genesis....:eusa_doh:

I love the mushroom halo that appears at the end of the video :)

Halo.png

#2 NightWolf

NightWolf

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I don't know. Human cloning sounds fucked up to me. I think that although we have free will, there are boundaries that should not be crossed.

I really don't understand the females that are happy to undergo such experiments either.

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

In My Opinion: ?? Dangerous stuff ??
I'm a scientist. Therefore, I'm fascinated by the ideas advanced in the video. Interesting to know that both AC and DC current are required for fertilization. This process supports some ideas I've had about mutual (traditional male/female coitus/orgasm). Electric discharge from an anode to a cathode - think about the way body parts are shaped. I think there is an electrical transfer as well as a material transfer and the video helps support my theory. I first heard of the idea from a Muslim with whom I was having a late-night discussion. He claimed that his religion describes the moment of conception as a transfer of the "spark of life" - loosely defined as orgasm.

As an observer, these ideas bother me.
One fellow who supports the science brought up the "no child left behind" specter. Essentially he said that if we were able to make genetic alterations or "improvements" why shouldn't we do so?
My argument is that only the elite or wealthy will be able to afford to benefit from this technology - just like health care in our real-time world today. So we wind up with genetically modified, elitist, sociopaths. An improved sociopath.......think about it.

Then, we look at the computer models - where two mock organisms "fight" for a prize.
Pretty fucking scary when one of these random organisms - rather than trying to obtain the prize first - attacks the opponent organism instead of competing for possession of the prize. The sociopaths we have in place right now have been doing an efficient job throughout history. I can't imagine having a genetically improved version of this running amok.

Interesting stuff.
The emotional aspect is just another facet I find un-palatable. It is not healing to cling to old ideas. There is no room for future in one's life if the focus is upon what has been lost. Attempting to regain a lost loved one in this fashion causes me to recoil with horror. It really is Frankenstein - truly. I suppose I'm going to have to actually read the book in order to understand the message of the author.

The thing that causes me so much frustration is that..........
If I get it - so what. If you get it - so what. If we get it (or 20 of us for that matter) - so what.
This is happening regardless. Welcome to the new world.

#4 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

As an observer, these ideas bother me.
One fellow who supports the science brought up the "no child left behind" specter. Essentially he said that if we were able to make genetic alterations or "improvements" why shouldn't we do so?
My argument is that only the elite or wealthy will be able to afford to benefit from this technology - just like health care in our real-time world today. So we wind up with genetically modified, elitist, sociopaths. An improved sociopath.......think about it.

Myc I agree, in reality the human race will diverge with the wealthy becoming smarter and thus richer, they will then use that wealth to pay poorer folks to bread a race of dumb subservient slaves.

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

[Direct Link]

#6 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

Thanks Alder,

I particularly liked the part where they argue, that DNA is not what causes cells to differentiate, but rather its the environment.

Genetically identical cells when placed in different media develop membranes that are different from their siblings and parents who were placed in other types of media.

The environment is the driver. Because our collective consciousnesses and social attitude is what is now influencing the global environment I argue that our consciousnesses will increasingly influence the direction life evolves. Evolution will increasingly be determined by what we think and do, Cause and effect.

Put another way, good and evil > what we think and believe we act upon > what we act upon affects our environment > The environment influences the direction of life.......and so the cycle evolves/spirals.

Because our current social trajectory is not a positive or balanced one, it will increasingly influence the direction which life takes to restore balance and IMO making the environment less conducive for humans. understanding this makes evolution more predictable, and will accelerates conscious evolution.

What is interesting is our earliest hunter gatherer cultures that had less influence over the environment, recognized this and strove to seek harmony with nature. Their religions and philosophy were far more in balance. Its like they got some sort of feedback. Today our current "mechanical science", consumer culture with judeo-christian, muslim type religions put man outside and above the environment and it's leading us up cul-de-sac. I don't think that is coincidental.

Edited by Tusk Bilasimo, 02 March 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

I would suggest that there is a mechanics of harmony and balance. Our inventiveness is not to be jettisoned, for that would destroy our species harmony, and lead to repeating this cycle, endlessly, so long as homo sapiens endures. Every life form manipulates its environment for its survival and prosperity. Once it is in harmony, in balance, this manipulation might not be so evident, and we might see it as "natural."

We are natural, inventiveness and all. When we finally learn to serve the whole, our machines will serve the whole as well. Living naked in the garden is our myth. It could be our destination, as well. Things change when it goes from a single couple to seven billion. We have obviously invented some of the wrong things, serving division. The truth is, what is good for everything is good for everything. What is good for a small faction, not so much.

#8 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

There is a plan, unfortunately we are expendable :laser:
A really well put together history of the Western world and how its been controlled buy various secret societies. And there agenda includes eugenics.

4lR7jqYx22g
  • Myc likes this

#9 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Note to self:
^^^ Watch this ^^^
Pay attention to the footnotes. Take notes. Read more.

#10 the.seed

the.seed

Be Ready

• Expired Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Lately it has been on my mind a lot and its going to be something I ask the mushroom directly.

What has the mushroom taught/shown you on this topic in your inquiries? I'm curious to know..

#11 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

What has the mushroom taught/shown you on this topic in your inquiries? I'm curious to know..

Hey Seed,

Sorry I haven't had any since I posted :spank:. We going into winter here and I struggle to get temps perfect. I will grow again in our spring (August), so will be a while. But am convinced its not a good idea, Its like making a copy of art, no matter how perfectly copied it has no value compared to the original.

We made from the miraculous fractal emergence of star dust over ±14 billion years. Some folks think they should be applauded for a copy and pasting.......Naaa! :hippie:

Edited by Tusk Bilasimo, 01 May 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#12 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Human cloning what a great idea, now every household can have it's own personal Santa Clause but there must be limits on cloning, I do not want to have 10,000 wives and 10,000 mothers in law. What a horror story.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!