#1 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hey all,
I'm trying to change up the 'ol traditional farm boy diet of bacon, eggs, beef and potatoes.

I really like raw vegetables, whole grains, seeds, nuts and fruit so I thought I would be sensible about things. It seems that every diet is doomed to failure because of the radical approach which is promoted with dietary change. NO person enjoys having their lives up-rooted.

Example, if you raise an indoor garden - go one day and make a radical diet alteration. Feed your flowering plants vegetative formula for a week and see what happens. MJ cultivators reading this are saying ??wtf?? you can't do that!! You'll TORCH your garden. Your plants will get sick....etc.
So why do we insist on treating our bodies with this strategy??

Replacement is the key - In My Opinion. One bite-at-a-time clears the plate (rather than just dumping the whole mess in at once and hoping for the best).

So here's one thing I've been trying and really liking:
http://www.healing-s...empHearts_b.htm

These things are freakin' tasty. They go great on cereal, salads, and just plain too!!

What I immediately notice is that my joint inflammation seems to be reduced. In cold weather, my hands bother me with arthritic inflammation of the knuckles. I haven't noticed this condition since I've begun consuming the hemp seeds.
  • wildedibles likes this

#2 cheetolay

cheetolay

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 641 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Not sure what the total weight on the products are in the link you posted, but here's another place I know of that carries hemp seed also, whole and shelled. plus free shipping.

http://www.myspicesa...g45tsc1gja0kmd1

#3 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

i eat hemp hearts.

1 tablespoon a day = daily amount of ALL essential nutrients a human body needs.

you can only eat them adn live healthy and happy :) and strong...

NOTHING else in the world has this amount of nutrients

#4 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Love my hemp hearts. Don't forget to refrigerate after opening the bag.

#5 MYndsetNebula

MYndsetNebula

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

^^^^ is that true? woops been leaving them in the cupboard and they're past their date woops

"I put that shit on everything"

I sometimes eat alot sometimes I let it slide, but on peanut butter toast, in stir fry, pasta sauce, pretty well whenever I'm mixing lots of stuff just before it's ready to eat I dump some on

#6 usagolden

usagolden

A Tin Can Banana

• OG VIP
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

have been looking for some hemp hearts, haven't located any yet
sounds awesome though

i have been on a chia seed kick
my favorite is making chia pudding out of it
few tablespoons of chia seeds and a couple cups of [choco or vanilla] almond milk
let it set up, serve with berries
dopeness

#7 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

The link provided by Cheetolay seems to be in the same price range as what I paid.
http://www.naturalgr...store-locations
These folks are also bringing attention to the chia seeds - way thanks for the new idea!

#8 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for this post Myc. We were looking into a hemp protein powder to make smoothies with. I like the hemp hearts idea.

Costco has hulled hemp seeds (same as hemp hearts right??) and chi seeds if your near one. Bobs Red Mill also has the hilled hemp seeds on their website.

I like "popping" quinoa and adding it to my steel cut oats. Trying to work my eating more towards the paleo/"caveman" direction.

#9 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

have been looking for some hemp hearts, haven't located any yet
sounds awesome though

i have been on a chia seed kick
my favorite is making chia pudding out of it
few tablespoons of chia seeds and a couple cups of [choco or vanilla] almond milk
let it set up, serve with berries
dopeness

USA can you expand on how you make the chia pudding? If needed IM me if its gonna junk up Myc's thread.
Thx

#10 MYndsetNebula

MYndsetNebula

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for this post Myc. We were looking into a hemp protein powder to make smoothies with. I like the hemp hearts idea.

Costco has hulled hemp seeds (same as hemp hearts right??) and chi seeds if your near one. Bobs Red Mill also has the hilled hemp seeds on their website.

I like "popping" quinoa and adding it to my steel cut oats. Trying to work my eating more towards the paleo/"caveman" direction.

You can buy hemp milk someplaces, or make your own by blending with water, then could use as part of a smoothy mix

#11 monkeybones

monkeybones

pothead

• Expired Member
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I really like to make the blender milk.

One of my favourite foods :)

Hemp hearts are pretty easy to find at a good price in Canada.

#12 usagolden

usagolden

A Tin Can Banana

• OG VIP
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

3 cups non.dairy milk to 1/2 cup chia seeds makes a solid base
add whatever flavors please you at this point
stick it in the fridge and after about 4 hours passes it will set up nicely
i then enjoy scooping some into a bowl
and plopping some berries on top

#13 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thanks USA. How long does it last and do the seeds get soft or is the texture like eating a seeded pudding?

#14 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

I came back to reply with some results.
The hemp hearts are really tasty and go great on tons of stuff - and just plain by themselves they're great too.

I have been paying attention to the anti-inflammatory properties. So to do a proper test, I allowed myself to run out of hemp hearts.

After 3 days, stiffness and joint inflammation are beginning to return. I have a trick knuckle with some kinda painful hitch in it - the finger just kinda locks up sometimes. While consuming hemp hearts, I've had NO trouble from this issue. Since temporarily discontinuing the hemp hearts, that knuckle is bringing the reactor back online - and the pain (and hitching) is returning.
Also, this is a bit more anecdotal - but I seem to have an increased "up-ness". I feel more positive and enthusiastic - lifted. I definitely feel as if I have been taking vitamin supplements - maybe just placebo - psychological empowerment resulting from mindfulness? Cheaper than anti-depressants any day.

I'm off to re-supply today.

#15 Ilia

Ilia

mycophILIAc

• Free Member
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

I've been eying these things at the store. Mmm.

#16 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

I've realized I'm horrible deficient in Omega 3s, I'm looking into hemp hearts instead of taking fish oil supplements. Are there any Omega 3s in fish oil that aren't available in hemp hearts? I need to research further...

#17 monkeybones

monkeybones

pothead

• Expired Member
  • 551 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I've realized I'm horrible deficient in Omega 3s, I'm looking into hemp hearts instead of taking fish oil supplements. Are there any Omega 3s in fish oil that aren't available in hemp hearts? I need to research further...

no it's a complete profile

#18 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,704 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

chia seeds are also high in omega-3's and 6's and fiber
we add them to drinks, and make the almond milk pudding too
good stuff :)

#19 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

YOu can eat JUST HEMP HEARTS ALONE and live healthy and strong...just got to eat enough. and tbh... its not that
much ;)

Its the only plant source known to man, at the moment, that has everything the human body requires.

#20 entheogenome

entheogenome

Summon Elemental

• Expired Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hemp hearts have been going into my morning smoothie for many many years :-)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!