• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 MYndsetNebula

MYndsetNebula

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

YOu can eat JUST HEMP HEARTS ALONE and live healthy and strong...just got to eat enough. and tbh... its not that
much ;)

Its the only plant source known to man, at the moment, that has everything the human body requires.

Alien Food :teeth:

hmm thought topia woulda had an alien head smiley

#22 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

I came back to reply with some results.
The hemp hearts are really tasty and go great on tons of stuff - and just plain by themselves they're great too.

I have been paying attention to the anti-inflammatory properties. So to do a proper test, I allowed myself to run out of hemp hearts.

After 3 days, stiffness and joint inflammation are beginning to return. I have a trick knuckle with some kinda painful hitch in it - the finger just kinda locks up sometimes. While consuming hemp hearts, I've had NO trouble from this issue. Since temporarily discontinuing the hemp hearts, that knuckle is bringing the reactor back online - and the pain (and hitching) is returning.
Also, this is a bit more anecdotal - but I seem to have an increased "up-ness". I feel more positive and enthusiastic - lifted. I definitely feel as if I have been taking vitamin supplements - maybe just placebo - psychological empowerment resulting from mindfulness? Cheaper than anti-depressants any day.

I'm off to re-supply today.

The healthy oils help lube the joints up nicely ;)
and there is anti-inflamatory friends at work as well ;)
glad they helped you out so well
I have tried them and like them

didnt know chia seeds were that nice have to give the pudding a try ;)

I like flax seeds poppy seeds and sesame seeds on garlic bread really yummy ;)

I add these extra seeds to food too anything really boosts up fiber and oils + other things needed by the body for optimum performance ;)

#23 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

So I went and re-stocked on the hemp hearts.
After two days, the inflammation in that trick finger is gone again!!

I also grabbed some other goodies while I was at the store. Thanks for the additional suggestions.
What I'm trying:
Flax Seed - whole and ground.
I haven't tried the whole flax seeds yet but I know they're tasty. The ground flax seed goes on cereal for right now. Combining the flax, hemp and granola makes a heck of a good precursor for heavy exercise. I was able to churn out a pretty serious bicycle ride yesterday with little preparation. Normally, I need to carbo-load on the day prior in order to have enough energy laid in for the event on the following day. With this new food, I was able to have a bowl one or two hours prior to the effort and sail right on through like a pro.

I'm feeling some energy bars in the making. ;)

Next, I bought some extra-virgin coconut oil. The can has lots of suggestions for use and I'm eager to try some. Will be scrounging for ideas.

I searched for chia seeds but could not find them?? Shoulda asked for help from store personnel but the basket was getting full and approaching the limits of the shopping budget.

The next tasty little treat I tried is Kale Krunch - Alive & Radiant Foods (brand)
Several flavors were offered - like Doritos - The Cheezy Chipotle is a winner and I'm interested to try others with the goal in mind of making my own version at home with left-overs from juicing.

Another thing I found myself drawn to was crystallized ginger. I don't know why - I just couldn't take my eyes away from the stuff?? Didn't buy any but maybe next time.

#24 shroomhunt

shroomhunt

The Snake Man

• Expired Member
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

After I worked building swimming pools this past year until it got too slow and had to go find work elsewhere I started working at an organic grocery store. We carry all manner of healthy stuff. I started a seed regiment shortly after I started working there and I don't believe I've ever felt so energized and full bodied. I eat a handful of raw organic pumpkin and sunflower seeds, half tbsp of chia, half tbsp black sesame, half tbsp gold flax, and a half tbsp hemp hearts once in the morning and afternoon. The effect in energy was noticed heavily within a few days. I then started taking a tsp of maca powder in my coffee every morning and get lit like crazy. The maca wears down to a manageable stable effect once you get used to it. So many things I've learned since I've been there.

#25 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

So I went and re-stocked on the hemp hearts.
After two days, the inflammation in that trick finger is gone again!!

I also grabbed some other goodies while I was at the store. Thanks for the additional suggestions.
What I'm trying:
Flax Seed - whole and ground.
I haven't tried the whole flax seeds yet but I know they're tasty. The ground flax seed goes on cereal for right now. Combining the flax, hemp and granola makes a heck of a good precursor for heavy exercise. I was able to churn out a pretty serious bicycle ride yesterday with little preparation. Normally, I need to carbo-load on the day prior in order to have enough energy laid in for the event on the following day. With this new food, I was able to have a bowl one or two hours prior to the effort and sail right on through like a pro.

I'm feeling some energy bars in the making. ;)

Next, I bought some extra-virgin coconut oil. The can has lots of suggestions for use and I'm eager to try some. Will be scrounging for ideas.

I searched for chia seeds but could not find them?? Shoulda asked for help from store personnel but the basket was getting full and approaching the limits of the shopping budget.

The next tasty little treat I tried is Kale Krunch - Alive & Radiant Foods (brand)
Several flavors were offered - like Doritos - The Cheezy Chipotle is a winner and I'm interested to try others with the goal in mind of making my own version at home with left-overs from juicing.

Another thing I found myself drawn to was crystallized ginger. I don't know why - I just couldn't take my eyes away from the stuff?? Didn't buy any but maybe next time.

I have been doing 2 tablespoons of hump hearts in my smoothies since this post started. I ended up on the road for a couple weeks and was not able to have my smoothies. I did not really notice the antinflamitory benifit side. Befor/during/after my start with hemp hearts my body still aches my bones still creak. That could also mean my aches and pains may be caused by something that does not benifit from hemp hearts. NOW what I will say is the effect it has on my appetite! I felt fuller and more satisfied using it as a protein source in the smoothies and how I felt when I ate breakfast on the road. Always ate as healthy as I coulda em I could but not always the easiest.

My general smoothie guidelines 3 servings of fruit (limiting only 1 serving of high sugar like mango and banana) 1 serving of frozen kale or spinach (soon to be replaced by shot of home grown wheet grass) home made coconut or almond milk to thin to consistency desired with add ins of 2 tbl spoon hemp hearts (can replace with chi seed) tablespoon or two of coconut oil (helps sweeten as well). I e been known to start my Saturday morning with this smoothie using THC laced coconut oil. Other additives as desired. You can add more but you get to a point when more is just excess. Other then protein, which you can easily add more if your working out, there's not much more needed. Your getting 3 fruits 1 vegi, all essential nutrients, fiber and benifits of coconut oil.

If you have not, invest in a vita mix. Pays for itself. Just knowing I made the almond or coconut milk and when needed and cheeper is awesome.

Flax seed - I only use the group as a food additive. Whole seeds are not digest able from what I understand. But unless your planning on grinding your own I suggest sprouting them. Chia seeds are good sprouts as well. Just like chia pets you can make fun edible art with em. Have grown em on small clay saucers that were setting in a pool of water for moisture. Gave me a mist in the morning and afternoon till they sprouted then just let em grow.
  • cujoloki likes this

#26 throwmeaway7

throwmeaway7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

This is a bad idea. Don't just eat hemp seeds. They clearly lack lots and lots of trace minerals and other things that you should eat in order to keep living and spreading the word about hemp seeds. You will obviously die.

Although perhaps some dank nugs will spring forth from your corpse, thus completing the circle of life.

http://nutritiondata...custom/629104/2

This belongs in Trash Talk or Twilight Zone or some other weird forum where normal people won't listen to all of you and die horribly.

Edited by throwmeaway7, 08 November 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!