• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

So I have been reading about coconut oil and coconut milk. Being in the mycology hobby I/we are very do-it-your self oriented. So I wondered how to make coconut milk and coconut oil.

The process to make coconut milk is a simple process. The oil not so easy. Do able but looked like a labor intensive process for a small yield. That and there are no real solid set of instructions. A lot of how to just not solid Tek.

But here is where the idea hit me. To make coconut oil you first make coconut milk then go through a couple different methods to seperate out the oil. One of these methods heats the milk to aid in separation. That means when you make coconut milk the oil is included.

My thought is to do this to make THC infused coconut milk

2 cups shredded dried organic coconut
4 cups of water
1/2 oz bag weed (or better)
teaspoon of soy lecithin (if you don't know about this ingredient then your doing your self a disservice)
blender
pan to heat milk.

In container soak 2 cups of shredded coconut 1/2 oz of ground up weed in 4 cups of water for at least 2 hours. I'm thinking over night.

After the coconut and weed has soaked for at least 2 hours throw into a good quality blender (who wants a vita mix! <raises hand>) and blend on high speed for 5 - 10 min. Add this mixture to a pan and heat on ??? temp or about an hour. Let cool and Strain liquid and pulp through paint strainer bag or cheese cloth. Should make 8 half cup servings at 1 dose apiece.

Again this is a work in process and wanted to get this down so I did not forget the idea.
  • shiitakegrower likes this

#2 wildturtle

wildturtle

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

I wonder if any CBDs will be captured as well, sounds like a double boiler method could be useful, especially for minimizing direct heat allowing for maximum THC, CBD absorption and chemical compound retention.

#3 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Well if coconut oil pulls the CBS's then the milk should pull it since the oil is in the milk. I was Invisioning a double boiler or crock pot to help regulate the heat

im thinking morning protein smoothies!

#4 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Another added benifit of making coconut milk in general is that you can throw the coconut pulp into the dehydrator after you squeeze the goodies out you can throw the pulp in dehydrated and you get coconut flour! Throw that in a smoothie for added fiber or hell add it to that wonderful ole supercake recipe!

Edited by PsyBearknot, 30 March 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#5 gardentoad

gardentoad

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

This recipe reminds me of bhang llassi. (sp?)   I made this for a friend who had dental surgery and was unable to smoke for a while.  It was very effective and could easily be frozen and stored in the freezer.

#6 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

I have never tried using shredded coconut, but have used both the oil and the canned cocomilk to make infusions (I guess that's what it would be called).

I found the higher temp, like the oil, and the longer time you cook it for, (even adding a little water to keep it down around 220deg for as long as you can, makes the best concentrations.

Butter is my favorite, and it can then be thrown in to cookies, muffins, cakes, etc.

If you put the end product in the fridge to cool, the water will separate out and can be discarded.

Maybe not the milk product, but the oil and butter do this.

Straining it is the pain. Seems like you waste a bunch in the filters.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!