• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

So I got depressed and went on FeeBay looking for seeds to give come color to our home. We got four types of plants, two being poppies. But we got some Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose seeds. These should spruce up the yard!

ForumRunner_20130402_194425.png

Anyways I obviously have an ulterior motive for planting these. We have never been blessed enough to come across any of the botanicals like LSA, mescaline, except for DMT and cannabis. So this is exciting for us. And I'm not sure I'm physically ready to grow wheat so I'm going to try this.

I ordered a few like 70,so hopefully I can get some plants and extract too.

Any advice is appreciated. I've never grown anything in soil really. My cannabis is all hydro. But these are not just tools, but decoration.

#2 Purple Mushroom Tip

Purple Mushroom Tip

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

no offense but if the goal is to extract the seeds for LSA(I think?) then why not just order enough seeds to perform the extraction? Of course there is the extra fun of growing but it sounded like you were mainly doing it for the goodies.

#3 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Well part of the reason I'm growing them is to be self sufficient. At this point in my life, money is hard to come by and being able to be self sufficient is a big deal. and then there's the fact that I love the idea of planting peas perfectly legal flowers in producing something right under the nose of the man.

And Sons market Ocala is back up I can find out exactly how much these things actually yield. From what research I've done elsewhere they are 1 of the best sources next to ergot or sleepy grass.

#4 *witchdoctor*

*witchdoctor*

Witchdoctor

• Expired Member
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Make a little cut on your seeds when they arrive. Cut must be make cause skin of seed is too hard and we will not be able to soak them good and get them enough moisture for germination. Watch not to cut and hurt "eye" of the seed, so make small cut beneath "eye". Soak them for 24h. You will know that cut is good and they are soaked enough if they double in size. Take small part of tissue and soak in 3% peroxid, wrap every seed lightly in soaked tissue and place 1cm in earth. They have ttendencies to rot due to long germination and moist so peroxid is for that. Everything else is piece of cake after you see the seedling. Happy grow mate.

#5 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Make a little cut on your seeds when they arrive. Cut must be make cause skin of seed is too hard and we will not be able to soak them good and get them enough moisture for germination. Watch not to cut and hurt "eye" of the seed, so make small cut beneath "eye". Soak them for 24h. You will know that cut is good and they are soaked enough if they double in size. Take small part of tissue and soak in 3% peroxid, wrap every seed lightly in soaked tissue and place 1cm in earth. They have ttendencies to rot due to long germination and moist so peroxid is for that. Everything else is piece of cake after you see the seedling. Happy grow mate.

So starting them inside isn't nessessery or recommended?

#6 *witchdoctor*

*witchdoctor*

Witchdoctor

• Expired Member
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

Definately recommended. It needs 22-28 degrees Celsius for germinating. After that it probably can be adapted for outdoor temperatures but not below 0 degrees Celsius.

#7 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

If memory serves me right I had to use a fine tooth hack saw blade to notch the seeds.

You will find that the Baby Wood Rose is a lot stronger than the Morning Glories. I use to just eat the seeds when I was in high school.

#8 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

I have experience with HBWR, growing it and consuming raw seed. I hope you live in a somewhat tropical to sub tropical climate, as HBWR cannot be grown indoors and reach flowering maturity without being potted in some sort of large container such as a watering trough. The root systems get massive. If it has been done, please prove me wrong. For germination, it says to score the seed, I soaked a few in hot water over night along with scoring em and got better germ rates.

As for consuming it, 70 seeds is more than enough for an extraction. You should have roughly about 5 doses in 70 seeds. I consider 7 seeds a threshold dose while 15 seeds seems to be the magic number. A suggestion, DO NOT eat more than 15 seeds. If planning on consuming the raw seeds, make sure to scrape off the fuzzy coating on them, you will puke your brains out if you avoid this step.

not sure what you paid or where you got em, but if you want a cheap reliable vendor, you can pm me.

I dont have experience with LSA extractions, but one would think it would keep the upset stomach at bay. Keep us posted.

Edited by fungi2bwith, 03 April 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#9 Deepmeditator

Deepmeditator

DeepMediTated

• OG VIP
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

The other day I remembered I have a bunch of these HBWR seeds on a shelf. Their about 2 years old, I hope they still have some magic in them.

Any way I've been looking for the perfect tek and found quite a few ways to do it u can choose from depending on the purity u desire

some teks will give u end product that's gooey some give u a crystalline end product the latter being a bit more complex and requiring more materials and some teks r for tinctures.

The more attractive and easy way IMO to end with fairly clean lsa from HBWR is the following

materials:

hbwr seeds, coffee grinder, high proof alcohol or pure ipa, naphta or heptane.

procedure:

grind the seed and do a naphta wash on them (cover them with naphta in a closed jar and shake)

discard the naphta and let the seed mush dry completely

Do some pulls on the dry seed mush with the alcohol

Filter out the alcohol and finally evaporate it to recover ur LSA

the alcohol should be left in the jar with the seed mush a few days shaking it whenever u think of it before filtering it to evap

If u want some tek links just PM me :)

as for the cultivation I only had success with germination but after that the seedlings stalled and died I think they were getting too much direct sun light

to germinate I nicked the seeds on the tip far away from the germ eye the soaked 24hr and then into the moist paper towel ziplock chamber and in less then a week there were sprouting

Edited by Deepmeditator, 03 April 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#10 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Definately recommended. It needs 22-28 degrees Celsius for germinating. After that it probably can be adapted for outdoor temperatures but not below 0 degrees Celsius.

I live in Western Washington. While it does get cold, it rarely us below 0°C. Maybe a few days out of the year, but not this past winter for sure.

I have experience with HBWR, growing it and consuming raw seed. I hope you live in a somewhat tropical to sub tropical climate, as HBWR cannot be grown indoors and reach flowering maturity without being potted in some sort of large container such as a watering trough. The root systems get massive. If it has been done, please prove me wrong. For germination, it says to score the seed, I soaked a few in hot water over night along with scoring em and got better germ rates.

As for consuming it, 70 seeds is more than enough for an extraction. You should have roughly about 5 doses in 70 seeds. I consider 7 seeds a threshold dose while 15 seeds seems to be the magic number. A suggestion, DO NOT eat more than 15 seeds. If planning on consuming the raw seeds, make sure to scrape off the fuzzy coating on them, you will puke your brains out if you avoid this step.

not sure what you paid or where you got em, but if you want a cheap reliable vendor, you can pm me.

I dont have experience with LSA extractions, but one would think it would keep the upset stomach at bay. Keep us posted.

I will be Pming you.

How bad is the vascoconatriction? I have a healthy heart, but sometimes HBP with my adrenals overproduction of cortisol. Should I try and find a dialator?

#11 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Oh and I got 52, not 70. I keep getting them mixed up. But I've never had morning glories before either. My mom didn't want us eating the seeds growing up so we never saw them.

#12 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Here they are! So I need to nick from the eye down to the other side laterally? Would a drimmel be overkill?

ForumRunner_20130404_130422.png

ForumRunner_20130404_130448.png

#13 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

I should have taken pictures of the nicked seeds. I had trouble finding ones online. But they were nicked, and soaked. All swelled up, and tonight I will place them in root cubes to root inside next to my cannabis!

#14 quiteblueyes

quiteblueyes

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

I drew a little layout of what and where we planned. Not done, but we're getting there.

d5Q4VHLXK7WE1g5FKN25626f.jpg

#15 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

This is a zombie thread, but an update of sorts. None of the seeds, including the HBWR, ever popped. And now I dont live where I can plant them yet. One day...

• wharfrat likes this

#16 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,829 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

IIRC they need to be rubbed with sand paper before planting because of a very tuff seed

maybe try it with a few and try a germination test?

• coorsmikey and Skywatcher like this

#17 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Yeah I need to order some. Wanted to try them at least. If I do, I'll save a few and try.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!