• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Viscerol

Viscerol

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

My beautiful wife and I are moving to South Carolina from Texas. I truly believe Karma is throwing us a bone. We have been doing the grind for years now, always dreaming of having a place to stretch out.

I am a 18 year mortician who babysits grieving families after death of a loved one. I dread going to work. Death is ugly when you throw in funeral parlors and religion and money. I see ugly things in humanity. I do not believe in my product any longer. Fresh out of college I just wanted to be the guy in the prep room embalming bodies. Eventually pushed to the forefront, selling caskets, wearing a suit and dealing with ugly corporate bosses and crying customers because everyone in this world is so miserable.

My wife sells cheap Chinese products at the Container Store 40 hours a week. Shit you don't need. She gave up funeral directing a few years ago. Her bosses rule with an iron fist.

We are done. Our last day at both jobs is May 23. We are loading our critters and everything in a uhaul and moving. We are buying a RV to live in when we get there and will expand as we go. There is septic, well water and electric. All the farm equipment you could ask for. We are good to go. This is family property currently caring for 7 horses. About 15 miles from anywhere. My wife's parents are in declining health and are happy to let us work the land. We have access to a 5 acres grass pasture and the other 5 are heavily wooded. I will finally have a place for a small outdoor garden of my own. If you catch my drift :reb: Been an indoor grower for years.

I know full well I will eventually need a job somewhere to make ends meet, but I am done with inhumanity in the big city. And I am done with death.

I'll keep you updated and am gonna need some knowledge as well from you. *edit*

- peace

Edited by Viscerol, 21 April 2013 - 09:32 AM.

• dial8, stoffel, Stoned Angel and 3 others like this

#2 Sickmanlives

Sickmanlives

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Good for you!! what an incredible and fantastic decision to make. It's amazing how humanity can just suck you dry and leave you numb.
I hope you have a great transition, it sounds like you already do.

#3 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Congratulations,and best of luck on your new venture.

#4 Jawn

Jawn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

I wish you the best. I lived in Texas for a quarter century thus far and enjoyed it's unique qualities, but I can appreciate your desire to leave the city for the self.

It feels like the human species has reached a point in it's existence where it's ability to manipulate the world around it has exceeded the speediness of our adaptation to it.

Here we are, an animal that's lived in a relatively unchanged way for hundreds of thousands of years.

Oh yeah, and here's GMOs, nuclear weapons, F-22s, and fucking Facebook.

We've made a world for ourself that we're not used to living in, have no adapted to yet, and are unfortunately still being told by all the assholes that came before us that because they indeed came before us, they are right and determine good and evil.

I'm glad you've woken up.

I understand that sounds pretentious and condescending, like I'm looking at you sleeping and congratulating you on joining me in enlightenment, but that is not what I mean. I myself do not feel awake. I feel trapped in this world made around me that I had nothing to do with creating, and have yet to develop the personal sense of freedom to break free and make my life whatever it would be.

Good luck, friend.

Enjoy your new life. Trip your fucking heart out, brother!

#5 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

LIFE is good! You'll get to nurture a lot of it on the farm. Best wishes. Got downwind of the compost pile and take a deep breath for me :)

#6 Arror

Arror

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

My girl's parents own a 500 + acre dairy farm about 40 miles outside of my city. Its heaven. That, in my opinion is the place to live! Good luck and enjoy!

#7 Viscerol

Viscerol

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Thanks for all the positive responses and words of encouragement. In the shower this morning, during a moment of stoned clarity, I realized how right this feels.

I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched (pun intended) but this train is on the tracks and we have a plan so carry on we will.

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

My beautiful wife and I are moving to South Carolina from Texas. I truly believe Karma is throwing us a bone. We have been doing the grind for years now, always dreaming of having a place to stretch out.

I am a 18 year mortician who babysits grieving families after death of a loved one. I dread going to work. Death is ugly when you throw in funeral parlors and religion and money. I see ugly things in humanity. I do not believe in my product any longer. Fresh out of college I just wanted to be the guy in the prep room embalming bodies. Eventually pushed to the forefront, selling caskets, wearing a suit and dealing with ugly corporate bosses and crying customers because everyone in this world is so miserable.

My wife sells cheap Chinese products at the Container Store 40 hours a week. Shit you don't need. She gave up funeral directing a few years ago. Her bosses rule with an iron fist.

We are done. Our last day at both jobs is May 23. We are loading our critters and everything in a uhaul and moving. We are buying a RV to live in when we get there and will expand as we go. There is septic, well water and electric. All the farm equipment you could ask for. We are good to go. This is family property currently caring for 7 horses. About 15 miles from anywhere. My wife's parents are in declining health and are happy to let us work the land. We have access to a 5 acres grass pasture and the other 5 are heavily wooded. I will finally have a place for a small outdoor garden of my own. If you catch my drift :reb: Been an indoor grower for years.

I know full well I will eventually need a job somewhere to make ends meet, but I am done with inhumanity in the big city. And I am done with death.

I'll keep you updated and am gonna need some knowledge as well from you. *edit*

- peace

I Can Totally relate with the job you have and are leaving. When my daughter died, the person helping me at the mortuary completely made me feel guilty for not going the most expensive rout on everything. Last week my father died, and because of my fathers money, i wasn't even asked to be involved.

So, i called the place he was being cremated, told them i was the eldest sibling, and they freaked out because i was never mentioned, nor was i there to sign the papers.. I told them all i wanted was to divide the ashes, so my sister and i could each have an urn, and my brother and other sister could have their burial at sea. They were very caring and gave what i needed at cost. People and their familys get so out of touch, hateful, and greedy when a loved one dies.

All my hopes on a beautiful new start. Where your going is a whole new world and lifestyle. Beautiful, and serene. I know you will love the atmosphere that is friendly and so full of life!

All my hopes...

:heart:

• Stoned Angel likes this

#9 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

In the shower this morning, during a moment of stoned clarity, I realized how right this feels.

Love that feeling. Definitely not an every day kinda thing.

#10 Peaceful

Peaceful

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

I'll be just north of you.Welcome to the Carolinas its a pretty good spot not too far from mountains little bit of a drive to the beach the weather is maybe not as extreme as your use to but that's a plus I'm sure :)

#11 stoffel

stoffel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

nice good luck!

not allways easy to follow what feels right,

so easy to go with the flow and think there isnt another way

there is... !

^^

stoffel

(about the stoned clarity, allways when i did the green dragon (cannabis tincture) i feel if something is right or not, its just my stumic feeling enlarged, which i otherwise ignore because it seems the best option in a pure rational way. when something does feel right it feels soo good! i say just follow your heart man!)

#12 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

Sometimes the best cure for a soul is to get away from all traces of our modern rat race. Glad you are able to do it!

#13 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Sounds so nice. I am so Happy for you. Dreams come true? You're living proof. Thank you for sharing, I needed to hear.

#14 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

I remember in med school when I saw my first cadaver.  I simply said, "forget it."

Bodies.  Meat.

I know we are energy and souls.  That which has no anima has nothing to do with our purpose, or what we should be busy doing.  It contains no love, no creativity, no force of intellect or will.  These are the elements of the true universe.  Not matter or flesh.

I am light and music, temporarily singing through these atoms.  When its light is gone, I am closer to the stars than under the earth.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!