Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Outdoor Magic Mushroom Patches, Season 2013, Ready for the Madness?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

after a shit load of rain, the weather is finally breaking a bit here.

Its rained some 16-18 days STRAIGHT, something that hasnt happened in my
area since the 1800s.... lol

damn rain.

BUT anyways, since the patches are placed ABOVE GROUND and not buried any
depth at all into the ground, they have survived the heavy ass rains we have been
receiving lately. they are flourishing pretty intensely.

SUPER white mycelium has ripped through 100% of the composted manure.

with my patches going now, i have started to try something.
I have a patch fruiting now, i just harvested some goodies, after i harvested I put a
top dressing over top the entire patch. Probably 1/4inch thick, 1/2inch max in some spots.

Im seeing if the mycelium will expand more and just retreat from the base or core of the
patch and start spreading OUTWARD to the new top dressing I put on it.

I have a good feeling it will workout just fine and might be able to keep the patches going
ALLLLL SEASON long. I dont expect them to survive the winter though, but hey never know.

for when winter season comes, im going to pay a nice layer of compost over top of some of the patches.
Might get some of the myc to survive.... just maybe, if it does then it should be able to be spread in
the spring.

:)

Notes on the azures.

The azures are RIPPING up those wood chips. Im about to soak some more chips and add them to the patch.
See if the azure stretch up a little bit and grab onto the newly added chips, i dont see why they wouldnt, but
never know :)

#82 mushroompassion

mushroompassion

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

WOW!! just moved back to the SE USA..and am starting to study up on outdoor grows..THANKS SO MUCH for all the info and the DREAMY pics!! I will be reading this thread many times I think :)

#83 simmysimmy

simmysimmy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Hello all, to those following this thread who are savy in the garden and have that engineering/inginuity spark--What do you all think of wicking beds for Wood lovers. (Im not sure of the tollerences for wood lovers but im sure that all mushrooms need heavier moisture requirements, and a constant supply of readily available moisture seems to be something worth exploiting no?) for those who do not know a wicking bed Google ;) I also have some radical ideas about ligning the shore of a nitrogin rich algae pond with a modified wicking setup to wick moisture out of the pond to the beds. ) I know a lot of ideas all at once but whose willing to have at it?

#84 Psilosophie

Psilosophie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hello all, to those following this thread who are savy in the garden and have that engineering/inginuity spark--What do you all think of wicking beds for Wood lovers. (Im not sure of the tollerences for wood lovers but im sure that all mushrooms need heavier moisture requirements, and a constant supply of readily available moisture seems to be something worth exploiting no?) for those who do not know a wicking bed Google ;) I also have some radical ideas about ligning the shore of a nitrogin rich algae pond with a modified wicking setup to wick moisture out of the pond to the beds. ) I know a lot of ideas all at once but whose willing to have at it?

You might be able to do some interesting things maximizing/capturing evapotranspiration

#85 HyperspaceShaman

HyperspaceShaman

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Nice work man! I am trying to pull my notes together to get an az patch going next year. Some good info! look forward to fall:eusa_clap

#86 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,053 posts

Donator

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

just Wanted To give This Thread A Bump for Those Who Have Not Read Read.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!