• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

It was mothers day Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper were coming near me and I always go to a zombie show if it is close enough to me.First time I seen Zombie was in 92 when he was white zombie and loved the show, to me one of the best shows on the road.I had 5 tickets to go to the show. 1 of my friends called me that mourning said said he couldn't go. So I had a spare ticket and didnt know who to take with me so instead of racking my brain I pulled out 2 ounces of mushies ran them through a coffee grinder set them aside.I made up a double batch of rice krispy treats, was ready to dump it out into the pan grabbed the mushie powder put it in the bowl stirred it around real good put the treats in the pans to get hard. This was around noon, I had to go put flowers on my mothers grave so I took care of that.

The concert was at 7pm had an hour drive and prefer to be there 1 1/2 hours before the show so I can get close to the stage.I told my friends to be at my house at 4:30. About 2pm I got home from putting out the flowers and my grandmother called me.She had made some sticky buns and wanted to know if I wanted some. I told her yes,I could tell she wanted to see somebody. I told her I was going to a concert and if she wanted to see me today that I was leaving in 2 hours.I would come by but was going to break out the black and white face paint and didnt have time to come by today.I told her if she wanted to see me today she could come by anytime before 4.

I started to get ready took a shower got dressed and grandma was not hear yet, so I broke out the face paint in the bathroom and started going to town.I had all the white on and most of the black for a skull.I was starting to black out my nose and I heard hello honey, I looked to my right there was grandma.I told her hello and said give a minute to finish this and will be with you.She turned around said she needed some milk, I told her it is in the fridge.I finished my make up and went out to the living room to grab a smoke.

I sat in the recliner grandma was on the far end of the sofa, I looked at her and seen a paper towel on the end table by the lamp.I asked her how the sticky buns are.She said she didnt know, that she had ate some of the rice krispy treats. I asked her in horror where did you get the treats at. She told me silly the ones on the plate in your kitchen.I asked how many she had ate and she told me 2.Each treat had roughly 4g of mushroom powder in them.In my head I was holly shit what am I going to do 1.Grandma does not know anything of me smoking weed or let alone shrooms 2. What am i going to do with a 74 year old woman that is frying her ass off,let alone never ever done a illegal drug before in her life.

I got up went to my room got my bag of weed and went out to the living room. I sat down beside grandma and told her we need to have a serious talk. She grabbed my leg right above the knee and said am I going to become a great grandmother? I told her no and then proceeded to tell my god loving,bible thumping,74 year old grandma that she ate mushrooms and was going to trip her ass off hard.I was surprised it went over better than I thought it would, but trust me it was not easy. She thought the devil had entered her and was crying, I got that shut down told her that you need to relax here smoke this and handed her a joint. She did smoke camel non filters and she grabbed it hit it and asked me what cig it was, had a fruity taste after she was done choking.I told her it is weed and she went off the walls again.I finally got her calmed down, high as a kite, relaxed,and accepting that she was about to have an experiance like she has never had before.The problem is what the hell am I going to do with her.

My buddies started showed up at my house in 1 car.They opened up the back door hollared yo and I told them to come in.They walked in the living room looked at me and said are you ready to go.I looked up at them and all 3 were staring at my high as a kite grandma. There was no hiding she was high as a kite.Then it dawned on me what I was going to do with grandma she was coming to the show with us.I told my buddies dont trip grandma ate 2 treats and she is coming with us.They started laughing and 1 said man dont pull my leg. I told him was not bullshitting grandma is coming with us so grab your treats and we have got to go.Grab as many as you want each 1 has 4g of mushroom powder in it.I told grandma your coming with us get up and lets go.Grandma got up we piled into my pick up and took off.We got about half way there and grandma asked me why she was feeling strange. I told her its the mushrooms, I asked her if her vision was screwed up and she said no.I broke out 3 treats started to eat and so did everyone else.There was a huge white elaphant in the truck but everyone powered through, joints were being passed around 1 right after another and grandma hit it each time before she passed it. How she didnt get knocked out from the weed I do not know.

We got parked and went to get out, grandma had hell of a time walking said that there was colors everywhere and the road was breathing, and the street lites were crying.I told her its the drug and it will proboly get more intense as the nite goes on, and do not fight it just relax enjoy this experiance it will pass in 8 hours.The group of us start to walk up to the doors and people are starring, pointing,laughing.I just held my head up high ignored them.Finally the doors opened up and made my way right down to the stage with grandma.I was hammered out just trippin balls,I told her that when the lights go out people are going to shove and we will be stuck against the barricade.I asked how she was feeling she said it was great and that she was not fighting the feeling, just going with the flow. Alice came on stage, I never seen cooper before and his show was great, seen him die 6 differant ways a very vaudville show. I was looking over at grandma through coopers set and could tell she was blitzed but she was not freiking out.Just a shit grin her face.

When his skit ended I told her that the next guy is rob zombie and to put these ear plugs in.She went to grab them off of my hand and had a real tough time with motor skills so I put them in her ears for her, smiled and thought to myself this is proboly the best concert I have been too.Rob come on started off with pussy liquoer, was glad I had ear plugs in was on the right side center of the stage it was damn loud. He ended pussy and started pumping the crowd up he looked to his left seen me then I see the look on his face when he seen grandma and her white hair.It was a WTF is this dude wearing face paint like a skull and this old lady beside him.The show went on and it was a awsome show, tons of pyro,killer lights,plenty of robots, go go girls,so damn loud it was almost hard to breathe from the driving bass line. The end of the show chicken feathers were shot out over the crowd, I have yet to understand that too this day but then the white lites came on and people started to leave.I waited for the crowd to thin out looked down at grandma, she had the biggest smile on her face and her eyes damn there was no color in her pupils they were just huge black dots.I asked her if she had a good time, she said it was one of the best nites of her life.On the way home grandma asked me if I had more mushrooms. I told her I did, and if she ever wanted any to call me.

She slept at my house that nite, the next I day woke up and the table had the spread on it bacon,eggs,pancakes,sausage and steak.I thanked her for cooking it all and asked her if she was okay with my other life she knew nothing about.She said she didnt sleep kept thinking about being closed minded.She told me that she was sorry that she was so against the use of these items.She said that it was the most wonderfull thing she had ever done and wanted to do them more.She said the concert was exilerating, made her feel like she was 30 again, the way the music pounded your body,the way the mushies made everything crisper,clearer, made her mind accept things and break through walls that she didnt want to go into.She told me that the family cannot know and I said that would be a good thing and trust me I am not saying anything. I tripped with grandma and few of my close freinds for the next 2 years almost every weekend, and for some reason she developed a half ounce a week habbit of weed, and grew found of real heavy metal. You want to see something hilarious have a 75 year old woman go into a music shop and buy master of puppets, and then tell the snot nosed kid behind the counter that rap sucks you need metal in your life.She would come over smoke some weed and say take me to the music shop I need new music.Grandma changed her life from that nite for the better after the concert, she still went to church maintaned that reputation but instead of talking to me about god she wanted to know who had a hard driving bass line.

I was so glad I could open up to her and show her the way to the other side.When she passed at the funeral I put an ounce of mushies in her blouse, told her to stay right out on her journey and will see you soon. That nite after the funeral I stepped off hard ate 12 g of mushies. It felt strange with her not there with me but it was also the warmest trip I had because I could feel her there.The other hilarious thing was when the family went through her house,dad (her first child) found her glass pipe and bong collection, her volcano,grinders, the roach jar,and alot of hard heavy metal. I was asked about those items and said well I don't know how or what they are doing in her house, guees grandma was a closet pot head.To this day when I hear a zombie tune I can see the look on her face when they were blowin flames out of the stage on the song dragula.That for me is the most absolute craziest trip I have had and to this day I am happy I was able to help her out.My freinds to this day talk about trippin with grandma with affection and love.Good times, good company.........

Here is the song that grandma could never ever get enough of.

[Direct Link]

Edited by stonestare, 28 April 2013 - 07:55 PM.
Needed the jam in this

• Dr.Hallucination , Hash_Man, PsyBearknot and 13 others like this

#2 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

HAHAAHAHAHAHA.
This is the best damn thread I have read in a very long time.
EPIC.

#3 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

I really enjoyed reading that Stonestare. Thanks for sharing with us. Mushrooms, Grandma and Rob Zombie, now that is a memory.

R.I.P Grandma.

:heartbeat

#4 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Everyone you are welcome. I have done alot of crazy shit trippin but that nite is the cherry.It deffeniatly let me get alot closer to her than I was ever before.I will cherish that nite until I die just soooooo wrong on so many levels but made the best with it that I could

#5 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

When I first started reading it I was thinking OH NO.....Here we go...
Then I was like YES YES YES.
HA

#6 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

If anyone has a crazy hilarious shit post it hear or start a thread. i would love to hear some of the funny shit that happens

#7 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

:lol: cool story!... my granny would have whooped my ass when she came down! then probably asked for some more treats and a beer... :lol:
hmm there is a zombie show coming up soon..... :eusa_thin might be worth the ass whoopin! she is 75 now so it shouldnt hurt too bad anymore... :lol:

#8 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

GREAT Story, I'll be laughing about it all day. :D

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,841 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

Makes me wanna go dose my mom right now... :amazed: :headbang:

And even though taking her to an Alice Cooper/ Rob Zombie concert after she accidentally ate 8 grams goes against all logic and reason, the way it all turned out nicely illustrates the limits of logic and reason (especially when psychedelics are involved!). It's uncanny how the classic entheogens seem to protect us even as they stick us right into the heart of Weirdness, and when our intuition tells us to do something contrary to logic we should generally go with our intuition (but beware of emotional entanglements that cloud intuition and inspire bad decisions...).

There are only three primary rules for tripping (ensure a good set and proper setting and take a reasonable dose) and you broke 'em all. But it turned out beautifully which suggests that even those simple "rules" are a kind of dogma that's crept in to the scene, and when the scene is exploring hyperspace it seems to me that attempts at defining a rigid set of rules for how it should be done (or how to do it right) are still a bit premature.

I'm going to cite this story in the future when I recommend that first-timers go big (which I almost always do) since it perfectly illustrates the reasons for doing so. If grandma had had a previous (and milder) experience to judge an 8-gram dose against then she'd have known how "fucked up" she "really" was and that's when people start to get anxious even if they're not in the pit at a Zombie show.

Thanks for sharing the story, wish I coulda been there to see it in person!

#10 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Tv the only reason I took her was I knew mentally she was damn strong and could take about anything.Yes I broke the 3 rules of tripping but I really did not want to miss the show,and I know that when you do this for the first time it is like a mirror and a hammer.You are the mirror and will get shattered IF the teacher can control it in a positive way, to break through. I figured what the hell your going to fry why not a killer concert to go to and have the ultimate experiance for your first time.That way there are no barricades, I see alot of people limit themselves and they shouldn't.The nice thing at the concert we were right up against the barricade up front and people did not shove and push around her, she had room to move around and did not get slammed by people.Once I got her calmed down at the house she was a trooper for the entire nite.The huge blessing of it was she knew nothing about going out there, had no reservations, had not heard horror stories about trippin. I told her I would be beside her the entire nite, not to fight it, and just relax and let your mind go.I have taken many people on there first adventure and 90% of the time they are nervous because they have heard second hand info.They are unsure and have heard this or that.That is why I hit hard to start with, just shut you down and let the orbit of space begin.Granted grandma didnt know shit from shine ola and it made the entire thing alot easier.

I do not really mention dose but I am with you 100% on this. When I dose people the first time I do a hard dose to give them the full on experiance.I have found doing lite doses its like I am fighting with it the entire time, when is it going to hit, not enough color, no visuals, just alot of anexiety so I go hard. That way there is no point of return you are commited, and will truely have an experiance.When I first started shroomin wild species when I was young we didnt scale anything out. We went out picked, divided everything by who was there and ate. I know some say 5g is a hero dose to this day its 8g dry at the smallest.I have ate half ounce more than once and it depends on where I am at. 8g no fear of going out in public, more than that I prefer to be with a few people at nite time with a nice fire burning.I started real young with lucy and I am about to reach my 25th anniversary here in a couple of months. I have tons of crazy times under my belt, have seen some crazy crazy things but have yet to go through a bad trip. I have been with people that do have a bad trip and its because they are fighting it,scared,or trying to use the brain wich you cant at that time. I am not trying to be the bad ass on the block but my years of dealing with this has taught me alot of good things and I hope it does to others as well. Anything can happen when trippin and its up to YOU to decide how it will affect you.
  • Sidestreet likes this

#11 psycheholic

psycheholic

S-W-I-M Team

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Friggn awesome read man, I couldn't imagine trippn with grandma....maybe my grandpa LOL. I love how psychedelics can break down barriers in our mind and open us up to other worlds and dimensions, whether they are real or not.

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,841 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Tv the only reason I took her was I knew mentally she was damn strong and could take about anything.Yes I broke the 3 rules of tripping but I really did not want to miss the show,and I know that when you do this for the first time it is like a mirror and a hammer.You are the mirror and will get shattered IF the teacher can control it in a positive way, to break through.

My only point was that your story nicely demonstrates how the "rules" of tripping can be limiting and are borderline-dogmatic so we ought to think of them more as "suggestions" so as to not damn ourselves to a rough ride because we're anxious about "doing it wrong."

I've broken them all as well, sometimes just one and sometimes all three simultaneously and those have been some of the most memorable experiences of my life, though admittedly experiences where our life almost ends tend to be memorable so it's a fine line. None were bad, some were scary as hell but I don't equate a few moments of visceral terror with a "bad trip," more like a "hyper-vivid lesson" and the time I went hang-gliding on mushrooms comes to mind as one example [Handy tip: Stare at the horizon, NOT the rapidly-receding ground as the ultralight tows you up unless you want to see just how intense vertigo can be... until that day I only thought I knew!]. Luckily I only broke the set and setting rules and I kept the dose moderate to low (hanging from what feels like nothing more than a tent with 3000 feet of air under my feet was not the most calming setting and vertigo wasn't helping at all as a set). Plus it was a tandem flight with an instructor; if I'd tried it solo I would've almost certainly crashed myself and the ultralight on the way up. Then there was that time a friend and I got run over by a train (twice) in Austria while on a lot of LSD... And the time while frolicking in the sand dunes late at night 1/4 mile North of the Mexican border near the CA/AZ state line when we drank pedro tea and dropped some sugar cubes of liquid (nice combo!) and the border patrol showed up in two helicopters... (and so on...).

I think I'm living proof that entheogens sometimes extend powerful protection over us (probably protection from ourselves, lol) since by all rights I truly shouldn't be here after some of the shit I've pulled. But I've also seen how complacency can inspire the molecules to withdraw that protection (for our own good, no doubt). Many an experienced tripper has blissfully explored far and wide for many years until one day all of a sudden they do their usual psychedelic routine and get a world-class mental ass whoopin'. It seems to mainly afflict those who are either too cocky or too humble IME. Too cocky and we're reminded that no, we really don't know jack shit after all and too humble and we're reminded that no, we're really not inconsequential passive observers powerless to affect anything.

That too much humility is undesirable might be counter-intuitive but IMO thinking that the Universe is some really really big "thing" that exists "out there" and that we're merely vanishingly small specks floating around aimlessly in it like dust in the air is not only depressing and seems likely to encourage fatalism, it's also plain wrong as physics has been pointing out for about 100 years now. We need a word that's equivalent to "humbled" but means the opposite and has no negative connotations since being reminded that reality is a co-creative process that's made up of equal parts us and the Universe is empowering but not to the point of arrogance (we're still only 50% of the equation after all). Hell, maybe "empowered" works since that's how it feels to realize that you're god (small-G!). But since we're all gods-with-small-g's then there's no sense getting uppity about it.
  • phlegmbae, bp's liver and Neptunechild like this

#13 Purple Mushroom Tip

Purple Mushroom Tip

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

what a great story you weaved there.

#14 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Tv thank you for your insight. I am proboly not the best person with words and sometimes my intent does not seem what I meant. You are able to describe emotion,thought,and experiance where I cannot and thank you for that. I know my day is coming where I am going to gt a mental ass whippin everyone does but I do not think about when it will happen, I will deal with it when I do.Etho's allow us so many good things in our lives that it would be hard for me to try and answer questions I have without them.Once again thank you for your insight and thoughts, I do respect them very much.

#15 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,434 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Yep dunno how I missed this one, but thank you for this priceless story! Two thumbs up lol

#16 JJ800M

JJ800M

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

Oh I would have absolutely loved to meet that woman! :)

RIP!

#17 permafrying

permafrying

what

• Expired Member
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

Dunno how I missed this. I saw the title and thaught oh shit this won't end will then read the most epic trip story ever. That's awesome your grandma opened up to it I can't imagine tripping with my grandma she's heavily religious kind of stereotypical nice white church going granny but I have feeling shed be laughing her ass off half the time

#18 krookie

krookie

Dalton's keeper

• Expired Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

once daltons mushrooms are done, he plans on sharing some with his ganja toking mother, theyve discussed teh effects and he has assured her she will enjoy it. ill have to tell him to read this thread, really inspiring stuff.

#19 Fenix

Fenix

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

Wow great story and so cool you had a chance to share this with your grandma.

Really enjoyed reading this.

#20 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Thanks Feinix, one thing have learned when using these is you got to be flexiable and always beable to turn things to your favor.  I was glad I could put a change to her in a positive ay, and get her from being so conservitve and closed minded. you  just don't know what can happen and you just got to make the best of it no matter what it is.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!