• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Fenix

Fenix

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

you  just don't know what can happen and you just got to make the best of it no matter what it is.

That's a good way to take life!
  • stonestare likes this

#22 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,166 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

you had me at "mother's day" and "rob zombie."

no, i'm just kidding.  i didn't even read your thread.

just thought the beginning was funny.

#23 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

Its been awhile. I had to come back and read this again. Times do change, and we do change aswell. I had a trip august 2016 with a group of very buetiful people. That nite in august of last year was a break through that cut to the depths of my soul. I am not sure if I will ever journey that far and that hard again in my life, but never say no because we never do know. That nite last year will never be forgotten as long as I am alive. I finally realized I am a empath, that has answered alot of questions I have had about myself. It has brought comfort and ease to me.

The main reason for even posting anything here again, when I could of read this without logging in is purely this.

Time continues on it never stops. Sometimes we fade away, hopefully when the fade does happen and then when we decide to bring ourselves foward again its to mearly say I am still out there and still beating the streets the same as usual. I do wish everyone has comfort and they are doing okay. I miss alot of people that I use to know. Remember to not pass judgement off a 1 sided story and to always watch the sun set every nite you possibly can. To those that know me and to those that don't I just want to say love you all and do not get wrapped up in the trivial shit in life, there is so much more meaningfull things to focus on.
  • Sidestreet, phlegmbae, coorsmikey and 4 others like this

#24 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,445 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

Still one of my all time favorite reports.....................

Good to see you stonestare. Yes, there are always more meaningful, and productive things we can focus on. Watching the sun rise is also a good way to be only in the moment.

I see it as seasons of our life. I am now well into Autumn, and try to enjoy the moments as I did in the spring of my days. Love back to you stonestare.

• stonestare likes this

#25 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

I am laughing with tears that was beautiful !
  • Coopdog and stonestare like this

#26 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Kudo's to Grandma.

You go girl!

• stonestare likes this

#27 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,687 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:28 PM

I loved it, and actually cried. I miss my Gma too. SO much it hurts all the time.

• Skywatcher likes this

#28 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:25 PM

Its been awhile. ....

The main reason for even posting anything here again, when I could of read this without logging in is purely this.

Time continues on it never stops. Sometimes we fade away, hopefully when the fade does happen and then when we decide to bring ourselves foward again its to mearly say I am still out there and still beating the streets the same as usual. I do wish everyone has comfort and they are doing okay.

Pretty much wraps up my on / off again affair with mycotopia, better said than I could have in a hundred years.

My best friend from back in the day (I'm talking 6th grade-day) is a ravening heroin / multiple substance abuser / junkie.  Every year or so I google his name just to see if he's been recently busted or if he's alive, or if he's assumed room temperature.

Every time I get back to the 'ol website, it's like finding that an old friend hasn't kicked, and reconnecting with the people recharges me in ways I can't describe, but you've done it quite well. 

Loved the trip report.  My G'ma gave me three dollars once ...

BTW - I'm not comparing 'topia to a heroin junkie, but to old friends you hope aren't dead (just for clarification - I'm often misunderstood)   :)

soliver

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#29 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,505 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

Very much enjoyed reading this again. Still one of the best damn trip reports I have ever read in my life and a beautiful story all the way around. 

• onediadem likes this

#30 GORF

GORF

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

I too, miss my grandma.

She was the wise ass of the clan. When we were 8 years old, my cousin and i set fire to some grass outside a neighbor's house playing with a magnifying glass. It got put out out before doing more than scorching a little bit of fencing. My dear g ma gave us pretty wrapped boxes of strike anywhere matches for Christmas that year.

I miss her so much.
  • onediadem likes this

#31 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,939 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

That wuz sum funny shit thar.     But, I'm in my 70s and I can't understand the metal music.   It's like the words are sung through a fuzz tone to my ears.  

• Juthro likes this

#32 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:08 PM

Your limits are the ones you set for yourself.

Metal is what musicians do when they're tired of playing backup for Darius Fucking Rucker or whomever. 

4 x 4 time is great for a while - what if we speed that shit up?  What if we (gasp) alternate the timing? 

Jazz and Metal. 

Mellow black dudes and angry motherfucking honkeys ... all of 'em playing some weird shit.

:)

soliver

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,939 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

Maybe it's the tinnitus, but I can't understand any lyrics.  If it has to make it on the beautiful melodies, I can find better.   I am stuck in the '60s because that was when I could understand the words.  Phil Spector ruined all that for me, and then became a murderer.  

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 June 2018 - 08:37 PM.

• onediadem and Juthro like this

#34 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Once you create a wall of sound, there's no going back (until you get caught) ...

screen-shot-2014-09-23-at-10-00-41-pm.pn

As it turns out, prison sucks. 

:)

soliver

#35 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,939 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:59 PM

Phil-Spector-Pyrenees-Castle-Alhambra.jp

I grew up at the bottom of the hill where he off'd that lady in the foyer of his Pyrenees castle.  I played many hours on the grounds, ducking the hired man, when I was a kid.  It was apartments back then, but it was built by a sheep farmer who owned everything around there before LA's urban sprawl got there. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 18 June 2018 - 12:03 AM.

#36 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,943 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:21 AM

Making my living as a man who keeps things running has caused a lot of damage to my ears over the years.  I totally understand what Alder is talking about.

Its not that I don't want too listen, its more that I just cant hear....

• onediadem likes this

#37 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,939 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

Hayee, wha's'at you say? 

Loud noises have been killing my ears ever since I was  kid.  But still, I think music has gone downhill since the early '70s.   I doubt I would change my mind, even if I hadn't had all those cherry bombs, muzzle blasts, dragsters, explosions heard on sonar headsets, and a little bit of loud music, blasting my ears.

#38 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,943 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

So if I understand correctly, according to Alder this song is from the pinnacle of musics evolution.....  and it is only downhill after this.

[Direct Link]

• Soliver likes this

#39 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,939 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

Abba isn't my cup of tea either.  The '60s were fading away in the early '70s.   I guess I would take anything Tricky Dick wouldn't like.

• Soliver likes this

#40 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

But you gotta admit those outfits are pretty damn snazzy ....

• Alder Logs and Juthro like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!