Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

won't slow pinning much, if at all.

#22 jamesluig

jamesluig

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:26 AM

I also fan 3 or 4 times a day with very good results.When I get lazy and only fan 1 or 2 times a day I get a lot of aborts.I'll gladly wait an extra 2 or 3 days fanning 3 to 4 times a day with few if any aborts,than fanning onces a day with many aborts.But I've noticed that what works best for one person doesn't for someone else.Try different methods and find what you like best.That's the fun of growing.

#23 jrogers311

jrogers311

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:55 AM

Infected: I bet youve got some pins by now how about an update?:eusa_pray

#24 aettis

aettis

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:08 AM

Straight verm casings, I have been fruiting foro about two weeks now, or in the fruiting stage, althought there has been no pin formation, just a lot of myc. colonizing the patching I keep putting on. This is the 3rd time I have had to patch. Has anyone gone through this?

Thanks.

-Aettis

#25 nighttripper

nighttripper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:54 AM

patience is a virtue.....As I've recently learned. I spawned two brf jars to a straw pellet substrate and it took almost a month to pin up...man was it worth it...huge first flush....just wait it out and don't over mist

#26 aettis

aettis

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:23 AM

Thanks.

#27 Mikester1989

Mikester1989

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:55 AM

yeah man.. patience! do NOT touch ur casing nor move it.. cus itll just take htat much longer... my biggest mistake was being impatient.. thatll only make it take longer... for instance i made my casing a month ago and it finally started to pin yesterday but in the mean while get a sack n chief up! :smokin:

#28 aettis

aettis

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:15 PM

Except for having to patch...that is my biggest fear. The only moving I did, was to churn up the casing layer a bit because it was starting to colonize quite thouroughly. I scratched a bit and patched and I am waiting. Got some karo finally colonized and have been wanting to try some verm/coir casings and peat/verm casings too. I want to see how much better that coir hold moisture than the verm. I have found that verm likes to evaporate water quite quickly, I hope the coir holds that moisture better, but from what I have read, it seems it does. No pasturizing coir, when casing right? Pretty much just break from the brick, hydrate to capacity, mix in the verm and hyd. lime, and your casing layer is done, right? Or should we atleast nuke the final casing mix just for an extra step of steralization.

1 month for your casing to pin, were they straight verm?

Thanks again.

#29 Mikester1989

Mikester1989

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:01 PM

yeah man my biggest advice would be to just leave it alone besides fannign and misting

#30 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:31 PM

quit patching and scratching.

#31 Mikester1989

Mikester1989

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

yeah scratching almost screwed me over ... i did dunk b4 my first flush and that seemed to help... but i wudnt do that if i were you unless its really dry

#32 aettis

aettis

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:10 AM

I've scratched only once and that was because I have read much about overlay. I noticed that a couple of the casings had pretty much colonized through my verm casing layer really well and was worried about overlay. With straight verm casings, do you have to worry about overlay? Or do you just, after patching, let it colonize all it wants, exposing it to the fruiting conditions?

-Aettis

#33 Eldeeder

Eldeeder

Former Member

• Expired Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

Say someone had a few cakes that have been fully colonized for 4-6 days, and haven't began to pin yet. Anything that person should do?

#34 BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

yes sit and wait dont try to rush things
what strain is your foaf using?

#35 Eldeeder

Eldeeder

Former Member

• Expired Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

Lets say B+

#36 BIGBOOMER

BIGBOOMER

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

if your foaf has the high rh 90% and air exchange he needs to wait it out they will come

#37 reefer

reefer

Mod of the Ocean

• Expired Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:01 PM

average is probably 7 to 14 days or so.

#38 tbonus

tbonus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

I would like to know what most of you guys,[&girls] do for brf-verm cakes, either birth the cakes prior to pinset,or leave in the jars until pinning starts?:space:

#39 SquaresandCubes

SquaresandCubes

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:21 PM

I have limited experience but I birthed them when they all were 100% colonized and they pinned nicely in the fruiting chamber.

Some say it is better to wait for pinning but mine worked out fine.
Experiment. Do half each way and see what works.

#40 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

I used to birth 5 days after the outside is colonized. Then they would get a 12 hour dunk and moved to the chamber.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!