• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:41 PM

One layer should be fine unless you plan to hacky sack with the jars!

Cakes are pretty light.

#62 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:22 PM

One layer should be fine unless you plan to hacky sack with the jars!

heh darn! that was the only reason i bothered to make them

#63 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:43 PM

I'm with BuckarooBanzai...tyvek alone would allow too much air exchange, unless you are in a particularly humid environ. Tyvek with duct tape on the outside would be good.

To keep the cakes up I used little PVC risers...go to a large hardware store and look for 1" black rings. They are perfect for Chronic tek. I once bought a PVC tube and used a hacksaw to make many of these, but that method created too many jagged edges that could harbour contams. The 1" items cost about $1 each and are easy to keep clean; I bleach dunked in the 500ml jars, riser & cake.

#64 OZ

OZ

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

when i did chronic teks i never bothered to prop the cakes up, but its always a good idea. yeah, tin foil with like 4 holes in it should work like a charm

#65 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:05 PM

Sorry for the bad advice, folks. I did not realize how much air tyvek allows to pass, but I learn something every day here. Peace.

#66 Guest_:-( pr0zac )-:_*

Guest_:-( pr0zac )-:_*

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

Just a few pics to show how things are going on various projects...

The first three are from an Amazon invitro grow in pint jars... extra vermiculite is stacked on top to give some of the shrooms a place to go (which I sort of regret because of the near impossibility of getting all that damn verm off the shrooms afterwards)...

The next two are from some relatively spent Amazonian BRF cakes colonizing about a quart of manure in a half-gallon mason jar, and some of the current growth...

The following two are from the first Amzn invitro cake, which was placed in a terrarium after harvest and yielded the pictured second flush (humidity was a bit low at the time)... ultrasonic humidifier was used with a timer in conjunction with a thin layer of perlite to suck up and redistribute excess condensation... all put together in a large rubbermaid box...

The last three are of some recent Chronic Tek flushes with Tapalpa. The last two pictures depict some fairly large shrooms which made it VERY difficult to get the cake out of the quart jar without tearing it in half. Ended up cutting them off with a knife inside the jar to get it out.

Been very happy with Tapalpa. Fast colonizer. Very solid, meaty stems and caps. Prolific pinner. Getting more aborts with it than with Amazon, but it more than makes up for it with what survives and total weight.

Also growing some SA and Dixieland right now... one of the Dixieland jars that had been sitting for an extra long time looks like it has started to pin invitro in the dark... a little light must've gotten in - or is it possible for it to pin in the dark if you wait long enough?

Also seeing a common defect on one of my Amazon cakes right now; one of the shrooms is growing upside down (cap stuck in the cake, stem growing outwards). Will post some pics of it as it gets bigger.

Attached Thumbnails

• AM Man2.jpg
  • Tap Chro3.jpg
  • Tap Chro2.jpg
  • Tap Chro1.jpg
  • AM Ter2.jpg
  • AM Ter1.jpg
  • AM Inv3.jpg
  • AM Man1.jpg
  • AM Inv1.jpg
  • AM Inv2.jpg

#67 viraljimmy

viraljimmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:27 PM

Real nice there!

#68 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

Very nice.

#69 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

Yea nice pics. I'm sure lots of people have plenty of quart jars lying around. :D

#70 Guest_:-( pr0zac )-:_*

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for the kind words, all!
And now, your moment of zen:

Mutimous.jpg
:meditate: :meditate: :meditate:

#71 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

Nice work, man. I knew you were going to kick ass in this hobby...just KNEW it from those first few posts!

Looking forward to future grows...

#72 Guest_:-( pr0zac )-:_*

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

Appreciate the support, Buck. :)

Got some dixieland growing now, and some heavily fruiting pint cakes in half gallon mason jars.

Just picking the shrooms off of all the grows I've got going is getting to be quite a chore - taking about 30 minutes a day at this point (and much longer to get everything moving down the assembly line of drying, storing, [cake] dunking, re-casing, and replacing in the terrariums).

Will post some more pictures soon, and hopefully get some SA's growing here in another couple days.

#73 prismaticEffects

prismaticEffects

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:32 AM

beautiful stuff.
inspiring stuff...

:teeth:

you're a pro, prozac

[EDIT]: nice to see someone else is doing dixieland invitro-style - good luck and keep those pics coming

#74 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:28 AM

we haven't had someone do some kickass chronic tek...
in a very long while...looks great mang..;)...

i'm gonna have to..

archive material on this one....keep the pics coming..:D

#75 Guest_:-( pr0zac )-:_*

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

Thanks again.

No pictures of Dixieland yet because I neglected the first flush and it rotted. No shrooms were saved - they all smelled like canned cat food.

Here's a picture of the tangled second flush of a pint Amazon cake growing in a half-gallon mason jar and this last month's dried harvest in a half-gallon jar with a few packets of Z100 "Ageless" oxygen absorbers.

Attached Thumbnails

• AM_half_gallon.jpg
  • dried_half_gallon.jpg

#76 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

that is a picture perfect chronic tek right there...:D

#77 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:03 PM

:bow:
well done.

#78 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

http://mycotopia.net...50&d=1153525233

should be nominated for pic of the month

#79 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:16 PM

bump*

any new updates at all..?

#80 Guest_:-( pr0zac )-:_*

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:25 AM

Not yet - two pints of South Americans got contaminated after birth and having a bit of trouble getting Dixieland to produce anything photogenic.

Looking to have a pretty dense flush coming in the next day or so, though.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!