kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,787 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Let's talk about edibles, what's yer favorite? :greenboun

Mine is granola bars. Budder, local honey, dried fruit, and oats. What's not to love?
  • Coopdog and TheObserver like this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

I have been working with a nut/seed butter made out of almonds/salted pistachio/sunflower seeds and thc coconut oil

Very versital. Usually eat alone but Have recently been fascinstead with a vegan chocolate peanut butter ice cream that uses coconut oil as well. Double the punch in the Ice cream and homade nut butter.

#3 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

we make hard candies.

#4 Nunyabiz

Nunyabiz

Teonanacatl

• Expired Member
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Gotta be brownies.. My buddy gave me one a few months ago and I forgot I ate it.. Was taking a shower, got light headed and legs all wobbly. Got a little scared at first like wtf? Then I remembered. LMMFAO
  • Neptunechild likes this

#5 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

we make hard candies.

Got a link to a Tek or recipe for hard candy?

#6 Myceliups

Myceliups

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

We make peanut butter cups on this end.. Use BHO and coconut oil for infusion! yumm

#7 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Brownies and cookies I swear there's a very big girl inside me because I love baked goodies! :teeth:
  • happy4nic8r likes this

#8 wakeNbass

wakeNbass

Condensed Vibrations

• Expired Member
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Rice Crispy treats :)
  • happy4nic8r likes this

#9 Rebelutionsssss

Rebelutionsssss

Mycotopia

• Expired Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Cookies and cream white chocolate bars!

#10 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,055 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

I made some fruity pebble treats with some of my own butter that were rediculous. I like them all but had a friend do a coconut oil and used grated coconut and a little caramelized sugar, let that harden and dipped in dark chocolate and those things tasted incredible but his oil was on the weak side. Need to make my own oil and refine this a little.

#11 gardentoad

gardentoad

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

I love dark chocolate fudge made with strong butter.  

#12 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,445 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

I made friends online ages and ages ago on a now-defunct forum who sent me some amazing peanut butter cannabis cookies. OH BOY were those strong! Tasty, too. These days I'm too sketched to receive anything illegal in the mail and don't have any cannabis connects around here. Got a buddy in Colorado who's willing to send but I told him don't bother... too sketched and you know they're looking at any mail out of Colorado with a fine toothed comb anyway. I'd like some but no need to ruin myself or him or what Colorado has going for it so I can abstain.

Man, one of those cookies had me flying high for ages!

At least I got a friend in Colorado I can come visit if I get the time and money together who'd smoke me/edible me up for free so it could be worse. :)

Edited by niemandgeist, 13 April 2015 - 05:29 PM.

#13 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,127 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

Oatmeal cookies made with some potent cannabis butter. Maybe I'll put some chocolate chunks in them this time. Nomnom

#14 entheonaut

entheonaut

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

Anything that takes butter is good with cannibus butter IMO. My fave so far is cannibus mac & cheese.

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

My own!

I've never had any others that come close in terms of the quality or duration of the high from a given quantity of hash or oil. I make chocolates out of isomerized hash or hash oil. I'm frankly baffled why everyone who makes edibles doesn't do that to their oil or hash first since it can make it as much as 5 times more potent, though that's rare. Usually it just doubles or triples it (the amount of potentiation possible is directly related to the CBD level since it works by "isomerizing" CBD into THC, plus makes the THC 'higher rotating' in a molecular sense, which provides the more "psychedelic" feeling, more-intense body-buzz, and much clearer head than conventional edibles made with un-isomerized hash provide).

That is, I can make 12 pieces/doses from as little as 1.3 grams of isomerized hash, and each one gives me an awesome, clear headed high that lasts about 6 hours as well as a very strong "body high;" it feels like laying in a hammock while I'm walking down the street. I continue socializing too, even though I normally get real quiet when I smoke bud or hash. That's from roughly 108 mg of hash (not THC!) per piece. I'm not sure how much actual THC is in them since I lack chromatography equipment.

Usually I use 1.7 grams per batch for typical grades of hash, but when I get the "full melt winterized" hash or oil extracted w/ supercritical CO2 then I can drop the dosage to 1.3g, or in rare cases even as little as 1.0g (but that had to be some spectacular oil). 

Even at 1.7 grams per batch, that equates to roughly 72 solid hours of being really high from less than 2 grams of hash. And that's at MY level of THC tolerance, which is probably as high as anyone's could be (when I share 'em, nearly everyone familiar with my recipe breaks their piece in half -or even thirds- for the same results I get).  I figure it's easier to compare edibles with smoked/vaped bud or hash in terms of the number of hours of being adequately high each provides since it's otherwise difficult to compare them.

On a semi-related note, it seems to me like it would prove very useful to implement a new unit of measurement to compare different preparation and ingestion methods; maybe something like "High Hours," abbreviated HH? I guess it would also have to have a way of indicating what "tolerance" the rating corresponds to (since an edible rated 6HH for me would probably be closer to 8-9HH for many). Adding "NT," "LT," "MT," and "HT" (i.e. no tolerance, low tolerance, medium tolerance, and high tolerance) to the end might do the trick, so a piece of my chocolate would be rated 6HH/HT, and that could tell me approximately how many pieces of (for example) 3HH/MT candies I'd need to get the same relative effects (calibrated for each individual by their own experience). In the previous example, I'd eat ~3 pcs. of 3HH/MT edibles if I wanted a 6HH/HT experience. Just a thought...

Edited by TVCasualty, 15 August 2015 - 04:25 PM.

• coorsmikey and kcmoxtractor like this

#16 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,039 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:14 AM

I prefer to just munch up some bubblehash. A gram of bubble, well masticated, will get you high as a mofo, and leave you feeling dragged out for three days after. Tastes good too! Screw the added sugars lol

#17 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:22 AM

I prefer to just munch up some bubblehash. A gram of bubble, well masticated, will get you high as a mofo, and leave you feeling dragged out for three days after. Tastes good too! Screw the added sugars lol

I should probably add that well-made candies (as in they look just like something store-bought) sure make traveling with your stash a lot easier, especially if you're flying (whether domestic or international). I use very dark chocolate so as to minimize the sugar and to make it hardier as far as what temp it melts. It's also all neatly pre-measured into pieces/doses.

If driving with any, I put my chocolate in the cooler with a bunch of snacks and I figure it never hurts to have an opened pack of beef jerky in it so that I can start poking fun at the handler if a drug dog were to indicate on the cooler. When the dog seems fixated on the cooler, laugh and open it then pick up the jerky and -in a friendly, lighthearted kind of way!- bust the the handler's balls about not feeding his dog properly (like a good ol' boy who ain't carrying no contraband would act). It's a last-chance "you're not busted 'til you're busted!" move that might work as a diversionary tactic; the key is to avoid being scrutinized in the first place, though it's always prudent to have a Plan-B (and C, and D).

And if you isomerized that bubble hash, you could very well get the same effect from chewing up half (or as little as a fifth) of a gram, depending. It's worth it to me since I don't live in a med/legal state so access is spotty and available volumes are generally low (nowadays it's getting real hard to get hash in some places since so much is being put into those oil/vapor cartridges).

And FWIW, I might feel a slight residual buzz the following morning from my isomerized-hash edibles, but it's gone by lunchtime and definitely doesn't result in my feeling dragged-out for three days, though that could just be a function of my tolerance level.

Edited by TVCasualty, 16 August 2015 - 11:23 AM.

• kcmoxtractor likes this

#18 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,439 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:01 PM

The only thing I know how to make so far is banana bread. I add things to it like nuts and sometimes zucchini, maybe some dried cranberries if I have some, but making the cannabbutter is a challenge enough for a non baker like myself.

#19 Psylence

Psylence

Psychopharmacologist

• Expired Member
  • 386 posts

Donator

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:38 PM

Has anyone ever felt anything off of a purchased edible?

The only edibles that worked are ones that I made myself, but I use an oz of decent stuff and then eat a whole quarter of the batch of brownies and I double boil the weed in the oil first. That works amazing for 6 hours, they were too intense for my dad though hahaha

But that's a $90 brownie so I feel like when I buy an edible for $10 it doesn't work because it can't possibly be enough weed to work and still make a profit for $10. Idk just my experience.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!