Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

I finally broke down and got a place in the country!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Resident Pervert

• OG VIP
  • 1,173 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

So somehow in the last week I decided to start looking for a place with some land. After a couple days of looking I was waiting to hear back from a realtor about an appointment. I was riding around the area I am interested in moving to and stumbled across something I had not seen listed. I dialed the number and within 15 minutes someone was there to unlock the gate. The home is not visible from the road but was a pleasant surprise when I did pull up to it. The house is probably around 400 yard back off of the road, the property goes for several more acres behind the house and is backed up to wetlands. Completely secluded with about another 2.5 acre section that was cleared two years ago for another house before the owner had to move. No negation needed because the asking price was better than fair. I am going to file the paperwork tomorrow and should be able to start moving in before august. That really made my day. Can't wait to become officially country!

#2 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

Good to hear I myself am on 40 acres, house 2 metal out buildings. Living in the country is so nice, can do ANYTHING you want really LOL.It deffinatly has it perks, just pay for a home inspection and have the septic checked too. May cost ya couple hundred but can save you alot down the road, if it needs repair maybe try for discount on asking price.I bought a fixer upper got a steal of a deal, have had the house gutted to the studs and finished now. It is nice to go outside and hear birds, would not trade it for the world, even though I am 9 miles to black top.

#3 Batavion

Batavion

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

The only problem is lack of high-speed internet.
and bugs

I love the country though, born and raised.

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,430 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

congrats drmcnasty! I'm hoping to do the same.

#5 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,233 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Sounds so nice! Ive been dreaming about doing that awhile too. I want to dig out a huge hole on a slope, plaster the walls and floor, and build one exterior wall of windows. I got the spot picked out but Im nowhere close to ready since I cant figure out how to make money from out there.

#6 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm in the burbs but also go to the country and I have great wifi but i need my Topia lol.

I love the country it's so peaceful! It's like your own little slice of the proverbial final frontier. :)

Happy Trails~Dani

#7 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Resident Pervert

• OG VIP
  • 1,173 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

The 4g on my phone worked fine out there. There is a cell tower not far away so if that is my only option I will get a 4g card for my PC. I had a feeling this was coming and started packing about three weeks ago so the move itself should be easy. I am going to have the home inspected but it is only 7 years old and the property is what has me sold. I will also get to play with some wood lovers out there. They had 2.5 acres clear cut two or three years ago and all of that oak is cut and stacked next to a fire pit so that is a gold mine by itself. I am going to fence the area that was clear cut and and divide that into two or three sections. I have some livestock lined up through friends and plan on getting some goats to do my bushhog work, a couple sows and a boar to keep me in fresh pork and a handull of laying hens so I have fresh eggs. Plus my daughters will have a petting zoo in the yard!

#8 Batavion

Batavion

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

I'm going to move back to the country when I can afford to live by myself (I'm only 23 and I've been fucked over so much it's unreal)

My plan is to have a self sustaining farm; fuck the government, fuck GMO's, fuck Hydro Fracing, fuck corn fed livestock and fuck Obama.

#9 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Resident Pervert

• OG VIP
  • 1,173 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

I feel you man! I have some stories about being fucked over for you. As far as the anti establishment shit goes I am about to dump a shit ton of money into grid tied solar setups just so the fucking power company has to send me checks every month.

#10 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hell the property we have is very peaceful,secluded, and thankfully nothing like deliverance.;)

Plus I can shoot, wear no clothes, and do what I like in peace. Mcnasty we have solar get it! We also have a solar shower with 100% pure lake water talk about a heavenly shower. Plus solar really pays in the end I couldn't live without solar frankly!

#11 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Resident Pervert

• OG VIP
  • 1,173 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

I make my money of off the power industry and it really is dirty business. I was looking into grid tied systems and found the system to support the home size. If i double that capacity then the power company has to buy that power running back through the meter. There is plenty of room to support that system and I am willing to spend the money just as a fuck you to them.

#12 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Exactly nothing I love better than a check from those greedy bastards cutting me a check. A small amount of perverted justice is better than none.

Working in that industry must drive you crazy knowing what you do. Props I couldn't do it.

#13 drmcnasty

drmcnasty

Resident Pervert

• OG VIP
  • 1,173 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

I don't get involved in the dirt. My job is to engineer a steam path through a turbine to increase efficiency so in a way I am trying to make shit a little cleaner. Their greed makes some people a lot of money. A 450 megawatt turbine make a power company a million dollars day so when that goes down they don't care how much it costs too get it back online.

#14 Batavion

Batavion

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hell the property we have is very peaceful,secluded, and thankfully nothing like deliverance.;)

Plus I can shoot, wear no clothes, and do what I like in peace. Mcnasty we have solar get it! We also have a solar shower with 100% pure lake water talk about a heavenly shower. Plus solar really pays in the end I couldn't live without solar frankly!

I haven't looked into solar panels at all, maybe I'll have to check it out....the electric company pays you!?
Gotta love being able to hunt and fish in your backyard, birthday suit...not my style but once in a blue moon it's nice.

#15 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Props to you for doing that man! You will so love the country though we're in the mountains and have a wall that the Dutch had built back in the day. I explore for fossils because it used to be underwater. You find some really cool stuff. Oh and metal detecting is awesome too.

I'm so glad you're going country there's nothing like it!

#16 hopethishelps

hopethishelps

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Props to you for doing that man! You will so love the country ...........

Does a bear shit in the woods?....So can you on your own property :teeth:

#17 anticheffy

anticheffy

Nice to be back in the air !

• OG VIP
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

I bought a place in the country a couple years ago and I cant imagine ever going back to the city. The only thing I dont like is days like today when I have to go mow 3 acres of lawn....

IMG_3034.jpg But its a great view to wake up to.

#18 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Heres a shot lookin east from across the road of my humble land, yeah its flat out here for sure.This is what we call its so far out in the sticks the hoot owls [email protected] the chickens.You are seeing what 14 miles look like in the distance its that flat.The other side of the coin is damn tornadoes, I dred spring for that reason.Oh yeah one thing to maybe put into the brain is get a mower that has a good size deck on it.I have a cub cadet 52inch cut, can mow 4 acres down in about 2 1/2 hours, its a zero turn and can haul ass and cut really nice.

It is windy hear constantly 40mph wind just another day for me. I looked into wind generator set up, my state doesnt pay for the power put into the grid. I am still thinking about it but if you do go that way spend the money in the control and storage unit.

grass.jpg

Edited by stonestare, 02 June 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#19 anticheffy

anticheffy

Nice to be back in the air !

• OG VIP
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Cool !! Mines only 46" and I have soooo many gopher/mole/vole/rabbit holes it takes me about 4 1/2 hours at a greatly reduced speed. sigh
But that right there is fine view to be sure sir.

#20 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

You have too look close its barely there but where that rope crosses in the figure 8 look right above that on the horizon line, that is a grain elavator 14 miles down the road.The wheat is behind this year, didnt get above 60 until month ago strange spring never seen snow in the last week of april before.Thanks for the comment it is nice but man the wind nothing to stop it so when it blows you feel every bit of it.You have a killer place as well and must be sweet to watch the hummers come in and drink from the porch.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!