Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

2013 VEGGIES SEASON....How to grow High PRODUCING TOMS!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

OKk lets just get this started off right.
We will start about .....5-6 weeks AGO and speed through
time all the way up to TODAY when im making this post/thread here.

So lets do this.

First off we have HOW I GROW and TRANSPLANT "most" of my plants.
Some i start in rows in the trays and just transplant them the same way, others
ill start straight outside or just 1 seed per cell. But its pretty self explanatory.
DSCF7686.JPG
DSCF7689.JPG

Here are those same tomatoes a week or 2 later......already flowering... DAMN lol
OK i actually went and LOOKED UP that date of the picture of the tomato plant FLOWERING
that was 5/24/13 lol.....horny little bitch if you ask me ;) :) ;) ;) aka A GOOD THING. VERY STRONG
STRAIN / PHENO, remember these were ALL FROM SEED.. so FULL genetic line showing in these plants.
DSCF7791.JPG
DSCF7799.JPG
DSCF7800.JPG

Some Bock 14 RUSSIAN comfrey i ordered. also some DILL that is getting massive.. EARLY
And finally MY BABY for the season, this sunflower is even LARGER today....im hoping she
will reach 13-15 feet tall :) :) :) :) = RECORD in my area lol
DSCF7803.JPG

First pic is of some Bhut Jolokia, im babying them.
2nd pic are Artichokes.
and the rest are of just some other veggies...zuccs...cabs...lettuce...ect...ect..
DSCF7833.JPG

Here are my BABIES....OK yes im actually putting these in my veggies thread.. WHY ?
well because im going to be JUICING THEM, they will NOT be flowered... and ill actually
post me juicing the last little bit of them just to show they get destroyed. Their WHOLE life
and survive is for JUICING and providing those nutrients. These were the WILD MJ seeds
that just popped up in one of my garden compost piles lol
Notice the extreme super cropping :) SHe will be BEAUTIFUL and she will provide an IMMENSE amount
of nutrients for my family.
DSCF7851.JPG
DSCF7868.JPG
watch out for the tadpoles lol

Potatoes !!!! pretty self explanatory
In bag...HOles ready for potatoes...potatoes laid in tench...potatoes covered with soil....
DSCF7872.JPG

Ok thes are some pics of the tomatoes i transplanted outside in the main garden.
they planted on 6/2...... OK OK OK ;) ;) ;) Look how sad they are....to the untrained eye....
to the trained eye... one would notice SERIOUS ROOT work occurring via leaf color indications.
DSCF7874.JPG

Just showing off some of my myc and active soil :) :) :) : ):) this is how alive my garden soil is.
DSCF7885.JPG

Some more pictures of the toms in the flats... comfrey getting rather large.
These pics below were taken TODAY. Comfrey starting to flower, she needs to be transplanted now.
I got the PERFECT location for her :) :) right next to a small POND.
DSCF7927.JPG
DSCF7928.JPG

Today, its the 6th.. remember those pics of the tomato plants with my foot for reference....
that was 4 days ago... look at them now ;) ;) :) just wait to see them in a week lol
I bet that be at the first line heheheh
DSCF7934.JPG

To finish off with the most important pic of the post :) These lovely tomatoes.

These tomato plants are my freaking LOVE AND JOYS!!!! they are truly MY LIFE..
These babies are now 5 FULL years in the making. I have grown these babies from my own
seeds 5 years in a row, this will be the 6th year. They are such SERIOUS producers.

They are

Better Boy...
Brandy Wine...
Pink Cadillac...

THe better boy grow like grapes...

brandy wines are just better bigger beef steaks

and pink cadillacs are SMALLER versions of Better Boys, so
they grow like grapes too.

ill be sure to post extreme detail on how to produce HIGH PRODUCING TOMATOES
using these varieties.

This thread is to explain how to produce a lot of tomatoes.

Goal for everyone after this thread is to achieve at least 75 pounds of tomatoes per plant.

next posts will start getting into more detail.

:) Cheers everyone

PS>>
**Side note**
I did not get to the testing of my genetics in my tomato seeds.
I am aware that they MIGHT have the monsanto gene in them..
but i just put a lot of good energy into them so they fight that off.... ;)
genetic energy influence... crazier things are possible imo lol

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF7683.JPG
  • DSCF7684.JPG
  • DSCF7685.JPG
  • DSCF7687.JPG
  • DSCF7688.JPG
  • DSCF7788.JPG
  • DSCF7789.JPG
  • DSCF7790.JPG
  • DSCF7793.JPG
  • DSCF7794.JPG
  • DSCF7798.JPG
  • DSCF7801.JPG
  • DSCF7802.JPG
  • DSCF7827.JPG
  • DSCF7828.JPG
  • DSCF7832.JPG
  • DSCF7848.JPG
  • DSCF7849.JPG
  • DSCF7850.JPG
  • DSCF7852.JPG
  • DSCF7853.JPG
  • DSCF7867.JPG
  • DSCF7869.JPG
  • DSCF7870.JPG
  • DSCF7871.JPG
  • DSCF7873.JPG
  • DSCF7882.JPG
  • DSCF7883.JPG
  • DSCF7884.JPG
  • DSCF7890.JPG
  • DSCF7925.JPG
  • DSCF7926.JPG
  • DSCF7932.JPG

Edited by Il19z8rn4li1, 06 June 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#2 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

You have tons of Tomatoes growing. Looking forward to the updates.

Can you explain how you are growing those potatoes?

Big ass garden going to keep you busy this year. Reap the rewards and thanks for the amazing thread.

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,989 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309860[/ATTACH]
ill be sure to post extreme detail on how to produce HIGH PRODUCING TOMATOES using these varieties.

This thread is to explain how to produce a lot of tomatoes.

Goal for everyone after this thread is to achieve at least 75 pounds of tomatoes per plant.

Excellent Mr. Numeric. I have set my subscription for this. I have 5 tomatoes this year and am expecting to enjoy my first fruit soon.
I must say I see at the very least over 100 plants in your pic. If you succeed in producing 75 lbs per plant, what does one do with 7500 lbs of tomatoes?

I am serious, what do you do to preserve, or do you just barter them?

Edited by AGAMA, 08 June 2013 - 09:21 AM.
fixed quote

#4 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

You have tons of Tomatoes growing. Looking forward to the updates.

Can you explain how you are growing those potatoes?

Big ass garden going to keep you busy this year. Reap the rewards and thanks for the amazing thread.

Thanks my friend, i always enjoy watching your hot Pepper thread, i cant wait for it this year. I just planted some
bhut seeds straight into my garden soil recently, going to pop some more in there soon to make sure i get
them to grow this year... i got a lot of hot sauce to make this year :) :) :) :)

as for the potatoes...

I dig TRENCHES that are roughly 2 shovels WIDE, 12inches deep and as long as how many potatoes i plan on planting.
You can see in the pics above, I cut teh potatoes into pieces, being sure not to cut teh "EYES" in half.
Then i place them roughly 6-12inches apart. After i lay down the potatoes, i back fill over the potatoes
with about 4-5inches of soil... so that means the trench IS NOT back filled all the way YET!!! You have to wait for them
to grow a little more BEFORE you finish back filling the trench. Mine are already out of the ground now and Ill be back filling more
soon. Ill go into more detail then. But the idea is to keep MOUNDING around the potato plants as they grow, because
1- it helps hold them up better... they get rather BUSHY...
2- the locations that your back filling are where most of the potatoes will GROW.
3- the back fill is LOOSE soil, and never really compacts throughout the season, so this makes
harvesting the potatoes a BREEZE, just need a garden fork and your golden.

Excellent Mr. Numeric. I have set my subscription for this. I have 5 tomatoes this year and am expecting to enjoy my first fruit soon.
I must say I see at the very least over 100 plants in your pic. If you succeed in producing 75 lbs per plant, what does one do with 7500 lbs of tomatoes?

I am serious, what do you do to preserve, or do you just barter them?

lol you only see 100 plants... lol that picture... is just a CLOSE up of the tomato flats... as i cant show
any FULL picture of the garden... security reasons, but that pictures is lacking about another 800 tomato plants ;) So
it really doesnt serve and justice whats so ever on the vase amount of plants I actually have lol ;) ;) ;) Gotta make that FOOD man. lol

I have succeeded a number times producing over 50+ lbs per tomato plant, so this year the 75lb is the goal
for EVERY PLANT this time...
1- the plants are damn near PERFECT.
2- I was able to choose from over 1000 tomatoes that I sprouted ALL from seed in order to pick the ones with
the most VIGOR and look the healthiest
3- NO tomatoes will be on the ground this year... NONE...
4- I have a few tricks up my sleeves this year to test out in order to increase production a tad bit more ;) That
TRICK will be mentioned WHEN I DO IT and SHOW YOU ALL.... i know how most people are on here... *GOTTA HAVE PICTURES* (pansies lol lol)

as for what do I do with the tomatoes....well im a natural produce gardener by passion and it just so happens to be
my source of any kind of WEALTH i have.... so yes I barter with them, but only until i have finished Processing MINE for
the winter stock pile of food and nutrition. By process i mean PRESERVE and JAR um all up.

1x 5gallon bucket of tomatoes turns into about 8qts of tomato sauce... or 16qts of WHOLE/HALVED tomatoes
or a gallon of Ketchup... or additive to Vegetable Soup that I make every year.

I make over 20 gallons of Chili, "garden soup", sour kraut and a few other actual MEAL items every year. I usually forget
most of the shit i do when im trying to write about it lol just to much to remember. But when its on hand i remember right away... :)

but id say that MOST of the tomatoes get processed and jarred up and sterilized to have what I believe to be a 20year
shelf life... EASILY.

Its all about how to prep your jarring process and how well you do it and how many times you haev done it..

Mycology has HELP ME a lot when it comes to NOT having a contam'ed jars of tomatoes... ya you dont want that because
those suckers can EXPLODE from the fermentation process that happens... and HOLY SHIT do they smell of
absolute asshole when they do go bad.... ive only lost .... 8 tomato jars in my time, i have jarred around 900
qts of tomatoes in the past 5 years, give or take 100qts.... no joke lol I make sure i literally have enough to last
the WINTER for my entire FAMILY!!!!.... i dont like eating store bought junk...

"Lorax" the movie... WATCH IT .. and dont watch the FOREGROUND read everything that is in the background...
their cereal in the movie is called..."Empty Os" ... HUM.... kinda sending out some messages if you ask me....
but then again ALMOST ALL MOVIES send out messages that not a freaking soul realize or even consider
to be important lol

I MEAN for crying out out... EMPTY Os... what do you think those are in reference to.... CHEERIOS!!! lol Know what
they are??? NOTHING at all... damn worthless filler for your body is all they are.

OK now heres the days update. NO plants this time.. just a little TEA TALK.
Okke dokie... lets get this started now shall we.
First pic shows what im using for my VEGETATIVE COMPOST TEA. I dont need to list them... look at the pic.
Only things NOW shown in picture are.
-Garden Soil
-Mushroom Compost
-EWC
-Raw Compost thats COMPOSTING still

Of each ingredient i add equal parts, for 55gallon drum i add 1 handful or roughly 1/3cup of each.
Put them all into a "Wife beater", they make perfect tea bags, just tie the bottoms and boom tea bag lol.
They mycelium and bacteria seem to LOVE the cotton too... they attach and grow ALL OVER that
shirt its not even funny... im making new tea soon, ill have to get a picture of some of the bacteria colonies
that are so large they are visible to naked eye... they look like ALGAE, but it isnt when you lift the tea bag
and just dunk it a little and you watch all the colonies just waft off the bag and float away into the abyss lol

You can even see some of the mushroom mycelium thats in there, i did a little close-up, sry for poor quality.
tea(5).JPG

This is what the bag looks like when its full of all the ingredients. AMAZING right here lol
tea(6).JPG

Here some shots of how the bag sits in the 55gallon drum.
I use this drum paired with another 55gallon drum as Im watering with the TEA... i put one hose
in the TEA drum and another hose in the OTHER drum... other drum just filled with pond water... this
way im pulling from BOTH drums at once, in turn mixing and diluting the tea a little but so i can stretch it
a little farther in my garden... remember i have about 1000 plants to water with this stuff... so i make
a NEW tea pretty much every other day. Tea is all i like to water my garden with... i rarely
water with "NORMAL RAIN/POND WATER"

I good some shots of the 500gph mag-drive pump i use to MIX the tea.
I have the pump sitting at the bottom of the drum.. aiming STRAIGHT UP and i make sure the pump
it ALL the way to ONE side of the drum... this assures that ALL liquid is mixed all the time. It
just ROLLS when the drum if full. I took some shots as i was filling the drum up so you
can see how much action the pump is actually making. I put the tea bag directly OVER the
water flow to make sure its getting constant freshness :)
tea(11).JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• tea(10).JPG
  • tea(9).JPG
  • tea(8).JPG
  • tea(7).JPG
  • tea(4).JPG
  • tea(3).JPG
  • tea(2).JPG
  • tea(1).JPG

#5 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

UPDATES SOON!!.

Im taking pictures today.

i got a camera to use.

#6 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,562 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Amazing garden my friend, I'm impressed.

I have to grow my toms and peppers in the greenhouse here, the weather and the moose don't let it happen outside.
green house 3.jpg

Keep up the good work.

peace and friendship
Juthro

Attached Thumbnails

• green house 1.jpg
  • green house 2.jpg

#7 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:29 PM

Hey Alpha. Looks like this thread got moved to the urban gardener forum I'm assuming by another mod/admin.

The thread stops pretty abruptly and was wondering if all of it did not move when placed here, or wondered if the thread just died?

I'm really interested in your method of producing 50-75 # off of one plant. if thread died or did not fully transfer, wonder if you might be able to update or continue your thread for our benifit ?

Thanks man!

#8 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:27 AM

damn. talk about THROWBACK lol

good coincidence though because I can kinda just PICK RIGHT UP WHERE THIS THREAD LEFT OFF.

Just it will have a 3 year gap hahahah

But thats ok.  not much of what I do have changed and the changes I did make will be nice to add here because

then it doesn't contradict anything I have done that happened to make it into a post.

I have no problem updating this thread to actually reflect something.

Right now, it doesnt really show shit lol.

So Ill spill the beans this year :)

• PsyBearknot likes this

#9 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:34 PM

Its garden time...

and man.. after looking back through these pics... I love it hahah

and im for sure 100% going back to my old ways of starting seeds.. SO MUCH EASIER and more organized

filled trays with rows cut in from now on.   (i tried using 4inch pots and planting a bunch of

seeds, but I found that they dampened off REALLY easy, when they're sown in a row in trays they never

dampened off as easily, i believe the flat tray is less likely to pool Co2)

updates with pics soon. im tossing my toms in the garden today. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!