• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Windwalker

Windwalker

Witchking

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

I dosed for the first time in 15 years last weekend. I took a mix of Cambodians and African Transkie. The trip was awesome..no two ways about it and god did I need it. One thing I was noticing during the trip was all of a sudden I LOVED my mushrooms. Loved as in they were an entity that was bestowing wisdom and bliss to me. Not just a mushroom. It was like the saying goes" When you are on psychedelic mushrooms you become the mushroom" I don't know this sounds weird but it was like the alkaloids coursing through me actually had a mind and a consciousness..telling me things , giving me copious amounts of love like they were saying "We hope you enjoy what we have to offer you, btw ..you did a great job caring for us when we were young!"lol Also another thing odd happened that had never happened to me..I could feel the vibrations of the plants and the trees, and came to realize all living things have a consciousness even if it is only a spark. By the end of my trip I was sure Mushrooms are very much alive and intelligent. Maybe it was just the trip and it was all in my mind but I don't think so...What are your guys thoughts on this?

Edited by AGAMA, 09 June 2013 - 07:09 PM.
spelling correction

• MeriwetherLewis likes this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,952 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Welcome to my daily world Windwalker. If you believe this was only a trip with no truth, you are denying a most enlightened revelation.......
and rejecting the gift that was shown to you.

But I do not believe that is your conclusion, nor is it mine.

#3 Roasty McToasty

Roasty McToasty

Third eye squeegeed

• Expired Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

I believe that EVERYTHING is connected, and your psilly trip only enabled you to perceive this.

Mushies are a great way to "be" with anything.

Nice post Windwalker.

:rasta:

#4 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,304 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

IMHO there is something special about the AT experience.

#5 Windwalker

Windwalker

Witchking

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

That very well could be it Cue. I have done other psychedelics before but I have never felt as connected to the world around me than that night on my shrooms.

#6 shroomnoobie

shroomnoobie

Shroom GOD

• Expired Member
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Reading this makes me not wanna wait till i fruit my ats!:)

#7 SeaUrchin

SeaUrchin

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

Mushrooms were consumed by caribou long before we were here. i do believe that every single thing in this universe, including rocks, empty space, and all matter have consciousness, both collective and individual. I experienced what you are talking about, but only a few times. Once, I "heard" (in my mind's 'ear') my toilet telling me that it was not offended to accept my vomit, and not to be afraid to puke. i know that is not a great example, but I think I've touched/tapped into a similar space. One where I can FEEL that I am a part of a bigger consciousness, and every little fucking particle around and in us really does have it's own consciousness (ad infinitum...). I love being here on Topia, because it's a reminder that I am a) not crazy, and b) part of something bigger (Just like me who is made up of countless small things!) - Anyway, back to Dr. Who for me, but I really do think I know what you mean, and it is NOT fiction, but FACT. Peace

P.S. Have you read about Jung and the collective unconscious?

#8 m47

m47

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Once, I "heard" (in my mind's 'ear') my toilet telling me that it was not offended to accept my vomit

LOL best thing I read all day

#9 m47

m47

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

I wanted to chime in so here goes.

If you've read anything recently about string theory or m-theory than you probably already know this, but the gist of m-theory is basically that everything you see as matter, including yourself and fungi, are, at the fundamental level, a clump of 1 dimensional strings attached to a higher dimensional brane. Strings and branes are made of the same stuff, energy. This is an extremely basic description of it, and if it doesn't make sense I recommend reading or watching youtube videos on m-theory.

But that's it. At the most fundamental level, everything around you is simply a piece of the same thing, like the branches of a tree. We are all connected. Nothing is separate. Consciousness is still a topic reserved for philosophers because science can't explain what consciousness actually is or what/where it comes from. The best science can do is explain how the brain interfaces with consciousness.

I recommend reading or listening to books and lectures by Alan Watts on the topic. He describes consciousness as one thing that we all experience, but from our own point of view. But my consciousness and your consciousness is actually the same thing. I think it was Graham Hancock that stated the brain could be similar to a TV antenna, and we simply receive the "signal" of consciousness, rather than thinking of the brain as a generator of consciousness.

It all ties together. We're all one of the same thing and the consciousness that allows us to reflect on this is one consciousness. Based on that, personally I believe consciousness flows through everything, as stated above by SeaUrchin, in rocks, plants, animals, the planet, the universe, etc. We just have different ways of perceiving this flow. Like humans can actually think about this stuff, whereas my dog can't.

That's just my view based on a lot of things I've been reading in books and lectures I've been listening to and watching recently. I dont know if this is an actual quote, but when you think of particle physics, you can sum it up as "We're just particles observing particles". Or maybe a more conceited view is that we're the universes way of looking at itself and saying "Look how awesome I am".

#10 Watcher

Watcher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

My FOAFs Amazonian strain reached out to thank her for growing them, allowing them to fulfill their purpose. Definately a lot of good vibes.

Thanks for sharing Windwalker!

#11 blueprince

blueprince

b ן u ǝ p ɹ ı n ɔ ǝ

• Expired Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I had a similar experience with TKS which was very spiritual and benevolent, yet there was a sense of vast cosmic powers at play. IMO mushrooms have a spirit 'guardian' of some sort, a gatekeeper. I felt that strongly.

Nothing like a breakthrough K trip which is cold and mechanical in nature to me at least.

#12 SeaUrchin

SeaUrchin

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Pardon my ignorance... "AT"?

#13 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• Expired Member
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Pardon my ignorance... "AT"?

African Transkie - it's the variety mentioned by the OP in the second sentence of the first post.

#14 MeriwetherLewis

MeriwetherLewis

Explorer & Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

oh...consciousness...ohh...I dunnoo... Here's a fungus that Hijac, er (NSA GFY) takes over an ant, keeps it alive, most it to a desirable fruiting location (i.e. at the top of a blade of grass or up a tree on a leaf tip, locks the ants mandables onto the leaf as an anchor, kills the little guy, and fruits.

..hmmm.. nope, just coincidence. :weedpoke:

http://news.discover...azon-110303.htm

Visit Terence's talks on The Logos.. I consider them friends, much more intelligent than I and we have wonderful conversations all the time. That's why I mostly trip alone, because no matter who is with me, they are not as clever as the dialogue in my head.

#15 Jawn

Jawn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

http://blogs.smithso...y-a-slime-mold/

Thought this was cool and relevant.
  • MrGumball likes this

#16 SeaUrchin

SeaUrchin

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Oh!! I've heard of this strain, but have never tried to grow it... It looks very nice - Is it at all like that Thai Strain that is definitely stronger than many others? I am not going to dare to try to grow anything non-cubie, due to my lack of funds. But, if these are not too hard to grow, maybe I should see if I can find a syringe online...

#17 DreamingRaven

DreamingRaven

Seeker

• VIP
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

I almost always trip alone, other people often keep me from hearing what the mushrooms have to say. I consult them before doing many things, they ALWAYS show me the way. Of course they have a consciousness, I once heard a Hopi say that the mushrooms were not of this world, and that they had much to teach us, and they respond to what you put into them, when I try growing a new strain I never have any good luck until I partake from that strain, and then I seem to know what they need. So if they can tell me what to do to make them happy and fruitful then they must be self aware , yes?
There is a phrase used among many of the native indians in north america, "mitakuye oyasen" or basically "we are all related" . We are taught from early on that everything in existence is related, and all things speak to us if only we listen.
Windwalker, you have been given a gift, you were spoken to by the Teachers, and understood what the message. I wish you well on your journeys with them.

#18 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,727 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

I truly believe they have consciousness. Saw a movie recently where there was mushrooms with an eyeball on every one, and man it felt soooo right.

#19 Ilia

Ilia

mycophILIAc

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

Makes me smile seeing ya folks sharing such experiences with each other :)

#20 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,727 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

One time on equadorians I came across a golden man, in turban and blousy pants like in Genie cartoons. He was meditating on the floor, and he suddenly became aware I was there, and with a very irritated look he got up and came quickly towards me and then I was back in my room, like I was told "You are not supposed to be here!" Another time my shaman practice was approved, and I was given medicine knowledge that I did not remember when I woke up but know somehow it is there for me. This approval came from an old native man with all kinds of animal faces looking out of him. He said that there are others that look like him but are not he, and that I would know him by his medicine bag. I was shown how to move my body to increase chi, basically a martial arts or Tai Chi or qi Gong kata, or series of movements. Life is kung fu and every second is the guru...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!