35 replies to this topic

#21 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Wow, the second two shots are like something out of a nature mag. And I like how you labelled the first one. :D

Ditto :)

#22 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hey all, I thought I would share a couple of pics I got today of a nice bull on the far side of our lake.

Attached Thumbnails

• bull one.jpg
  • bull 2.jpg
  • bull 3.jpg

#23 sinful

sinful

I'm a Ninja

• OG VIP
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Wow that's a good sized one, velvet is even still on it, it looks like.

#24 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

Peace fellow Topians.

I have had some friends from the lower 48 visiting for the last couple of weeks, so I haven't been able to get my myco fix like I would like. So while I am getting well, I thought I would share a couple of pics that I took in Moose Pass, one of the many pit stops on their whirlwind sightseeing tour.

The fish are sockeye salmon, and they are in the creek right along side the waterwheel.

As always, I hope you enjoy the pics.

Juthro

Attached Thumbnails

• axe to grind.jpg
  • moose pass.jpg
  • sockeye spawning.jpg

• MrGumball likes this

#25 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

Mrs. Juthro and I snuck out to do a little fishing today at a fishing cabin on the Kenai river. Hooked into a couple of silver salmon but they both got off. I did however see some cool mushrooms that I snapped a couple of pics of. The one mushroom I am fairly certain is amantia muscaria but I don't think I have seen the other one before. I thought it was a very cool looking camo pattern on the cap though.

Enjoy
Juthro

Attached Thumbnails

• alyce1.jpg
  • alyce3.jpg
  • alyce4.jpg
  • mys shroom.jpg
  • mys shroom2.jpg

#26 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

I've thought I would share some glacier pics I just got done processing. Just a couple more pit stops on this months sightseeing tour.

I kind of mixed up my pics, so I think this is a mix of glaciers from Wittier, and Seward area if I remember correctly.

I love the blue color of the old ice.

Enjoy
juth

Attached Thumbnails

• BIG ICE1.jpg
  • BIG ICE2.jpg
  • BIG ICE3.jpg
  • BIG ICE4.jpg
  • BIG ICE5.jpg

#27 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hello all, hope life has been treating you well.

I thought I would share some pics of mama moose and the twins now that they have had a summer to put some lbs on.

I'll start with a before pic of the twins birthday this spring, the rest of the pics were from a moose visit in late September.

As always, I hope you enjoy the pics.

Your friend from the North,

Juth

Attached Thumbnails

• moose before.jpg
  • moose twins.jpg
  • moose.jpg
  • moose window.jpg
  • moose  window 2.jpg

#28 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I caught what I think is a nice sunrise  this morning while I was getting breakfast ready for my wife and I.

I hope you like it.

Peace and friendship,

Juthro

11-15-2013 sunrise.jpg

• MrGumball likes this

#29 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Beautiful thanks for posting.

#30 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Greetings from the North to my friends, I thought I would share some of our resent sunrises and snow.  I hope all of my fellow topiats have a wonderful holiday.

As a side note, the truck, it’s a full size 1 ½ ton I use for hauling firewood by the way, had only been sitting where it was for about 5 days to accumulate that snow.

When we aren't socked in by clouds, we get a beautiful sunrise every morning, its my faverite time of the day, that somewhat offsets the fact we only get about 5 3/4 hours of sunlight this time of year

icicle.jpg rise.jpg sunrise.jpg sunrise2.jpg truck.jpg

Peace and happiness

Juth

• MrGumball and Skywatcher like this

#31 1967FordTitus

1967FordTitus

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 2,099 posts

Donator

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Beautiful stuff, Juth!

#32 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

The Tustumana 200 dogsled race has been officially canceled this year, due to the unusually warm weather, lack of snow, and over accumulation of melt water in the hills.  

This is a 200 mile dog sled race starting at the Tustumana lodge, going through the Caribou hills to Homer and back.  This is only the second time in the races 30 year history that is has been canceled.  The purse for this years race was to have been $50,000.

I feel bad for the mushers, as quite a few of them have been working for years to do this race and many come from around the globe.   We even had a few from Australia.  This race is one of the qualifying races if a musher wants to compete in the famous Iditarod dog sled race.

Here are a couple of pics of the start of last year’s race.

Attached Thumbnails

• dog1.jpg
  • dog2.jpg
  • dog3.jpg

#33 1967FordTitus

1967FordTitus

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 2,099 posts

Donator

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

That is a goal of mine, has been for decades, want to see these races up close, and personal, and capture it all on canvas.

Wow, you live in a majestic piece of the Universe, my friend.

Edited by 1967FordTitus, 25 January 2014 - 10:43 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#34 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,080 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

What a bizarre weather pattern we have had this year. Alaska is too warm for sled races, and the North East has been bashed with a sequence of sub zero polar vortex storms. The SouthWest is drought dry and record breaking heat. The ice caps and glaciers are melting faster than they can recoop. There is evidence the ocean currents are changing.

And yet there remain those who refuse to believe we are altering the climate on this earth............

• Juthro likes this

#35 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

Alyeska Ski resort in Girdwood (just outside of Anchorage) was actually closed down for a couple of days last week until they could make enough snow with their snow making equipment to open the mountain back up.  They flat out stated that if they didn’t have the equipment they would probably have had to close the lifts for the season.

We haven’t had a day with temps below freezing in over 2 weeks.  There are places in town that don’t get much shade where green grass is starting to show.  A month ago we had 3 ½ to 4 ft of snow. 

This is crazy weather for here.  A month ago our high temps were around -10F and lows of -30F, now we are getting highs of 42F and lows of 32F.   The snow is going fast, and things are flooding, it’s a real mess.

#36 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,080 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

Girdwood.............. :biggrin:

The Double Muskie Inn, many good evenings..........

I want to visit again Juthro, but I think I will stay with summer visits.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!