• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Yodambo

Yodambo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

I once discovered that pickle juice is like concentrated Gatorade, and is helpful to guzzle before passing out after a night of heavy drinking, to stave off an anticipated nasty hangover.

I have since discovered that pickle juice is best combined with your favorite alcohol.

Gin & Tonic, add fresh chopped/mashed dill weed.

Or Vodka & Tonic, add some bread&butter pickle juice.

#2 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,644 posts

Donator

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the share but I pass.

#3 permafrying

permafrying

what

• Expired Member
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

pickle juice is bomb ill try it for a hangover. im good on it in my mix drink though

#4 mestophilies

mestophilies

Suit Up!

• Expired Member
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

I am what Mesto calls me a pickleholic. When I am down with the flu :drk: he only thing I can normally eat (even over water) is a pickle...very rarely backfires on me. I have once ...or twice....made pickle Popsicles. But, I don't think I could do a mixed drink with it...I wont knock it till I try it...but I worry...a great deal. Thank you for the idea though, I'll let you know what I think. :teeth:~~~~ Alycewander

Edited by mestophilies, 23 June 2013 - 09:10 PM.
Because it's ME!

#5 permafrying

permafrying

what

• Expired Member
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

on second thaught it might be good in a martini...

#6 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 472 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:20 AM

I thought I was the only one weird enough to drink pickle juice. Tried it once or twice years ago when tripping and i thought it was awesome but I didn't know if it was bad to drink it so I havent since.

#7 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,895 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

It's an old southern folk remedy for cramps also.

As for the hangover - drink lots of plain water instead of that last couple of beers. Or.......just don't quit drinking. :)

• Juthro likes this

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,697 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

Well, vomiting before bed is also good for mitigating hangovers, and drinking pickle juice would definitely facilitate a purge for me... Ugh.

But there's another "solution" (literally), and it's one that is quite likely exponentially-more effective than pickle juice: Pedialyte!

It was recommended to me by some hard-partying college athletes who said their team Physician told them a bottle of it is equivalent to two bags of IV fluids (so is excellent for emergency rehydration in any context, e.g. heat stroke).

Put a bottle on your pillow before going out so you remember to drink it before crashing. If you forget to drink it before you pass out you won't prevent the hangover (or minimize it if you're partying really hard), but if you drink it first-thing after you regain consciousness will greatly reduce its duration.

• Tenderfoot and Fastjack like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!