• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 cthulhu

cthulhu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:53 AM

not sure I understand your question golly. What do you mean by "survive". The coldest bin finished about 2.5 days after the warmest one. Note that pin formation took 3 days longer at the lower temp also.

#22 Guest_golly_*

Guest_golly_*

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:05 PM

I mean which tray survives contams and produces best in the long run....

#23 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:58 PM

the hotter it gets
the more air exchanges and moisture you want,
think jungle
and cubies love it.
of course hot moist stagnant = mold/bacteria/yeasts
so keep that air moving

#24 kingstrrophariad

kingstrrophariad

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:28 AM

yeah. this things grow in the tropical enviroments. t. mckenna found them in the amazon jungle. othe psilocybe specias grow in more temperate enviroments.

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:06 AM

when grown outdoors
they can handle temps well into the 90s just fine.

only inside do the contams really become an issue
since fresh air is restricted

#26 sammy54543

sammy54543

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:55 PM

my cakes in fruiting chamber havent started pinning,today is one week. Yesterday though,my heater got unplugged unkowingly to me and the temp dropped to 58F i plugged back in today and its up to 62F. Will my cakes be all right when it gets back up to 75 or am i screwed?:dead:

#27 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:40 PM

They just slowed down some. They'll be fine once temps get back up....

#28 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:15 PM

Yup, your ok.

#29 the cat in the hat

the cat in the hat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:33 AM

Currently my friend has 2 cakes that were just birthed a couple of days ago of Hawaiians. For pinning to occur he's had no problem with the humidity, with using Perlite of course. No problem with light, with about 8 hours of indirect light a day. However the temp has been a problem. His room is drafty and the temp has been bouncing between 72- and 76 degrees. Weather depending here. Is this good enough for pinning or is some heat required to get these cakes to start pinning? If so then what do you suggest to use to this correct this problem???

#30 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:37 AM

They will be fine at those temps... higher temps are for incubation but for fuiting your friend is OK.

Stop looking at them so much and be patient!

#31 the cat in the hat

the cat in the hat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:41 AM

Thanks so much for the reply I feel a little better now I just worry so much about them, there like my little children. Thanks again and be safe.

#32 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:47 PM

You are welcome!
It is actually recommended to drop the temp from the ideal incubation of 80-85 degrees to 70-75 to initiate the fruiting cycle along with air and light.
Giving birth to the little ones is an overwhelming experience - be calm and patient and those little ones will be fine!

#33 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:24 PM

ive fruited ever last one of my cakes and cassing at room temp of 66 and they loved it

#34 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

Yeah temp should be fine and let me tell you Hawaiins kicked my ass quite a few times i just love them to death:) good flushers with hardly any abhorts and pretty good potency IMO

#35 the cat in the hat

the cat in the hat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:28 PM

Just wondering cause I've heard a couple of different answers here according to where you read, what is the max. temp wanted in a fruiting chamber before the temp is too high??? What will happen to the cakes if the temp is too high???

#36 alpiner

alpiner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

Just wondering cause I've heard a couple of different answers here according to where you read, what is the max. temp wanted in a fruiting chamber before the temp is too high??? What will happen to the cakes if the temp is too high???

everything after 83 to 85 needs lots of air exchange to keep the nasties at bay at around 90 cobweb starts to be a issue with most species

#37 AKA_MoeSkizac

AKA_MoeSkizac

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:36 PM

The main problem with higher temps is that you're more at a chance of getting contams. Anywhere between 70 and 80 F and you're fine, obviously, although some strains fruit at lower and higher temps than others, B+ for example can thrive at a slightly lower temp than most others and blah, blah....i'm rambling, so sorry. For me the ideal FC temp has been between 73 and 78 F, anyhoo hope this helps. peace.

Moe.

#38 Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

fegured i should mention somthing . high temps 84*F-86*F is the max you want to go with cubbies during vegitive growth . pinning is best done at 74-78*f . with higher temps the mushrooms grow faster ,but are not as firm and fresh as if you where to keep them at the mid 75* and overall yield is slightly decresed while speed to it is incresed . if you keep them at the recomended fruiting temps you get firmer and fuller mushrooms with there full potential being met.
Hint ( if your having a hot day and you need to cool things down put ice into you kaz to drop the temps by 5-10* and vice versa )

#39 N0Face

N0Face

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

haha sweet i like to live in a 73-75 degree house... and im gettin a new apt soon thats great news... no heaters needed now

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!