• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shroomhunt

shroomhunt

The Snake Man

• Expired Member
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

This is gonna sound nuts to most of you but some of you may know this. To keep flies from entering a home you can hang zip lock bags half full of water with a few shiny pennies and it wards them away. Idk why for sure but I read its emitting tons of reflections like prisms to them with their many eyes and it bothers them too bad too stick around for whatever reason. Another trick to keep spiders and wasps from building nests on your over hangs simply hang a oval paper bag stuffed with new paper a few inches down on a sting to simulate a hornet nest. Other insects know hornets are extremely territorial and won't go near the area. I have personally witnessed the hornet nest trick and it surely works. A friend has a warehouse and after he cleaned away all the cob webs and mud wasp nests from his large covered area someone told him to do that and damn straight after more than a year not one damn nest of any kind. The penny trick I just heard of and I'm about to try that shit!

#2 stonestare

stonestare

Interstellar Overdrive

• OG VIP
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

If you want to keep some birds away an owl can keep them away. No need for a real owl but a fake one.

#3 BKeith

BKeith

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

Any ideas for how to repel piss ants?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!