• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:30 PM

I think koh ss is a poor choice for inverto fruiting, the myc looks almost tan, the humidity was insane, dripping actually. So I got a tupperware container and some perilite and decided to go back to basics. I was going to dunk but most of the cakes had water in the bottom of them so I'll take suggestions weather or not to dunk them. Are there any other things I should do? I am going to start some grain, someone is going to seld me some spores so My next question is can I put a straw log and cakes together? I wouldn't think there would be a problem.

#2 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:08 PM

Cakes work fine for spawning straw. Sounds like the cake was a little stressed from moisture, giving it's yellowish color. Let them set in there jars and recover till they whiten back up and then use them for spawning straw. Don't worry with dunking. Make sure all the excess moisture is out of the jars and just let them sit with the lids very loose. If the jars get moisture build up in them, dump them out. Give them a few days or until the cakes are white again. You'll be o.k.

(Message edited by looper on February 05, 2005)

#3 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:13 PM

You might even want to leave the lids off as long as they are 100% colonized.

#4 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:14 AM

I've got them in the chamber, I hope the fluff up and fruit right away, The fruits I got off of them inverto where not verry potent and small.

#5 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:55 AM

They will. Just be patient.

#6 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:50 AM

I fanned them this morning and they don't look soggy anymore, only time will tell

#7 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:54 PM

I think they are starting to fuzz up a bit, and are starting to get opque white

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!