64 replies to this topic

#41 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Looks like you've made it to live status pinnocchio ....er.......bottlebomber. Welcome!

• coorsmikey likes this

#42 cosmicsistar

cosmicsistar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:12 AM

Once my new member status is changed and I am to going VIP, I look forward to being able to support your pioneering work into mycology and creating a strong community. xoxo

• coorsmikey likes this

#43 MyElysiumTrips

MyElysiumTrips

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

I might do this soon, if I could have seen in the OP an updated Cart of Prices & thing's being sold for the Members / paid Patrons.

After I see the Deals verses yearly dues, I might be interested just to buy even Holistic Spores to grow Mycelium Medicine's, etc.

Maybe the OP / Mod could post an Edit of Links / Deals in 1st Post to observe products sold at prices, etc..

Anyways, I'm interests in getting like a Wholesale Membership for farming equipment & such!

Thanks

My Elysium Trips

#44 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,982 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

Mycotopia.net is not a store or is not currently selling anything other than Memberships that help to support the site and keep this place online. Trading and selling by and to members are limited to VIP or contributing members only. The would be no point in editing the original post with links because unless you are a VIP member those link would appear broken and you would only get an error message. It is advantageous to not have such places viewable to the general public and search engines.
Because of Members that choose to help keep all this knowledge available is how we have continued to stay together online for just shy of two decades. However there is chatter behind the scenes of possibly having a store to sell products where the proceed would be donated to Mycotopia possibly in the near future (or later) but selling spores for the purpose of cultivation along with a huge compilation of how to grow is not the sort of attention we want to bring here. Definitely don’t want tha attention in the personal lives of the people who run this forum.
As far as “Deals Vs Yearly Dues” are concerned..... there is a very tight knit community here that take very kindly to other that contribute to keeping our home alive. Some people trade, share and sell hobby related supplies but the many “Deals” happen from networking the people that have established reputations. Many members feel that that supporting the site shows that you care and aren’t just here to try and score spores or whatever, that is a good way to start to establish trust and reputation. Would you rather network with random anonymous people on Reddit or with people that have a vested interest that comes along with history and reputation? Here we look out for one another and people with bad reputations get called out. Most cases if you’re not sure about something or someone, there are many who will vouch for that person. Some people like to have this network and community, they don’t mind pitching in $20-30 every once and while. Others need to have something physical in there hands to see the value. Before I conclude here though I do want to point out, that once you are “Networked” there is rarely dollar values place on anything we share amongst friends. I consistently see more gifting than I see trading or selling. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen someone help another out with something like maybe a Spore Print to study and someone turns around and gives that person a Laminar Flow hood or their old microscope cuz they upgraded their $500 scope for a newer $900 scope. Oh and I can’t leave out all the wonderful lifetime friends and family I have met here in this network, how can one put a value on that?

Edited by coorsmikey, 04 May 2018 - 06:14 PM.

• Sidestreet, pharmer, Cuboid and 1 other like this

#45 seasea25

seasea25

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

I am glad to see this answer,  I was wondering if trading was allowed and how to do it. Can I become a VIP if I am not a free member yet? I dont have much to say right now, I just want to learn. I spend way too much time reading advice on these threads.

#46 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,982 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

You are a Free Member:)

#47 KCatthebat

KCatthebat

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:03 PM

Sales of spores, and syringes are restricted in Idaho, right?

#48 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:53 AM

Not just sales, but also possession: Idaho, California, and Georgia

Edited by Sidestreet, 10 June 2018 - 04:54 AM.

#49 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

Sales of spores, and syringes are restricted in Idaho, right?

Not just sales, but also possession: Idaho, California, and Georgia

I mean...

#50 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:10 AM

Totally.  :biggrin:

• CatsAndBats likes this

#51 Iceman3099

Iceman3099

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

This may be a better page than I originally thought... right now, I'm here to learn. This seems to be legit. Very fresh to this stuff. $20 to trade seems reasonable. Do people also sell straight up without trading spores?

#52 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

We do ask that folks become VIP before getting into the trading threads. 

There are vendors out there which will sell spores but VIP and trading locally is the best way to go. 

You're a Free Member now. 

I'll move your B+ thread out to the magic forum for more views and feedback. 

#53 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,082 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Iceman, if you become VIP, I'll give you a spore print from the last auction I won to help get your collection started.

Edited by Juthro, 19 June 2018 - 03:42 PM.

• NBShroomguy likes this

#54 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,982 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:06 PM

Annnnnnnddddd I’ll throw a 3pk your direction too. And if you act now you can have this Ginsu Knife set for only $19.99 It Slices, It Dices, and It Never Loses Its Edge!
  • Sidestreet, Da-1 and Buitensporig like this

#55 FoilFedera

FoilFedera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:29 AM

I'm trying to get VIP and I filled all the info out, so how do I send payment

#56 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,982 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

I'm trying to get VIP and I filled all the info out, so how do I send payment

I will contact you later this evening for me with option. Or better yet send me pm so I don't forget.
Please see this thread in the meantime https://mycotopia.ne...without-paypal/

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 September 2018 - 11:57 AM.

#57 FoilFedera

FoilFedera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:56 AM

Well do and think you!

#58 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,118 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

Annnnnnnddddd I’ll throw a 3pk your direction too. And if you act now you can have this Ginsu Knife set for only $19.99 It Slices, It Dices, and It Never Loses Its Edge!

Never loses its edge... Kinda like PJ!!

• Pipeline likes this

#59 Funnkydesigs

Funnkydesigs

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:43 AM

Hell yeah sounds great.

#60 NBShroomguy

NBShroomguy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

Because MJ is legal in Canada now would trading seeds for spores be against the terms? 
I have 10,000 + seeds Id say in my fridge 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!