• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:23 PM

invisibilitysyndrome : could you let us know what device and browser you're using?

On my setup using a desktop PC with Firefox:

There should be a smiley icon around the top middle of the reply window with all of the other formatting options.

Clicking the :smile: icon should slide open a panel below the Reply box with the list of available emoticons, click one to add it to the post, or click "Show All" underneath that to view the full list.

2015-01-16 19_09_12-Emoticons - The Daily Trip - Mycotopia.png

If you're on the Mobile site (blue/white IP.Board Mobile color theme) the interface is completely different and those options aren't there.

There's a light blue "Full Version" button @ the bottom left to change to the full Desktop site where you'll see those options.

Emoticons can also be entered by directly typing the code for that emoticon:

2015-01-16 19_17_31-Emoticons - Mycotopia.png

2015-01-16 19_18_29-Emoticons - Mycotopia.png

#22 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

invisibilitysyndrome : could you let us know what device and browser you're using?

On my setup using a desktop PC with Firefox:
There should be a smiley icon around the top middle of the reply window with all of the other formatting options.
Clicking the :smile: icon should slide open a panel below the Reply box with the list of available emoticons, click one to add it to the post, or click "Show All" underneath that to view the full list.
attachicon.gif2015-01-16 19_09_12-Emoticons - The Daily Trip - Mycotopia.png

If you're on the Mobile site (blue/white IP.Board Mobile color theme) the interface is completely different and those options aren't there.
There's a light blue "Full Version" button @ the bottom left to change to the full Desktop site where you'll see those options.

Emoticons can also be entered by directly typing the code for that emoticon:

attachicon.gif2015-01-16 19_17_31-Emoticons - Mycotopia.png
attachicon.gif2015-01-16 19_18_29-Emoticons - Mycotopia.png

Im on my phone note 3 using basic google internet android

Edited by invisibilitysyndrome, 16 January 2015 - 08:03 PM.

#23 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:28 AM

If you want to use the default mobile theme, then try just typing in the code for one of the emoticons.

The last two screenshots above show the codes to type, which is just the name of the emoticon surrounded by colons :

For example, when I type in:

:meditate:

it will automatically change the text into  :meditate:

#24 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

If you want to use the default mobile theme, then try just typing in the code for one of the emoticons.

The last two screenshots above show the codes to type, which is just the name of the emoticon surrounded by colons :

For example, when I type in:

:meditate:

it will automatically change the text into  :meditate:

Try making a new post in "Testing and Formatting" just to test out all of the ":description_for_emoticon:" things and learn how to use them! We got a place for that here!

Edited by niemandgeist, 18 January 2015 - 02:32 PM.

#25 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

Thnx ill try it.

#26 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

The experience is currently the best when using the full version of the site -- regardless if you're on mobile or not. The site will know you're on mobile and try to suggest Tapatalk or at least the mobile skin -- select the full version through your browser or the site to get all the goodies.

• AGAMA and niemandgeist like this

#27 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

The experience is currently the best when using the full version of the site -- regardless if you're on mobile or not. The site will know you're on mobile and try to suggest Tapatalk or at least the mobile skin -- select the full version through your browser or the site to get all the goodies.

We have to thank CSS3 for allowing us to detect screen resolutions and push the appropriate style sheet to it via @media (which is still VERY LIMITED because you need to know basically the height/width in PX to work within to TRY to push something helpful to the end user...), but at the same time it's CSS, and even if you've been working with it since 1997'ish you KNOW that CSS basically stands for, unofficially "Crazy Stupid SHIT!" It's always a guessing/editing game with that stuff. Once you think you begin to understand it you quickly realize that your code does some WEIRD stuff sometimes.

Not to mention that every mobile device is SLIGHTLY different and it's tough to 100% replicate a "Sitting at a PC" environment for a mobile device (lookin' at YOU @media...). In my experience porting "full sitting at a full PC" designs to mobile is more like "OK. What stuff from the normal way we want this to be can be ported more or less to a 'good enough' mobile version so that at least 53% of our users do not go insane?'".

:dry:

Edited by niemandgeist, 26 January 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#28 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:54 AM

Its been a minute since I've replied but even on the full site option on my phone there are no options for text color paragraph format smile face...all that comes up is a box to write text in and add photos in response to the thread i tried sharing a screen shot of what im seeing but it wouldnt alow me to load..
Its no big deal just thought id throw this out there....

#29 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

If it's not letting you upload images, could you upload some screenshots to somewhere like http://imgur.com/ and link them here so we can see what's going on?

• CatsAndBats likes this

#30 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,689 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

Its been a minute since I've replied but even on the full site option on my phone there are no options for text color paragraph format smile face...all that comes up is a box to write text in and add photos in response to the thread i tried sharing a screen shot of what im seeing but it wouldnt alow me to load..
Its no big deal just thought id throw this out there....

I have the same issue with iPad and iPhone.

If it's not letting you upload images, could you upload some screenshots to somewhere like http://imgur.com/ and link them here so we can see what's going on?

Here is a screenshot.
Well never mind on the screenshot, I used to be able to load pics through tapatalk and now I get a message that says "Your forum has disable image sharing from this app"

#31 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

Hm, Tapatalk must be malfunctioning somehow.

Honestly I don't suggest using it compared to to the much richer full site, on mobile/tablet devices try to use whatever options you can to "view full desktop site", there's usually a checkbox in settings somewhere.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!