bump for a badass thread!

#23 P4ulada

P4ulada

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 945 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

Wow, awesome pinset...how can I do it?! =P
You think that the substrate gave you this great flush?

Congrats

#24 Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

In washington I have noticed caerulipes in early april, 3 weeks later caerulescens, and a little later(3 days ago) oviods. I have no microscope and the U.W. guy doesn't really want too much to do with them. Is fruiting order a reasonably fair way to determine species w/out a scope? the first gets fairly large with age and planes out to about 3 inches max, with deep caps and long slow bruising stems when picked young (almost gray blue). seconed has clusters that seem to fight for room (bury stems) and seem to be growing in sunny open areas (at least these are). third seem to eat anything, but really appear to be a cross of the first two. I doubt they are, but their size and potency are very impressive, and the patch I found fruited almost a thousand little guys (not really so little) last year. someone sprayed them while poisoning horsetail-so not too many are expected this year. Any words from more experienced identifiers (I am getting up there! I have found around 20 different species over the last 15 years-and nobody to share my finds with untill now!)

#25 Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

Gutzman says they might not be cearulipes though...

they better be-If not I am going to be very confused. I can get some of the same (identical-really identical to the ones in the experiment) sent to your I.D. guy if that helps. They are the first to pop up of any I have found in washington after winter that is(except for the mock cubensis I call squirrel food-and they do smell potent and I think a handful were tested positive for psilocin/psilocybin).

#26 Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

The grower who did this is in the process of of doing another grow of this type. He asked that I delay posting it till the experiment is complete.

But here is a little teaser.......

"Last year I cased some containers and did not case others, and both performed equally well, so this year I am doing away with the casing layer. These mushrooms naturally fruit in the Spring, so last year I placed the substrate in the freezer over-night to simulate winter, but after the experiment was over I found mushrooms growing from a bag of leftover substrate that had been forgotten in the closet and had not been frozen. In this experiment I am freezing one container and not freezing two others to see if that step is necessary."

I think the species is so old that it follows a life cycle more like a plant than "specialized/evolved" psilocybes. I love washington, thank you dr. stunz and paul stamets and everyone else who intentionally or unintentially made life more enjoyable for thousands

#27 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

I highly doubt your finding Psilocybe caerulipes in Washington.

#28 Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

I have acess to the world rarst fungii and nobody wants to help me:(

#29 Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

pleeeezzzzz someone lend some assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!seattle microscope
?

#30 Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

I would bet $ if it were legal! I can show you some fresh ones wild if you have the time. considering Stunzi was from here it shouldn't be too surprising. Someone has been having a lot of fun around the U.W. making spawn in parks department mulch/chips. I have been finding them all over king county. If you wanna meet near montlake sometime soon let me know. These are identical to llamas friends indoor pics. The only difference is my outdoor patch has grass exchanging CO2 and O2 with them making some of the larger ones phenomenally large (like the yellow morels that grow next to the caerulipes) The slow bluing reaction, smaller cap and dingy blue gives them away. Most people think they are azeures after looking at them, but most poeple will never know what it is like to see either growing wild (99.8% of the world likely)
  • OldBear likes this

#31 Leroy Brown

Leroy Brown

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

when I said "like yellow morels", I meant that they benefit physically from them- not comparatively in size or weight!

#32 Dr.Psilo.

Dr.Psilo.

Scribbly signature

• Expired Member
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

I would bet $ if it were legal! I can show you some fresh ones wild if you have the time. considering Stunzi was from here it shouldn't be too surprising.

Would love to see some pictures of these alleged Psilocybe caerulipes in WA.

#33 UK Explorer

UK Explorer

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Would love to see some pictures of these alleged Psilocybe caerulipes in WA.

Yeah I was thinking this, get some pics up mate and let's get things rocking again!

Hoping to receive a spore print of 'the elusive Blue Foot' soon, hopefully can have some luck propagating!

(Sender says he knows they are Blue Foot as Ovoids don't grow where he is!)

#34 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

Leroy, just fyi in case you missed it, but this thread is from the period when these samples were thought to be caerulipes- but actually were ovoids.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!