Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Do you like dissociatives?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like dissociatives?

Do you like dissociatives?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,259 posts

Donator

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:15 PM

Thank you, Buckaroo, cherkropper, and eternal for your replies.

What I bought was 15x extract. Actually, it had some goofy name like PurpleStickySalvia or something equally lame.

Yesterday I tried a regular metal pipe and flame, with very little effect. I couldn't tell if I was getting high off of 5-year-old resin or salvia.

Today, I found directions on how to make a lightbulb vaporizor and used that instead. I did use a butane torch. I got the same high as before, so I know that feeling was from the salvia for sure. Thing is, I only loaded a pinchful at a time.

Should I load the entire rest of the package this time and just smoke it til it's gone or until I can't smoke anymore? As I don't smoke weed, my paraphernalia options are rather limited...

#22 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

Not to be rude, but toss the crap you have and go visit Bouncing Bear Botanicals and get a 5x or 10x extract. When you have some proper Sally, I GUARANTEE that you won't wonder if it is working.

Anticheffy – fun is very much a flexible term when dissociatives are concerned. This is why the sober guide is present to say "though that might seem fun right now, you won't want to wake up having done that." Part of the point of dissociatives is a complete obliteration of "common sense."

Wow. These replies kind of surprise me. I expected a lot of “SALVIA IS CLEARLY A PSYCHEDELIC” and “only idiots drink cough syrup for a buzz.”

Mycotopiates are a damned diverse lot.

#23 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,259 posts

Donator

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:31 PM

Not to be rude, but toss the crap you have and go visit Bouncing Bear Botanicals and get a 5x or 10x extract. When you have some proper Sally, I GUARANTEE that you won't wonder if it is working.

That's what I was afraid of. $60 down the drain. Oh well, serves me right for acting like a crackhead instead of buying from a reputable source.

#24 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:33 PM

There are way worse things, dude. Things like being a crackhead, for instance...

#25 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:37 PM

When you have some proper Sally, I GUARANTEE that you won't wonder if it is working.

heh if anything, for me it works so well that i dont even know its working, if you get what i mean.

a proper hit of high-strength extract will break you through cleanly and almost instantly. more often then not for me, the 'salvia' world is undoubtedly the true one, and this one the 'dream' one. the switch can be so fast that i often dont even realize i have taken a substance untill the effects start to wear down.

its sort of like being snapped out of a daydream...only in reverse

#26 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:37 PM

my biggest problem with them
is the danger i pose to others
while under their influence.
i think i could kill people,
and that gives me reason to deny the urge.

I have had experiences with PCP in which I couldn't feel my body and therefore had no idea how much strength I was using doing basic things like closing a door. I broke the inside door handle on my friends '73 Camaro once and didn't even know I did it until my friend pointed out that I was holding the broken handle in my hand. He wasn't too happy and it cost me $30 or so to replace the handle and an afternoon disassembling and reassembling the door, ooops! There was another time I bent the steering wheel in my 66 Ford Falcon and didn't know I did it until the next day when I got in my car to go to work and couldn't understand why my steering wheel was crooked LOL. I did'nt flirt with PCP much but I will say I never had a bad trip on it but I always split a dime of "T" ( dealers used to try and pass it off as synthetic "T"HC) with 4 or 5 people. I couldn't imagine smoking a whole dime of "crystal T" by myself. I think that's how people wind up stark naked in the street babbling incoherently and getting tazered and generaly getting the shit beat out of them by the cops. On the up side they probably never felt the beatings...until the PCP wears off LOL. Leaky Leak, DD Bomber, Red Devil just to name a few of the good old trademarked brands. I never saw liquid PCP and don't think I would touch it. All the "T" I ever did was very shiny tiny crystals and a thin layer about the thickness of a sewing needle rolled in the crease of a joint would easily get 4 or 5 people feeling real short :) I'm glad I never got in a fight on that stuff because I would probably kill someone too, ala Hippie.

#27 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

"Neither CO2 nor NO2 is tasteless, by the way. They are simply acquired tastes." Concentrated CO2 burns the the lungs like a motherfucker and you can almost feel it pulling the oxygen out of your bloodstream. I learned the hard way playing around with overcharging CO2 inflatable live vests so we could watch them explode. We were in a small storage locker and I got a good blast in the face and inhaled some CO2 and it burnt like hell. Open a bottle of coke some time and take a hit of the CO2 that first escapes...it's not very pleasant. BTW Helium can kill too, a couple kids died near me by playing with an advertising baloon. They were found dead inside it the next day. Good kids, one was an honor student...what a waste, I feel for the parents. That just sucks.

#28 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:52 PM

CO2 and NO2 are both called "odorless and tasteless."

Not the case at all...

#29 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:52 PM

i liked ketamine the one time i had it and would definately try it with shrooms.

Salvia (bbb) is definately a dissasociative to me, and loved mixing it with shrooms.

I have never had amanitas but i collected them and sun dried them (with respect), bought them from bbb and found and printed them in nature, one day i'm sure ill nibble on a little or make a tonic:)

datura i have handled, collected, photographed and are cultivating, and thought i felt a little strange after prolonged skin contact with adult plants. thought about adding about 3 or 4 datura seeds to boiling sanpedro.

Damn never tried nitrous either (only at the dentist), but sounds fun.

#30 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

Datura is interesting but it is also very fucking dangerous. It is in a whole other class than DXM/ketamine. It is also VERY easy to toxically poison yourself and die using datura.

I can also tell you, from personal experience, that using it very often will totally wreck your eyes.

#31 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:06 PM

when co2 dissolves in water, it actually makes an acid. carbonic acid if i remember back in chem class? you can do a kind of neat demo when you breathe out for a while in a cup of water with a pH indicator in it and see it change color eventually. lol that would be my guess why its painful to breath it in pure like that

that is also the reason they use n2o in whipcream cans (in case you didn't know, they do lol) co2 forms an acid and makes the milk and cream go sour.

#32 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:03 AM

Buckaroo, have you an opinion on ibogaine?
Dissociative, psychedelic ...or other.

#33 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:45 AM

I would have to say, quite decisively, other.

Or maybe both plus something else?

Iboga sends me "ass over teakettle." I've tried it three times and it absolutely french fried my world each time.

Just too much.

Or not enough?

I wouldn't say that I wouldn't never do it again, but I can say it isn't something I would never seek out again.

Can I say that? I think I can say that.

[edit: I should change that sentence to make more sense, but it seems to fit what I meant when I typed it, even if it doesn't make much sense...]

#34 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:44 AM

well i fell in love with nitrous oxide for a while. Putting 8 chargers into a balloon and soaking it all in can be quite amazing. Ive seen people convulse and stop breathing and stuff using nitrous though so i cant say much for its safety aspects.

#35 beardedlady

beardedlady

Documented Deemster

• Expired Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:06 AM

At first, I didn't want to post, or vote. Then I had some drinks. A lot of drinks.

I've taken dissociatives in a lot of different circumstances. Mostly DXM and muscimol. I've taken them at home, at work, and on the town; in a wide range of doses.

For the most part, I rarely feel anything more than intoxication. But...it's a really fun feeling, much different than alcohol.

My brother takes datura occasionally, and it's because of him that I won't try it. He'll show up, bloodied, not remembering what happened. Irresponsible, IMO, but he doesn't listen.

If you're going to experiement with them, do it responsibly, and never without a sober sitter.

#36 crankykid

crankykid

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:09 AM

that is also the reason they use n2o in whipcream cans (in case you didn't know, they do lol) co2 forms an acid and makes the milk and cream go sour.

Oops. Always wondered why.....

I make my own whipped cream at work....

Teehee. <----- NO2 is fun. Not all the time though.

Sally scares the shit out of me. Bought a cutting, and only smoked the leaves a few times. Now I'm scared to use it, doesn't that figure.

DXM's not too bad at all though.

= )

I enjoy listening to music while tripping on DXM. Only soft "naturey" music though.

Crankykid.

#37 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:18 AM

well i fell in love with nitrous oxide for a while. Putting 8 chargers into a balloon and soaking it all in can be quite amazing. Ive seen people convulse and stop breathing and stuff using nitrous though so i cant say much for its safety aspects.

n2o is relatively quite safe when used correctly. there has been scattered reports of it causing onley (sp?) lesions(degrading of brain tissue) with HEAVY long-term abuse.

what you describe happens when pure n2o is 'huffed'. basically, you are suffocating your self when you do this, but the body's natural defense system that makes you feel like you are suffocating(like when you hold your breath) is based on the co2 build up. when breathing pure n2o, no co2 is produced so you can not tell there is a problem until you are passed out. n2o is not used within the body, it will actually come back out more or less unchanged, plus some co2 from life-sustaining respiration.

this is why you can NEVER EVER attach anything over your mouth or nose, or use in a confined space, when using pure n2o, you will passout and that's the end of that.

#38 crankykid

crankykid

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:04 AM

You're definitely one smart person eternalfrost.

I enjoy reading the explanations for things.

= )

Crankykid.

#39 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

I don't like dissociatives. The only ones I have taken are datura, and salvia (if that qualifies). Datura pisses on salvia in terms of the level of dissociation. It is the mindless lack of control that scares me, along with COMPLETE isolation from reality. Buckaroobanzai is right about it affecting the eyes. I was unable to focus on anything near my face for several days afterwards, such as reading a newspaper. That alone is scary. Muscles in the eye are temporarily paralysed, and some people suffer long-term damage.

I assert that anyone who says they likes dissociatives simply hasnt taken a decent dose of a true dissociative such as datura.

I've taken iboga a few times in moderate doses. I don't class it as a dissociative. Datura works in a fundamentally different way to all other hallucinogens I have tried. It could be argued that any hallucinogen can be dissociative in a big enough dose, but the basic nature of a datura trip seems to be dissociative. There is no happy medium as far as i can see.

#40 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,259 posts

Donator

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:17 PM

Datura is interesting but it is also very fucking dangerous. It is in a whole other class than DXM/ketamine. It is also VERY easy to toxically poison yourself and die using datura.

I can also tell you, from personal experience, that using it very often will totally wreck your eyes.

I tried datura once, and a low dose. The shit that it did to my eyes was enough to keep me from ever ingesting it, ever again. I do not see how anyone could possibly enjoy this substance, unless not being able to read AT ALL for 2 days or more is a trade-off they are willing to make.

My low dose was enough to make me feel kind of warm and dreamy (for lack of a better description), but the way it sort of "dried" my throat, and the way my pupils dilated and my vision blurred/doubled, I could never endure that again. I imagined at the time that my throat felt like what a fish must feel after being pulled up out of the water with a fish hook and left in the air, gasping for oxygen (without the whole gasping for oxygen feeling. :) ) It was terrible. And haven't I read a post where you say you enjoy datura? How do you get by for 2+ days without reading a gorram thing?

Nowadays, my datura contact is limited to growing the beautiful plant and smelling its heavenly fragrance. In my opinion, it's kind of like the scent of rose but ten times better.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!